Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• kmcgehee
    kmcgehee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to participate. I'm new to the challenge thing, so I'm excited to try it out.
    SW: 340
    GW: 300
    NSV: Exercise at least 5x/week, drink more water, begin C25K
  • dbennett1
    dbennett1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge, looks fun and I need motivation.
    CW:154 (9/7/11)
    GW:139(11/22/11)
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am new to this challenge and am really excited for what these next few months will bring on mfp, but also for life.

I love this idea!!!!

CW: 193.5
    GW: 175

I am pretty sure that I would love to be able to buy a size 14 or 12 outfit for my neice's 1st birthday party, that is the biggest NSV for me. I would also like to be able to Do jillian Michaels 30DS all levels without stopping for that 5 sec break that is needed now. I would like to consistently work out outside at least once a week.
    I look forward to getting to know all of you.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Aww Olivia, it's been a pleasure to be here with you for the past few months :) I forgot to say I would take a week for this challenge but it looks like it's full already, if someone can't do one for whatever reason, I can be backup. Let's rock this! I remember the last holidays looking at pics, that sealed the deal that something needed to be done and now. Never thought I'd get this far since I had never actually counted calories before but it has become so much more than that. It has been an eye opening experience, everything I thought I knew about food and exercise was wrong, glad to be here!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this Challenge. I have never done this before. I started MFP on June 21st and have lost 18.8 lbs so far.

SW - 208 lbs.
    CW H4H Challenge - 189.2 lbs.
    GW H4H Challenge - 175 lbs.
    GW - 137 lbs.

NSV - Drink more water and exercise more. Get into a size 14 pants.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everybody!

So happy to see so many new faces :bigsmile:

Ok, so to do a recap on me from the last couple weeks (for those of you that don't know me...YET)
    I've been floundering...in a big way. Floundering like, no exercise for two weeks in a row, not really logging, just feeling a general 'meh' (from stress & anxiety)

SO, TODAY....NO MORE OF THAT BULL S...I mean BULL PUCKEY! :laugh:
    I reset my calorie goals, my exercise goals and even reset my ticker to reflect my 'true' weight of this morning's weigh in...not the 7 lbs less weigh in I was two weeks ago :grumble:

I have promised myself to take it one week at a time, then evaluate and adjust, if needed. I've also made it mandatory for me to post every day...I am much more successful when I don't disappear from all of you! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

10 glasses...check!
    30 mins of exercise...check!
    (Thanks Ailene, I so needed the back to basics)

@ Helen...thanks SO MUCH for doing the spreadsheet again! You seriously rock that thing out!!
    I realize I forgot my NSV goal for this challenge: I would like to be consistently working out 4 days a week. And I would like to fit into those 14's I have hanging in my closet :smile:

OH...one more thing...I'm doing less of this, also
    >:smokin: (not quite completely, but WAY LESS-baby steps)

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!
    Leslie
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Aww Olivia, it's been a pleasure to be here with you for the past few months :) I forgot to say I would take a week for this challenge but it looks like it's full already, if someone can't do one for whatever reason, I can be backup. Let's rock this! I remember the last holidays looking at pics, that sealed the deal that something needed to be done and now. Never thought I'd get this far since I had never actually counted calories before but it has become so much more than that. It has been an eye opening experience, everything I thought I knew about food and exercise was wrong, glad to be here!

ask and you shall receive - take my 1st week of posting, so that's next week. Ailene got us started off with back to basics, I'm sure you'll think of something great to push us in week 2. Thanks Jess!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Oh and I met today's goals!
    10 glasses of water: 1/7
    exercise 30 mins: 1/7

Feels good to be back on track! (I'm with ya Leslie, no more slackin'! :wink: )
  • AZAR1222
    Options
    i.ve been dieting and losing the same 2-5lbs over the last eight mths. would love to see some steady progress.
    cw 172
    gw 155
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I met my goals today !
    Water 10 glasses 1/7
    Exeercise 30 minutes 1/7
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My starting weight for this challenge-183. I haven't come up with my NSV's yet ( had some added stressors tonight, and didn't need anymore on that plate either :grumble: ) I will think about them a bit more and post soon I'm going to make my goal weight for the challenge 170. It my be a push, but I can certainly do my best :happy: Good luck to all of us, and welcome to all the newcomers!:drinker:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    yay Leslie!! I'm with you! I had to get back to the basics too.. i was WAY off track for a few weeks there..

10 glasses of water.. CHECK

30 minutes of exercise.. CHECK

I had a REALLY bad day at work and I thought it was going to affect my whole day.. but here it is 9:30 at night... crappy food but exercise and still at goal under my belt.. I feel good right now. Maybe I CAN do this (again..lol).

I wonder if I have a picture of me at last Christmas.. I'll have to dig one up for some extra motivation...
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    Options
    Hi everyone old and new !
    CW. 254
    GW 243

Not as much as for the last challenge but i think that considering that i went backwards this will help me get going again.

nsvs that i want to reach
    Log food and exercise everyday
  • squeeky96
    squeeky96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to all this but would love to participate - i have been off track for too long!
    Starting weight 378
    Goal for Challange 350
    I am a little confused on how this works- do we just report every week? Or share daily on what we have accomplished?
    I think the support is just what i need Thanks!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. I am doing a Weight Loss Challenge in real life that runs for the same weeks so this will be a good reminder.
    CW 204.5
    GW 194

Thanks for starting this!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am new to all this but would love to participate - i have been off track for too long!
    Starting weight 378
    Goal for Challange 350
    I am a little confused on how this works- do we just report every week? Or share daily on what we have accomplished?
    I think the support is just what i need Thanks!

Post however often you need and about whatever you want! This group is very supportive. Oh, plus do the weekly reports of course :smile:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    so check on water and exercise done yesterday. I'm on a "staycation" this week so I won't have a problem fitting in my exercise, but I'm already struggling to keep my food on track. I barely managed to stay in my calories yesterday, I had to just force myself not to go for a late night snack and I ate way too many carbs.

I think today I'm going to walk to rec center by my house and check out their programs and memberships. I haven't used a gym in about 6 months and I think I could do with a class or something more structured. Nice thing with the rec center is you don't have to join just to take a class so I'm hoping it will be within my budget to sign up for something.

Looks like we've got a big group this go round with the challenge! Hope everyone is off to a great start!
  • jenniferjgayfield
    Options
    Got water and exercise in yesterday...Church tonight makes exercise difficult, but I'll do my best to get 30 minutes in, will try to get some done during lunch today.
    NSV's for H4H: Toned abs, arms, thighs; get to a 28" waist; run 5 miles straight
    Yesterday had to take little one to get his shots, and it was horrible, although fortunately he hardly cried...hate those things...today is a better day, already got 4 cups of water in!
    Have a great Wednesday all!
    Jenni
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Reading all of the support those of you who were in this group before makes me feel great to be in this group!

Met the water goal yesterday but didn't exercise.

As for today...
    30 minutes of exercise -- CHECK
    10 Glasses of Water -- 2 / 10
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Didn't get my exercise or water in yesterday. I hope to be able to today. How can anyone drink 10 glasses of water in one day? I have a hard time getting 8 in. Are these 8 oz glasses?