Getting Fit in the 30's

Options
1235»

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if anyone wants... (MFP or Fitbit)

Basics: 33 year old teacher in Northern Alberta.

A few years back I lost over 55 lbs, completely surpassing my goal weight! Then I went back to university (little weight gain, but not much). A year after graduation I got married but not even 2 weeks later I was hit by a car while walking. I've had back and shoulder issues ever since, coupled with painful leg spasms :( I tried to keep going with the gym or different classes/programs, but things that were easy before, were painful. Couple that with moving across the country to teach and well... it's been 4 years since wedding and all that weight is back (plus some).

But, I'm trying! I'm back to logging my food (79 day streak today). And I finished the C25K program a few weeks ago (I'm slower than my previous 5k, but proud that I could do it!). So far my weight loss is slow (about 1lb/week) but I have to work within my limits so going to just keep going. I have a Fitbit as well but I can never remember my username lol. If anyone wants to be friends there, just send me an inbox here and I'll add you or send you my email to add.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I’m 32, no kids or cats, just a dog. 🙃 I want to get body into shape before it becomes more difficult. That might be vain, but it’s true of me. I also want to keep doing the things I love for as long as I can.

I’m in Mountain Standard time zone (so many folks seem to be in EST) and have a public diary. My current struggle is that I’ve lost water weight and am now working on the harder part of weight loss. Happy to have more friends on this journey! Because I’m still WFH and going stir crazy Im on here way too much and try my best to encourage others.
  • starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    38 years old Mom of twins here!
  • txou86
    txou86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    33 years old, three years old boy, a little baby and a dog. Im trying to be fit again but it's a little bit difficult because i haven't got enought time to do lots of exercise. But i will try, with your help i will get IT💪💪💪
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join please? I'm a serial starter - depression kicks my *kitten* on a regular basis and heathy living goes out the window...
  • Becrose09
    Becrose09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I’m here for motivation feel free to add 😁
  • Reader818
    Reader818 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I finally got off of the one to two pound loss/gain merry go round. I weighed in under my threshold. I actually think physically typing it out here helped!

I did not get my 30 exercise minutes in every day, but I can work on that.

My next goals:

- Lose 3.6 pounds by August 15. This is a pretty aggressive goal for me, but it will get me down to 160.
    - Close my exercise ring eight times by August 15.
    - Drink 60 oz of water daily. This one is easy. I like to have a success, though, in case everything else goes haywire. 😜

Please feel free to add me. Thanks for starting this thread!
  • patprince8
    patprince8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been watching motivational youtube videos especially when I need to dig deep and stick with the weight loss process. It helps that my roommate is also very active and fit, so I stick to my weight loss more when she is around, but when she's gone, I get hungry (lol). That's when I hit the youtube motivational videos hard. They're bookmarked so I won't miss it!
  • patprince8
    Options
    What helps me too also is to exercise effectively but gently to avoid injury. Staying injuring free is really motivating for weight loss. Stretching gently in the course of my exercise regimen likewise keeps me injury free and motivated. But my biggest worry these days as I mentioned above is fighting cravings when no one is around. I have those cravings right now by the way, which is why I am posting. I wish us all lots of amazing motivation. The struggle will be worth it as we reach our goals, so I am reminding myself of my goals as I go through the day to day struggles of weight loss.
  • BSPharmD15
    BSPharmD15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    aaputnam2 wrote: »
    Hey! My name is Aly - going to be 31 this fall. Two kids (7 and 9) - recently gained a few lbs after starting a new medication for my Crohn's disease and am trying to drop it back off. I've got cats too! (And two dogs, and a guinea pig, and four chickens haha) am a marine scientist (MS) mid phd and looking for others my age to connect with and stay motivated together! Would love to add any of you! :)

Hi. My name is Bill, fresh 31. Have 2 kids (5 and 3) and one on the way. Have 3 dogs. I’m a pharmacist, and I have been overweight for as long as I can remember but trying to lose weight to get healthy for my kids. Plus I have some chronic pain issues I attribute to my weight. I need motivation and support and happy to provide it as well.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this AM, and I'm down 3.2 lbs. Yay! Still moving in the right direction. As of right now still just walking. I still need to get better on the diet!

How are y'all doing?
  • patprince8
    Options
    Weighed in this AM, and I'm down 3.2 lbs. Yay! Still moving in the right direction. As of right now still just walking. I still need to get better on the diet!

How are y'all doing?

Excellent, motivatedsister! Keep it going!

For me, I weighed in, and I'm down 1 lb.

Stats:
    Height - 5'7"
    July 9, 2020 Weight - 138 lbs.
    August 3, 2020 Weight - 137 lbs.

1 lb. lost in one month is very motivating because it's a step in the right direction (-:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m a 32yr old homeschooling mom of a 7yr old DS. We also have two cats 🐈 🐈

Last year I lost 45lbs from Jan-May... then we found out DH’s company was shutting down & we had 4wks to leave the country 😳

We moved back Stateside, DH got a new job, we got our stuff from overseas (4mo shipping time), lived off of savings while DH completed training. Stress weight crept back on. By Jan of this year we were back on track... then Covid. 😣

In June I decided I was fed up with it all & got back with the program. I’ve lost nearly 20lbs since then. Easily another 40lbs to go; probably should be 60+. We’ll see.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options

In June I decided I was fed up with it all & got back with the program. I’ve lost nearly 20lbs since then. Easily another 40lbs to go; probably should be 60+. We’ll see.

20 lbs since June is awesome! You're well on your way to your goal.
  • Cerliona
    Cerliona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, looking for accountability buddies too. I'll add you. :smile:
  • ashleymolyneau
    ashleymolyneau Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I have a fitbit too and do some weekly challenges, typically and would love to be included in others if it would be motivational for anyone else. I just turned 32 in June..I gained 50lbs with my son, and another 20 after having him FIVE years ago... I finally found my WHY earlier this year, and have officially lost 50lbs. I'd like to keep doing and make it back to healthier than my prepregnancy weight (because even then I had gained back 40 that I had lost). Feel free to add me, if you'd find it beneficial. And if you want to be friends on FITBIT message usernames :)