I’M BACK ! : LOST, RE-GAINED (50%) and LOST it - Thank goodness

NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
Started Nov 2013 at 405 pounds!

Utilizing the MyFitnessPal app, along with exercise and healthy foods, I was able to hit 214 lbs by 2/2015 and swore I would NEVER go near 400 lbs again…and I DIDN’T. I gave away all my “fat” clothes and kept the promise to myself of put Feb 2015. My reward was a pre-planned “quality” tailored suit.

Despite never regaining the first 100 lbs I lost, the second 100 lbs turned into a huge struggle and I Yo-Yo'd all over the place ending up at nearly 300 lbs. Not using the MFP app was a big factor. There was NO WAY I was going to buy bigger clothes and start the slippery slope to morbid obesity acceptance again. For weddings, funerals and other formal events I “rented” a suit from a formal menswear store and told no one.

After extensive research, I began a 16/8 intermittent fasting regimen on May 13, 2019. It fits my lifestyle and only took a couple weeks for me to adapt. I became more aggressive w/ my walking, added some limited weight-lifting (per cardiologist no lifting over 50 lbs) and resumed monitoring for a calorie deficit. Intermittent fasting for me is nothing more than “timed eating.” It is NOT a diet and I plan to just keep on doing it.

As of today, I weigh 197 pounds! This is the lowest I have been in over 25 yrs. so anything under 205 will make me a happy camper.

g1ezg6f2y4sz.jpg

Replies

• ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Congratulations
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Very nice--a success for sure! Wishing you all the best in maintenance.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    What a fantastic story! Well done and thanks for the motivation!
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Amazing job, well done!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    That is fantastic!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited July 2020
    wow what a difference, wtg! I do intermittent fasting naturally. That is just the way I eat. I eat at pm and then not again til around 8am. I lost my weight and then found myself munching on chips and getting a piece of hard candy and then more candy and more chips and you know. I had to say STOP that, go in a different direction. It is so easy to pick up bad habits.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Congratulations, what an accomplishment! I'm back AGAIN, only 120 lbs. to go. Although I shouldn't be, I'm amazed at how quickly the time flies and how quickly the weight comes back on. Your post is an inspiration and so timely. I'm hoping to finally learn the virtue of patience. Thanks for sharing.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Congratulations! It's good to see you again, and I really mean that, as I remember your photos from when I was first losing in 2015. Yours was one of the many stories here that gave me inspiration!
  • maroonfaye
    maroonfaye Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations! What a wonderful achievement
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Very nice, sharp suit - good to see someone rocking a pocket square. I'll bet you feel great!
  • joannepatricia116
    joannepatricia116 Posts: 2 Member
    Incredible results! Congrats! I'm also thinking about Intermittent Fasting. It seems to work for a lot of people.
  • rhefter1
    rhefter1 Posts: 1 Member
    Respect your dedication. If possible, consider swimming...it's an excellent way to burn calories through a non-traumatic method. Resistance training is important to continue also. Stay healthy!
    ---Rick
  • MFPLiftWeightsRun
    MFPLiftWeightsRun Posts: 15 Member
    Your photos are SUPER DUPER inspiring. Thank you !
    Your techniques are helpful - thank you for that as well>!!
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work!. You give me inspiration. I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work!. You give me inspiration. I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs

You are close to your goal so I hope you keep on going and find what works for you. Still LMAO about the fireballs!
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2020
    You look amazing! An inspiration!
  • UrsieT
    UrsieT Posts: 2 Member
    Way to go!!
  • camilledaisy
    camilledaisy Posts: 33 Member
    Wow, good job!
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member
    Wow
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Impressive!!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!