Anyone just do Walking for Exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Walking with some 40 second sprints mixed in where I try to run as fast as I can to boost my calorie expenditure! I’ve been doing that for close to three months and throwing in ab exercises to tone up that 47 year old mommy mid section. I have come to LOVE my walk time so much. Music pumping in my ears, dirt under my feet and miles of spontaneous road ahead of me....sometimes I get so caught up in my pace I’m amazed at how far I’ve traveled from home!! Sometimes my feet ache and toenails have taken a beating for sure but nothing compares to that hour of complete aloneness!
  • janemartin88
    janemartin88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've signed up to a walking challenge for August. You choose from anywhere between 25km and 200km for the month depending on your fitness level, time available etc. You track your distances and submit them to the admin and if you achieve your goal get a t-shirt as a reward. It’s a UK thing called ‘This Girl Walks’ which is a spin-off from ‘This Girl Runs’ which started to get women doing C25K as a group.
    I’m finding it really inspirational an set myself a target of 150km for August which works out at just under 5km per day. I started on Saturday and have really enjoyed creating routes around my local area. By day 4 (yesterday) I had clocked up 25.95km so I am almost a day ahead. There is a Facebook closed support group where people post progress and pictures which is really supportive.🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️🚶🏼‍♀️❤️❤️❤️👟👟👟
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had surgery about two months ago and walking was all I could do in recovery. I went from high/mid impact workouts 5 days a week to just walking 4 miles a day and I loved it. I noticed that with just the walking I felt great and had plenty of energy to spare and it was easier to watch my calories because I wasn't super hungry all the time. I maintained my weight perfectly.
  • djaxon1
    djaxon1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I "just" do walking as my main exercise , poorly leg ,don't run.
    18% incline treadmill
    3.5 - 4mph
    10kg weighted vest
    Upto 45 minutes , at 3.5+mph
    500 cals in 35 mins. ???
    I am a wreck at end !
    As stated above ,no need to say "just" walking because all of it's good.
    We are designed to walk - we can walk all day (sort of) , we cannot run all day