2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Chi_Hien
    Chi_Hien Posts: 9 Member
    E7mack96 wrote: »
    hello all, been using the site now for a few weeks and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My goals are to get sugars and sodium under control, and lose another 40 or so lbs of fat and gain 10 - 20 lbs of muscle. Is there a pdf or something of how to better use the diet logs? I may eat the same foods for breakfast , lunch or dinner and it is tedious to enter them 3x. How can I just have them in each group with one entry?

Yea, I do the same. I meal prep for the week and if I feel like eating dinner for breakfast or breakfast for lunch I do. You should be able to create meals and recipes. Then just add them for the entry.
  • Chi_Hien
    Chi_Hien Posts: 9 Member
    Hello 👋. I had this for the longest but only now using it seriously. I plan on losing this weight once and for all. I have hormonal issues which make the weight loss difficult but consistency is key! 🔑
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 192 Member
    E7mack96 wrote: »
    hello all, been using the site now for a few weeks and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My goals are to get sugars and sodium under control, and lose another 40 or so lbs of fat and gain 10 - 20 lbs of muscle. Is there a pdf or something of how to better use the diet logs? I may eat the same foods for breakfast , lunch or dinner and it is tedious to enter them 3x. How can I just have them in each group with one entry?

I created my own meals. Then I only have to add/change a couple of ingredients. MFP provides one called Yesterday's Breakfast, lunch dinner that gives you everything you ate yesterday. Saves some time.
  • AngelOfMusic1028
    AngelOfMusic1028 Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2020
    I consider myself new since I've only been serious about logging food this past week (serious about my overall health starting last month) I've been using this app on and off since 2012. Since I've gotten really serious, I don't notice a difference physically, but my scale does notice the difference. Lost 11 lbs in a month just from changing my eating habits.
    Will I lose the same every month? Of course not. However I'm happy with just seeing the numbers go down, even if it's not by much.
    If I can stay on track (which I have a really hard time doing TBH) I should be at my goal between November-January! Started at 167 in 2012, didn't lose much cause I wasn't all that serious. Had a really tough time in 2018 (like I was so stressed that the smell of food made me feel sick) Lost 23lbs then. Once I felt better, gained 15 because I started eating again. Now I'm down 11 lbs this past month and I hope to keep it all off this time since I'm doing it the right way. 25-30 more lbs to go until my goal. (If you aren't good at math or just don't want to figure it out, current is 148)
  • AutumnFreckles
    AutumnFreckles Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I’m a newbie and have been on this app for almost 3 weeks, (I have lost 13 lbs so far and couldn’t be happier!) I would love some motivated and supportive friends who I could support back so please feel free to add me ☺️
  • hannahkat404
    hannahkat404 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I’m brand new here. I’ve wanted to gain weight for a long time (I’m JUST teetering on the edge of underweight for my age group and height), but I’ve never had any luck. Any tips help!! I’d also love to make supportive female friends around my age (17-20) who are looking to gain some muscle weight as well :) Hope y’all are all having a good day!
  • aishlingreale
    aishlingreale Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys I'm new to calorie counting going to try it to see how I do. I've been doing slimming world but gone off it !
  • Hurricane722
    Hurricane722 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone; I’m just starting out with MFP; I started keto|IF in the beginning of June and added in the gym when it reopened in mid-June. It’s been MUCH slower than all of these people who lose so much weight upfront! I’d love to meet people to help with the inspo to stay on the rollercoaster throughout the disappointment and fluctuations in motivation and progress. Thanks for reading 😊
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    edited August 2020
    New to Premium and hoping it will give me some much needed detail on my eating habits. I am up to 182 lbs at 5.2ish (was 5.4 but seem to be shrinking due to age). I've changed my weight goal to 150 pounds (likely still too heavy for my frame, but somehow seems more realistic than my previous 135 goal). Also changed my exercise goal to 4 times a week a minimum of 30 min each (walking, biking, maybe some on-line exercise videos from MFP & Silver Sneakers) as a realistic start. I'm newly retired and need to come up with a daily schedule to make all this happen. It is now day 2 of entering foods and will give myself a weekly measurment to lose a minimum of 1 pound a week...Hope I'm not being too wimpy about my goals.
  • Hi i'm new to this whole thing as well and so far it has worked really well
  • leaptofaith
    leaptofaith Posts: 3 Member
    Hey y’all! I’m new to the community and I would love to have some accountability partners and also to see other people striving to better their health together. Please add me as a friend and can’t wait to get to know y’all!
  • strength1070
    strength1070 Posts: 6 Member
    tlr?id=288654779227945&ev=PageView&noscript=1&.pngHey.
  • AprilEchols30
    AprilEchols30 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello. If anyone wants to be friends to connect support and challenge. Feel free to request me.
  • ly2sing
    ly2sing Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I am a newbie. Have tried and failed so many times before. This time I need to count calories, and stick with it. No excuses, that’s all there is to it!

• DeborahH1962
    DeborahH1962 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone, I have been here a short time and I have to say I really love it. I wanted to check it out logging my foods and really seeing what I am eating and I find it has helped me greatly. Especially after being on weight watchers and not losing for some time now. I have about 10 - 12 pounds to lose and I really believe I can do it here. Good luck to you all!
  • mybree11
    mybree11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Everyone, I am a newbie and starting my weight loss journey. I am nervous and excited at the same time to start getting healthy for myself and my family. I have been recently diagnosed with high cholesterol, high blood pressure and a heart condition at 38. So with that said it is time for me to take control of my health and get off some medications so I can live a long life to see my daughter grow up! Here goes nothing!
  • DuckDuckDisco
    DuckDuckDisco Posts: 1 Member
    Hey there! As is probably obvious, I'm new here. I honestly don't know where to focus my post, so I'm just gonna do what I think is some basic intro stuff.

You can call me Ash or Ducky. I live in California, and I'm currently working with an after school program. Because of the pandemic, I've been teaching virtually, which means I'm even more sedentary than I was before.

My goals are losing weight (from 183 down to 145) and increasing my physical activity.

For food, I've increased my water intake and been practicing intermittent fasting. For activity, I'm currently trying out Let's Dance, since I'm not very interested in other forms of exercise right now. I've also focused on my evening routine, since sleep is important to physical and mental health.

How can I improve my food habits when I'm not the one in charge of groceries? I live with my family, and my income goes almost completely to tuition and other things that are more urgent. Would it be better to just keep track of food I eat?
  • wabisabigio
    wabisabigio Posts: 15 Member
    Hello! New here and just starting to take this seriously. I want to lose some weight and get stronger, I'm coming out of a hard time and need to stop binge eating.
  • a01_amber
    a01_amber Posts: 8 Member
    I can’t wait for this journey!!
  • Zakkery86
    Zakkery86 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi team, I’m on day 3 of MFP. Weight went up 10kgs during lockdown so want to get it under control again! My weight has always yo-yo’d so looking to stay healthier for longer! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.