WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I love Maya Angelou's quotation. I've admired her wisdom for a long time. :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I've been having trouble with MFP today. Am I the only one? I've never had login trouble before that I can remember.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    My curried bean sprouts were unanimously voted delicious! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara: We left our cable company a number of years ago and went to Direct TV, which is owned by AT&T. WE are able to watch the things that we enjoy. Our location is not suitable for regular antennas. WE don’t get decent signal due to topography. :star:

Lisa: In our neighborhood those who own cats keep them inside because predators in the community find them tasty. I have witnessed racoon attacks on cats, and I think they’re one of the most aggressive cat killers in our community. In past years we’ve had coyote and cougar attacks on feral cats and pet dogs, too. We haven’t seen the big animal predators in town for the past several years. You’ve heard me gripe about deer eating my bean plants. They live inside our town, year around. As people gobble up land for homes, the critters adapt. :ohwell:

Pip: “Three, two, one—blast off!!!!!” I hope you’ll be able to stay in touch with us during your move, and when you reach Fresno. :star:

Margaret: Drew, the exercise guru! Enjoy! :bigsmile:

We’re doing relatively well in our county. There have been low numbers of Covid Cases, and no deaths so far. I hope we’re all lucky enough to stay healthy through this pandemic. We're all wearing face masks when out in public shopping and such. I'm pleased with our Governor's management of this situation. We've had a cleaning lady for the past few years. I offered to get her a face mask but she refused. We won't be using her services until things change. :noway:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

oh yeah, i'll still be on here
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Had to skip 300 messages. JR growth spurts passed our supplies of shoes y socks we can’t go out here so hubby hunted alone by cell at a bealls closing sale for what he could find. He managed to find some grabbed some sz small y medium shirts too.

Amber Tx

Maintaining.

Fixing things around the house 🏡 been busy.
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Michele, I didn't have to reserve a certain piece of equipment at the Y, I don't think running out of equipment would be an issue, they have 46 spots open, but I was one of only 15 or 16 people there. Yesterday, I was the only person in the core strength class. I was concerned about the class as it was very popular, but I guess people are taking it slow.
    Tracey, your daughter and family have a l8vely new home! I also loved the important box that held the coffee maker!
    Trying to catch up, almost 100 posts behind! On my tablet, so posting by the page!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the ammonia soaked sock might deter the squirrels, but I would need a LOT of socks to pull that off!
    The wire mesh seems to be working, for now anyway, just have to wait and see.
    I really need to get back in the garden, the bigger project is done, but I have several planters that need to be redone, dirt added and plants sorted out, just some general TLC needed.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Karen Voit’s Pilates Abs and Back DVD

Vince said he wants to mow the lawn. Well, I need to go to the soup kitchen first. Actually, I’ll probably leave in a few to go to WalMart to get some prescriptions.

Lisa – Egg knows!!!

Margaret – Drew is fantastic for you!
    Vince found a lump in his *kitten*. I know he’s worried and the first time he can see the MD is next Friday. I’m trying to be the eternal optimist, but I have to admit that I’m somewhat worried, too. Wish I could go with him to the MD appt.

Heather
    – remind me, what does vat stand for?

Exercised. Went to Food Lion to get two items. Went early. Then to WalMart right before the soup kitchen for the prescriptions. Home and cut the grass. I swear, the sweat was literally pouring off me. Then in the pool (where else?)

Lisa – when we had the fence for the pool put in, after the guys left Vince literally went to each piece with a level. There were a few that they had to fix

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Its 1.30 am I got in from work an hour ago...... just winding down and getting ready for my bed. But I alays want to snack when I get in ! So hard not to. Had a very busy shift, quite emotional, I come home and want to sit, snack, chill and then sleep. No good telling me to eat fruit - I tried that but body says no. Tonight I had a bowl of shreddies. Seemed better than the fried egg sandwich body was asking for .
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 59 years old from Corona CA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    Options
    Michele hope it goes well for Vince.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

didn't ride to wrk, just because...

Bike ride home 2 dome- 10.37min, 131mhr, 14.6amph, 2.57mi= 78c
    Apple Watch- 79c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 18.33min, 12.2amph, 141mhr, 3.76mi= 136c
    apple watch- 136c
    bike ride wrk 2 sta- 3min, 10.2amph, 114mhr, .51mi= 28c
    apple watch- 19c
    bike ride dome 2 home- 16.25min, 9.4amph, 150mhr, 2.58mi= 219c
    apple watch- 161c

total 461c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    I was right, they called literally as I was headed out the door, because they couldn't find the place. Everyone trusts Google Maps, and it's wrong in our case. I always tell them that, but they don't listen.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

After the 2009 bushfires, when we lived in the shack at the back of the property where my husband worked, there was a fire trail/lane thing between our property and the pine plantation next to us. It was a rutted rocky track out in the middle of nowhere that went nowhere, but was meant for access in case of (ironically) a bushfire.

We'd get delivery vans trying to negotiate it to deliver something!! I'm not even sure how they got there but if my husband were home, he'd drive over and ask if he could help. Often they wanted to trust their google directions more than him.

M in Oz