60 yrs and up

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs

You might need a diet break. Hormone levels can get out of whack during a long term calorie restriction. A diet break helps the body reset the hormone levels. A lot of people find the break mentally refreshing as well. See the link below - most of the relevant information is in the first two pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hey Gang! Been stalking this thread for a while. 66 years here. Married 43 yrs. 3 married kids. 4 grandkids. Lived/worked in Alaska for 38 years. Retired last Oct, now living in So. AZ after snowbirding for many years. My wife got me doing MFP about 8 years ago and got me a Fitbit about a year later. I feel both are great tools to help attain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I love cookies! I hear them speak to me from miles away, 😆 🍪😆 “Eat me, just one, or a dozen...”
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 250 Member
    Hey Gang! Been stalking this thread for a while. 66 years here. Married 43 yrs. 3 married kids. 4 grandkids. Lived/worked in Alaska for 38 years. Retired last Oct, now living in So. AZ after snowbirding for many years. My wife got me doing MFP about 8 years ago and got me a Fitbit about a year later. I feel both are great tools to help attain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I love cookies! I hear them speak to me from miles away, 😆 🍪😆 “Eat me, just one, or a dozen...”

Incredible!!!! Potato chips speak to me!!!🙌😂🤣☺️
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 250 Member
    mikebxb wrote: »
    I started Nov 2019 tracked all intake, lost 20 lbs but I've now plateau'd or stuck at 207+/- my target is 185. As you can imagine I'm getting frustrated. I've cut back cheese, milk, bread, pasta, potatoes, fried foods. I pat/squeeze all the grease from all lean beef, choose lean beef. no blue cheese/ranch dressing use vinegar and evoo instead. eat so much fresh kale, fresh lemon and organic apple cider I fart fireballs

You might need a diet break. Hormone levels can get out of whack during a long term calorie restriction. A diet break helps the body reset the hormone levels. A lot of people find the break mentally refreshing as well. See the link below - most of the relevant information is in the first two pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

🔥☺️🔥🔥
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    A good day
    Shopping
    Made my own lemon curd
    19,300 steps
    2333 calories burned
    8 miles in total 2 walks
    I think I am on a roll!

ANNLIZ23: Yes, you are amazing. Please tell me what you do with lemon curd. I have a jar in my cupboard that was given to me. I am not sure what to do with it.

Greenvalli
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    A good day
    Shopping
    Made my own lemon curd
    19,300 steps
    2333 calories burned
    8 miles in total 2 walks
    I think I am on a roll!

ANNLIZ23: Yes, you are amazing. Please tell me what you do with lemon curd. I have a jar in my cupboard that was given to me. I am not sure what to do with it.

Greenvalli

I made a sponge cake and filled it with lemon curd the added lemon icing on top also made thumb print biscuits filled with lemon curd, hubby has lemon curd sandwiches or on toast. I also made mini cakes cut out the centre and filled it with the curd.
  • karlschaeffer
    u65blp969q20.jpeg

The view from here. Happy Monday!
  • Kakimcq0102
    Kakimcq0102 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 60 and need to lose 50 pounds, I am a binge eater, do great for weeks, then one day eat everything, and have to start over.
  • chief7844
    chief7844 Posts: 7 Member
    I weigh every morning and watch my weight bounce a pound or two up and down. Around midweek I take the new reading to check in with. I've gone from 249.2 to 234.4 in the past 71 days - an average of 0.2085# per day (that last 85/10000 of a pound is important you know). If I go up in weight I push back down toward 1200 calories - if not I go toward 1500. Seems to be working for me.
  • annliz23
    u65blp969q20.jpeg

The view from here. Happy Monday!

Lovely
  • annliz23
    I’m 60 and need to lose 50 pounds, I am a binge eater, do great for weeks, then one day eat everything, and have to start over.

You can do it
  • annliz23
    A great start to my week
    2 workouts abs and booty, cardio HIIt for legs
    2 walks total 7 miles
    So far 18196 steps today
  • chief7844
    chief7844 Posts: 7 Member
    chief7844 wrote: »
    I weigh every morning and watch my weight bounce a pound or two up and down. Around midweek I take the new reading to check in with. I've gone from 249.2 to 234.4 in the past 71 days - an average of 0.2085# per day (that last 85/10000 of a pound is important you know). If I go up in weight I push back down toward 1200 calories - if not I go toward 1500. Seems to be working for me.

Btw - I'm 73 & in good health except for a broken 5th lumbar vertebrae which I've contended with for 58 years. My goal is 195#.
  • karlschaeffer
    A great start to my week
    2 workouts abs and booty, cardio HIIt for legs
    2 walks total 7 miles
    So far 18196 steps today

Excellent!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

A one day binge doesn't mean you have to start over. Just think of it as a treat day. I binge occasionally, but I just get back on track the next day and forget about it.

You might try planning for some treats in your eating plan on a regular basis. I like chocolate, and there is usually some in the house. Most days I have a bite or three if it fits into my calorie budget. Keeps me from binging on chocolate most of the time.

• mds1207
    mds1207 Posts: 42 Member
    started back and lost 2 lbs. this week. PROGRESS!!! Only 5 more days and I'll be putting these surgical sandals into storage (hoping to NEVER see them again!). Hope that you are achieving your every goal! Take care.
  • Barbsunshine7
    Barbsunshine7 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Well, here I am...back at it again :D
    I actually can't remember when I last logged in, spring is now a blur! I worked from home for a few months due to Covid, but while I was off I fractured my ankle. I was pretty stuck to the sofa while recuperating and it was a wake-up call. I barely had strength to use crutches and couldn't pull myself up without using a cane. Fortunately, I've only put on 5 lbs but that sets me back...still need to lose 50 lbs (short term goal). While at home however I got into a bad habit of snacking late and right before bed. I know what I need to do but it's so hard not to tell myself to start over tomorrow.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Newly retired as of 6/30/2020 from a sedentary position and have now moved to sedentary slothing from my couch to my easy chair. Only activity so far is reading and cooking and occasional masked visits to the grocery store. I'm 71, husband is 81 and we've both become slugs due to the pandemic. I just resigned from WW and activated premium on MFP hoping to get back on track and get some steps in and see how my fitbit helps. No more excuses except for a bad knee that I've been dealing with for years due to surgical avoidance. Planning to make positive changes!
  • annliz23
    5ws4r1putcl3.jpg