What's for dinner? (I may or may not steal your recipes lol)

Chicken, rice and asparagus for us. I just got off work and tired so the Instant Pot will alleviate me. I gotta focus on my workout.

What are y'all cooking? <~~~ Yes, I am Texas lol

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,928 Member
    Crock pot carnitas on a low carb tortilla
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Last night I had homemade bacon cheeseburger with an eggplant calabrese spread. It was such a calorie bomb. I should've inputted the calories before adding on the cheese and bacon.

Tonight will be bibimbap.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Last night I had store bought pasta: 5-cheese tortellini. Boils in about 4 minutes, tossed with a little olive oil. Wish I had used a tad bit more oil for the amount of pasta.

Tonight is something with chicken breast. It is so hot, that I do not want to bake anything. So probably season with salt/pepper/blackened seasoning and cook in a skillet with a touch of olive oil. Then make a Caesar style salad, or maybe have over greens w/ blue cheese crumbles.

Sunday: boiling shrimp in an Old Bay type seasoning w/ corn and quartered baby red potatoes.
  • yvonnemhansen
    yvonnemhansen Posts: 8 Member
    tonight is spaghetti night for the girls but I might do Zucchini noodles for myself because I just found 2 fresh ones in my garden :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Rice, lamb chops with mint jelly, mixed vegetables.
  • deeshiloh
    deeshiloh Posts: 24 Member
    Stupidly lazy pasta with lentil "bolognese" - angel hair pasta, a jar of premade marinara sauce, a can of lentils, and some herbs and spices to taste to improve the sauce. If you eat meat or cheese you could add/sub that in but I find this way is pretty decent in terms of satiation and volume per calorie.
  • Breakfast was a quichecake: half quiche, half savory cheesecake. This one had bacon and caramelized onions and mushrooms in it. High protein, tasty, and lasts the week for breakfasts. Lunch was pulled pork on buns with barbecue sauce and chips. Dinner will be pasta with meat sauce, pan-seared zucchini chunks (Boyfriend has his sauce on the zucchini instead of pasta) and garlic toast.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Yellow squash from my garden, probably on the grill. I'm getting so sick of yellow squash, but more ripen every day. I'll make a sweet potato and salad to go with it.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    It was nothing fancy for us - we made some marinated fish, with a side of broccoli tots. It was soo good.
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Smores.... And a protein shake
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Smores.... And a protein shake

You had me at s'mores lol :p
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Chicken pho
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    turkey tacos with avocado

• Friday is leftover cleanup or, if there are no leftovers, chicken fingers and chips. Cause sometimes we're six years old. (grin)

Dinner Friday night is beef tacos. Except for Girlfriend who doesn't like hard-shell tacos and gets a burrito instead. (shrug) When you have the mise en place laid out, it's as easy to do one as the other.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Easy peasy chicken casserole
    - One hot chook from woollies deboned and chopped up
    - diced bacon and onion
    - lite sour cream
    - a can of condensed cream of chicken soup
    - 2 handfuls of crushed jatz biscuits.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I have a pork cordon bleu for some reason that I'll eat with biksemad (basically panroast potato leftovers with random veggie leftovers). No egg for me as I can't eat egg.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Roasted Chicken breast with potatoes and carrots and green beans on the side.
  • Pittgirl3
    Pittgirl3 Posts: 69 Member
    Breakfast was a quichecake: half quiche, half savory cheesecake. This one had bacon and caramelized onions and mushrooms in it. High protein, tasty, and lasts the week for breakfasts. Lunch was pulled pork on buns with barbecue sauce and chips. Dinner will be pasta with meat sauce, pan-seared zucchini chunks (Boyfriend has his sauce on the zucchini instead of pasta) and garlic toast.

Quichecake?! That sounds incredibly interesting. Can you message me a recipe?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,928 Member
    I am having garlic marinade pork chops with green beans with lemon butter and chopped almonds ...daughter will be having noodles with her dinner