• Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy
    Ranting right alongside you 😒😠
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Hi. I am Dawn. Turning 60 in September.
    I live in SE BC, Canada.
    I started on this thread November 28.18 - at that time I was having drinks every day. That first AF day was very hard! I vowed to have 1AF day per week to start, then progressed to 2AF days per week etc.
    My goal now (that is working for me) is 16-20 AF days per month. I have been keeping within that since last October. I am comfortable and happy with that goal. If I exceed that, then great.
    I have never ever been able to exceed 3 drinks or I throw up. Moderation is thrust upon me.
    Wednesday July 01 - AF - Happy Canada Day.
    Thursday July 02 - AF - Super long day at work. I kept thinking about having drinks tonight if I could ever get through the day. I used the delay tactic when I finally did arrive home so hungry and tired. I'm sure tomorrow will be better for having abstained.
    Friday July 03 - AF - Scheduled Mojitos with a gf tomorrow after garage Sale-ing and the farmer's market. Would have liked to have a couple today after being up a ladder painting in the hot sun, but saving it up.
    Saturday July 04 - Mojitos and stuff.
    Sunday July 05 - AF - Felt like having drinks though.
    Monday July 06 - AF - I might have drinks at band practice tomorrow, we'll see.
    Tuesday July 07 - AF - I was going to have drinks if the guys were drinking beer at practice, but they drank water today, my super water : - )
    Wednesday July 08 - 3 drinks. I have been trying to not have drinks unless I am happy and celebrating, or on a nice sunny day when I have spent many hours working in my yard. Now that I am back to working long stupid days my will power just went out the window. I didn't get home until 10pm and hadn't eaten since the morning. I was hungry, tired, stressed. The first sip of a drink felt really nice.
    Thursday July 09 - AF - Another late night getting home, I didn't finish dinner until 11:30. I worked for Foster Grant today, and they require us to wear masks and gloves when servicing stores. Not comfortable. I peeled the mask and gloves off outside the store into a garbage bin, really thinking about having a drink when I got home. I could too easily slip back into daily drinks after work, I will have to work at not doing that.
    Friday July 10 - AF - I have a friend in town staying with another friend. I was invited for drinks on the outdoor deck. They are not heavy drinkers, but drinkers nonetheless. I wanted to at least get my 2AF days in a row. I am getting together with them tomorrow afternoon. I may have drinks. I avoided going tonight because I can't always resist when others are drinking around me and getting giggly.
    Saturday July 11 - A bunch of drinks in the hot sun on my friends patio.
    Sunday July 12 - AF - Slept early and awoke early (4am). I didn't feel fantastic, but after lemon water and some coffee I went for a nice 2 hour hike and felt back to normal after that.
    Monday July 13 - AF
    Tuesday July 14 - AF - Time to trim this long post down. I do like to look at it when I log on, but I can do that with reducing it to a spoiler.
    Wednesday July 15 - AF - that was a real test of willpower, my morning started out with the flusher arm on the toilet snapping argh. My workday was ridiculous, and a bunch of other crappy things today. I am trying very hard to not have drinks when I am stressed, only when I am happy. Today was a test, I know that some numbing would have been lovely, but I also want tomorrow to be a better day, and I don't want to jeopardize that with possibly not feeling well.
    Thursday July 16 - AF - I just plum didn't go out into the field for one of the companies that I work for today, I was so stressed out from working for them yesterday. It was only to be 2 small merchandising jobs at 2 grocery stores today, but as long as I get there, build the displayers and do their signage and stuff by the 24th it will be okay. I got spoiled being on lay-off from some jobs, and taking a leave of absence from the one that I hate working for so much. It was the happiest that I had been in many years, puttering around the house and the garden, listening to music, playing in my garden, waking up when I felt like it. I love being alone, so self-isolation suited me perfectly. I posted my best AF totals during that time. It would have been easy to slip back into having drinks at the end of a long stressful workday, really trying not to. Expecting to have drinks with friends over the weekend - socially distancing outside of course.
    Friday July 17 - Drinks. I was making most of them, so I poured my own as a half shot each.
    Saturday July 18 - Ditto to Friday. No regrets. Fun beach day and socially distanced visits.
    Sunday July 19 - AF - Time to rack up some more AF days. I got lots of drinks out of my system over the weekend: Mojitos, Cosmos, wine, rum punch, beer, pisco sours. I had very moderate servings of all. I felt fine today, not so fine Saturday morning, thinking it was the 2 ounces of wine, because I didn't have any wine yesterday.
    Monday July 20 - AF - Got out to "my" lake today for the first time this season, I was at a different lake over the weekend. How nice it was to float on my floatie, stay cool, and tan. (Well, I have a tan from my garden, but being in the water gives a better tan lol). I carry a Frozen Mike's Hard Lemonade in my little water cooler, sort of an adult slushie. I use it like ice to keep my water cold only, then back into the freezer. I am sure that I will drink it eventually, but until I locate my other ice packs (packed with more summer stuff?) it will do nicely.
    Tuesday July 21 - AF - Always happy to hit 16AF days, some months it has been right down to the wire. Nice to have a buffer of days.
    Wednesday July 22 - AF - A stressful workday when I would rather have been at a lake. I wanted drinks, but am really trying to not drink to reduce stress and numb me out. Plus, I am basically finished field work for the week, just paperwork to do from home so I should be able to get to some lakes during our heatwave here before the Albertans arrive for the weekend.
    Thursday July 23 - Drinks after getting home from floating on a lake with my guitar player. Awesome day.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 23 days.