Options

Replies

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I’m in my 50’s
    OSW-187 Sept. 2018
    Goal this round: Report daily

8/8-160-I am back for good! It 10 lbs later and I finally am getting my life back in order. We’ve had nonstop company; I love to cook; DH says I’m running a B&B. My uncle was just here for 3 days to install the garage cabinets we made together.
    8/9-160-Zoom church and then a walk this morning.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    Female 59, 5'3" - S.E. BC Canada
    MFP start October 28.18 – 191
    GW 115
    Previous rounds:
    Round 95 - Nov 09 - 18.19 EW 158.4
    Round 96 - Nov 19 - 28.19 EW 158.4
    Round 97 - Nov 29 - Dec 08.19 EW 157.5
    Round 98 - Dec 09 - Dec 18.19 EW 159.0
    Round 99 - Dec 19 - Dec 28.19 EW 161.8
    Round 100 – Dec 29.19 – Jan 07.20 EW 159.8
    Round 101 - Jan 08 - Jan 17 EW 159.7
    Round 102 - Jan 18 - 27.20 - EW 160.1
    Round 103 - Jan 28 - Feb 06.20 - EW 158.1
    Round 104 - Feb 07 - Feb 16 - EW 158.2 - AVG 157.7
    Round 105 - Feb 17-26 - EW 154.7
    Round 106 – Feb 27- March 07 - EW 155.2
    Round 107 – March 08 – March 17 – EW 156.7
    Round 108 - March 18 - March 27 - EW 155.7
    Round 109 - March 28 - April 06 - EW 155.4
    Round 110 - April 07 - April 16 – 154.9
    Round 111- April 17 - April 26 - 155.3
    Round 112 - April 26 - May 06 - EW - 154.1
    Round 113 - May 07 - May 16 – 154.8
    Round 114 – May 17 – May 26 – 153.1
    Round 115 – May 27 – June 05 – 151.3
    Round 116 - June 06 - June 15 – 150.9
    Round 117 June 16 – June 25 – 150.7
    Round 118 - June 26 - July 05 – 149.1
    Round 119 – July 06 – July 15 - 148.4
    Round 120 - July 16 - July 25 – 147.7
    Round 121 – July 26 – Aug 04 – 146.4
    Round 122 – Aug 05 - 14 - EW TBD

08/05 - 145.8 - I think that this is my 28th round, so it will be 280 days. 12 pounds lost in 27 rounds. Mostly a downward trend with around 5 rounds where it went up. Loving the accountability and the posts here.
    08/06 - 145.8 - Extra workouts yesterday, but extra food and cocktails too. Glad to not have gained.
    08/07 - 147.1 - Not sure why my weight jumped, taking it in stride and hoping to see it go back down tomorrow.
    08/08 - 145.8 - Yesterday's weird fluctuation gone. I plan to work out more over the weekend and prep healthy food for the week to come.
    08/09 - 146.4 - Had a few cocktails which always derails my weight loss. Back on the horse.
    08/10
    08/11
    08/12
    08/13
    08/14
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,295 Member
    Options
    kblanc14 wrote: »
    29 yo female
    5’2” Small frame according to my wrist circumference
    SW 126.2 (April 14th, 2020)
    Highest lifetime weight: 138 lbs. August 2011
    Goal Weight: 110
    Previous rounds: 125.2 -> 122.8 -> 121.6 -> 121.2 -> 119.8-> 119.4 -> 117.8 ->116.6 -> 117.2 ->117.2->114.8
    Goal weight for this round: Somewhere in the lower 114 or 113 range

About me:
    I love learning about food and everything about it; from the way it acts in the body to learning to cook a new recipe. I went to school for nutrition (got my bachelor's) but I didn’t become an RD because it didn’t feel like the path for me. I guess I wanted to keep it as more of an interest instead of a career. I then went into public health to further my education and I currently help medically complex patients by connecting them with community resources to improve their health and life. I enjoy helping family and friends when they ask for advice related to food and nutrition. Plus, it helps me brush up on what I spent so much time learning!

I’m here because when I’m not paying attention to what I eat, I start to gain and feel uncomfortable in my body. For me that results in frustration and a lot of other emotions. It has also increased my cholesterol in the past (It’s good now as far as I know thanks to diet and exercise). I have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, and all that fun stuff. So, I want to prevent that for myself by getting a hold of my food habits now.

I’m always open to conversation about food and nutrition, so feel free to reach out to me!
    Previous days’ entries

08/05 114.8 Sweet 😊. I went for a really nice but sleep deprived walk this morning around 6 to destress, after waking up at 1:30 this morning to find out my mother in law was heading to the ER (heard abnormal footsteps upstairs and checked on in laws to make sure everything was okay.). She’s stable but weak. Hoping they can get some TPN going to get some nutrition in her.
    On the bright side, it is was a nice afternoon yesterday and I realized how much I’m used the sweetness of fruit versus candy. After having my soft serve ice cream with Reese’s peanut butter cups and cookie dough mixed in, I was only able to get through about 2/3 of the cup before it became sickeningly sweet. I feel like I could live without ice cream for a while after having that yesterday.
    Baking some chicken legs drizzled with a basil chimichurri tonight for dinner with some CSA veggies on the side. Looking forward to it!
    Have a good day everyone!

