Tracking question

Options
I went to log my food intake for the day and noticed that I was being given less net carbs for today compared to the other days. Today it said I was only allowed 15 net carbs. I did go over one day by eight carbs. Is it reducing my allowed carbs for the day because of that?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t aware MFP dealt with net carbs, but regardless - it’s definitely not ‘punishing’ a day when you went a bit over your goals by restricting you on another day.

That’s way too complicated for the simple algorithm that is MFP calculations!

It’s more likely that it’s either a glitch or you’ve changed something else and it’s had a knock-on effect on your carb macro 🤷‍♀️
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Do you log your exercise (or have a wearable device or phone app linked to MFP)? If you log exercise, MFP adds your exercise calories to your daily goal and adds macros to your daily goals in proportion your percentages. So if you exercised less today than on previous days, you would have a lower carb goal. (Like @BarbaraHelen2013 , I am unaware that MFP tracks net carbs.