PLEASE, I'm so upset and I have tried everything and I can't seem to lose weight

Options
124»

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Definitely weigh!

v3g24fjeqpw1.jpeg
    pw3j1i1guu96.jpeg
    acnfpap61c8f.jpeg
    u4pn6p5gtat0.jpeg

Wow, omg this whole time I'm thinking the labels are accurate.

the labels are accurate. the thing is, every slice of bread is a different weight - often the ends are thinner than the middle slices, and since the middle slices are bigger, they weigh more. same with a lot of foods. so one serving size is whatever weight the package lists, not a slice, piece or cup.

same with potato chips, which are often very different sizes. some bags will say "11 pieces" is a serving, but they also go with the weight. 11 big chips could weigh literally double what 11 medium chips weigh, so unless you only eat pringles, the only way to know how many calories you're eating is to weigh the chips.
    I am definitely an emotional eater and I can't seem to stop, I also crave sugar all the time even more when I get emotional

me, too - the more stressed, the more i eat. have you tried to snack on stuff like this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083ZRR13Z/
    i love 'em - and only 5 calories per snack. i just had two of them :)

or instead of eating full fat ice cream, try light ice cream. or light greek yogurt - the one that tastes yummiest to me is danon light & fit cherry, although the peach and some of the others are very good. or how about jello sugar free, fat free instant pudding? 20 calories per 7 grams of powder that you can mix in with water, skim milk, or i just mixed protein powder and water and adding the pudding mix. huge success!

there's a 37 brownie recipe in the food section here on the board. i've made it several times, and it's good.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    @Oilers846507
    Hi Hannah,

I'm replying because I have exactly the same amount as you to lose, not because I am perfect and know all the answers. But reading your post a couple of things jumped out.

If you work out at home, you are far less likely to push yourself beyond your comfort zone. If you get a trainer or join a bootcamp or some circuits classes, you might find you should be exercising way beyond your current levels. It should feel hard - almost too hard - at some point in every session. If you're not cursing inside, it's not pushing you enough to burn the fat.

I also agree with everyone here: Measure your food! A portion of muesli looks like a sprinkle topping. A bowlful of muesli is about 5-8 portions! Peanut butter is incredibly high in calories. A teaspoonful of it scraped over wholewheat toast is very different from a generous smear of it. As in, about 300 calories difference. Your description of your food intake doesn't describe many veg. Why not try basing each meal around three unprocessed veg or low-sugar fruits (berries, melon).

Are you drinking loads of water? Water retention can keep you carrying an excess of 5lbs or more.

I should include more veggies. My workouts can't be to intense because I also have really low iron and can't take supplements for it.
    I am starting to drink more water mainly because of Spironolactone

While your workouts do not need to be more intense, anemia is a serious medical condition that deserves more than a casual mention.

Just how low is your iron? I ended up in the ER last month when my anemia got out of control due to unending menstrual bleeding.

Why can't you take iron supplements? My GP wanted me to switch to ferrous gluconate, because she is more familiar with it, and I ended up in Urgent Care with unbelievable stomach pain. So now I am back to iron bisglycinate which does not aggravate my stomach and is not constipating.

https://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-Iron-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B00013Z0QA

If you can't take ANY form of iron supplement (and there are many forms from which to chose,) then there are iron infusions.

However, the diet you mentioned in your OP doesn't seem to be geared to getting iron from food. What % of the RDA are you getting daily? I have to really focus in order to get 100% from food. I get another 280% from my supplements.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Are you weighing and measuring your food? That’s the first place to start.

If you are, are you checking the entries in MFP to verify they are correct??

CICO is all it is. If you eat in a deficit you will lose weight. For me, exercising is required to be in a deficit, but I could skip exercise and just eat less if I absolutely had to.

No I am not measuring my food, I just try to estimate. For the most part I log it in a journal and usually, snack bars for instance have the calories on the back. Do you think measuring will make a difference?

If you are estimating you are likely eating much more than you realize.