Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Self Abuse at it's finest

I ate lunch and dinner within 6 hr span

My blood sugar is 381 even after taking shot right before dinner

My body is heating up and joints are bothering me

I ask everyone to scan through my diary and tell brutal truth

Is what I'm.doing considered gluttony?

Why do you think I keep abusing my body and raising.blood sugar up with these unhealthy large amount of meals ?

Replies

• jennechase
    jennechase Posts: 1 Member
    I struggle with self sabotage at times too. I find it's when I'm least prepared and when I haven't reminded myself of the "why lose this weight." Don't beat yourself up too hard, tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to do a little bit better than the day before.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    You consumed way too much fat today.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Are you trying to lose weight? Why are you eating 3300-4000 a day? Is that a deficit for you?
  • darreneatschicken
    yirara wrote: »
    You consumed way too much fat today.

How is that too much? Some people do keto and eat a lot more than that.

It doesn't look like he's doing keto...
  • darreneatschicken
    Well, his calories are quite high for someone who is trying to lose weight. I think we can all agree on that
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    You will likely benefit from some counselling to get to the root of why you eat what you eat and the number of calories.

My suggestions:
    1) you’ve decided to change your lifestyle to get to a healthier you. You need to remind yourself of this decision and know that doing so is a form of self respect.
    2) I have a sign in my ‘snack cupboard’ that reads ... STOP!!! Are those calories worth it? You might want to create something like to visually remind yourself of you decision to be a healthier you.
    3) do more research on what a healthy diet looks like. Personally, I like Canada’s new national food guide. https://food-guide.canada.ca/en/
    4) weigh and track everything you eat. I mean every lick, sip and bite.
    5) track your weight and measurements. At least weekly.
    6) review the intake and results and reevaluate and adjust.

You can do it!
  • deeshiloh
    deeshiloh Posts: 24 Member
    From your diary, you seem to like to eat large meals. This can cause issues with digestion for some people (not everyone; I have heard from some people who do well eating one large meal a day) - it also seems that you trend towards pre-prepared food.

I think that it may be helpful to focus on starting to transition some of your food towards homemade, or some of your side-dishes towards more nutrient-dense rather than calorie-dense. Think of it like exploring new kinds of food and focus on the nutrient dense foods that you're adding more than the calorie-dense foods that you're subtracting.

And perhaps for some of the sides (chips, hash browns, etc), try maybe halfing the portion size and substituting it with a vegetable that you enjoy.

And make a written note any time a meal you eat makes you feel bad, so that the next time you want to eat that meal, you can look at your notes and go "oh, the last time I ate this, I felt gross three hours later" and can try adjusting something so that the food you eat helps you feel good rather than making you feel bad.

Talking to a professional counsellor/therapist may also be something you find helpful; as far as I'm aware it's a requirement for a lot of people getting weight-loss surgery and I think it would benefit a lot of people attempting nonsurgical weight loss as well.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,217 Member
    I'm not understanding the issue about the 6 hours: I frequently do that, have lunch at,say, 1:30 pm and then dinner at 7.
    Meal timing is really only personal preference.

If you like large meals but the calories are too much, you could look at the volume eaters thread - which, as I understand it (not having actually read it, I admit) is about getting more volume of foods for lower calories.

BSL of 381 doesnt make sense to me - am not saying it is wrong, it just must be a different number system to Australia so I am not sure what that means in our terms.

If your BSLs are consistently too high, you need to review your meds with your doctor. ( that's me being captain obvious now :* ) Also if your joints are 'heating up' - could be gout or some sort of inflamatory process.

at any rate, everyone has a bad day - chart above is good advice - let it go and move on.

Dont beat yourself up about it -but do think about what you could change to try to avoid a repeat.