08/06 115.0 Had a much better night sleep last night. Went for another great walk this moring and snuck a couple miles of running mixed in. The running made me realize how much my body detests me running on pavement though. I think I’ll stick to the grass for running.
    Last night’s roasted chicken legs came out yummy! The side salad of zucchini ribbons with tomatoes on top was pretty tasty mixed with the basil chimichurri sauce. My husband doesn’t really like summer squashes but when I make them into ribbons, they are tolerable for him. So that worked out well.
    For dinner tonight I think I’ll be making a burger of some sort 😊. Looking forward to it with roasted or grilled eggplant as a side!
    Creeping into another phase of my cycle, so I have a feeling my weight will just be stable or blip up over the next 5ish days. I highly recommend people track their weight with their cycle, it’s been fascinating for me to be able to compare from each month when I blip up and then coast back down. I’m realizing so much more now about how my body reacts to the phases and even certain foods I eat during each phase (sodium mostly).

08/07 114.6 Sleepy this morning and feeling a bit fatigued from my approaching next phase. We did a slower modified soccer workout this morning because we were both feeling the events of the week as well.
    Plan on eating at maintenance today because I feel like I just need the extra calories at the moment.
    Dinner was good last night. I made burgers on the grill with our csa ground beef which is super lean. I had a bunless one because we only had one roll left and I offered it to my husband. We each had a slice of pepperjack cheese on the burgers. He had fries on the side. I grilled eggplant (he doesn’t care for eggplant) for me and had a small portion of fries. It was a solid dinner because I made the burgers about 8oz.
    For dinner tonight I want to make a peanut sauce and mix it with ground white turkey meat and put it on top of brown rice and shredded zucchini. Then I’ll make a cucumber salad with rice wine vinegar and a touch of the peanut sauce mixed in with it.
    I know this is a long-winded post, but I’m also excited that the clothes shopping I bought online arrived, and they all fit/look nice! I also dropped a dress size in my jeans! Have a good day! 😊
    08/08 115.6 Did not post today.
    08/09 118.2 Oh hey salt, hormones, and water weight. Had salty chicken pot pie for lunch yesterday and then had a spur of the moment French fries and chicken fingers for dinner. Today, I feel the puff in my face and have the desire to drink lots of water and just eat fruit, veggies, and protein today. I have some CSA veggies to eat before tomorrow, so it’ll work out perfectly.

Yesterday was fun because we started our day with a nice walk through the woods, then I made a new batch of granola and granola bars for us when we go hiking/camping Tuesday to Thursday this week. The granola bars are a concoction of peanut butter, chocolate chips, honey, inulin, plain egg white protein powder, vanilla extract, rolled oats, puffed millet, puffed buckwheat, and a touch of salt. I didn’t follow a recipe and just went for it. They didn’t set up as much as I hoped, so I think I’m going to cook them further today at a low temp to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, they’ll just be a touch gooey but delicious.

Today I think we are going to explore a couple of trails my husband was reading about last night. Then, I’ll be packing for our adventure and going through some of my baggier clothes to donate. Plus, it’ll give me the incentive to not gain the weight back if I don’t have those clothes anymore.

Try freezing the bars! I make chickpea blondies which are very gooey, but after freezing they are just the right consistency !!!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,295 Member
    Options
    @katmix welcome, I'm sure you'll find this group very supportive and informative.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    kblanc14 wrote: »
    29 yo female
    5’2” Small frame according to my wrist circumference
    SW 126.2 (April 14th, 2020)
    Highest lifetime weight: 138 lbs. August 2011
    Goal Weight: 110
    Previous rounds: 125.2 -> 122.8 -> 121.6 -> 121.2 -> 119.8-> 119.4 -> 117.8 ->116.6 -> 117.2 ->117.2->114.8
    Goal weight for this round: Somewhere in the lower 114 or 113 range

About me:
    I love learning about food and everything about it; from the way it acts in the body to learning to cook a new recipe. I went to school for nutrition (got my bachelor's) but I didn’t become an RD because it didn’t feel like the path for me. I guess I wanted to keep it as more of an interest instead of a career. I then went into public health to further my education and I currently help medically complex patients by connecting them with community resources to improve their health and life. I enjoy helping family and friends when they ask for advice related to food and nutrition. Plus, it helps me brush up on what I spent so much time learning!

I’m here because when I’m not paying attention to what I eat, I start to gain and feel uncomfortable in my body. For me that results in frustration and a lot of other emotions. It has also increased my cholesterol in the past (It’s good now as far as I know thanks to diet and exercise). I have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, and all that fun stuff. So, I want to prevent that for myself by getting a hold of my food habits now.

I’m always open to conversation about food and nutrition, so feel free to reach out to me!
    Previous days’ entries

08/05 114.8 Sweet 😊. I went for a really nice but sleep deprived walk this morning around 6 to destress, after waking up at 1:30 this morning to find out my mother in law was heading to the ER (heard abnormal footsteps upstairs and checked on in laws to make sure everything was okay.). She’s stable but weak. Hoping they can get some TPN going to get some nutrition in her.
    On the bright side, it is was a nice afternoon yesterday and I realized how much I’m used the sweetness of fruit versus candy. After having my soft serve ice cream with Reese’s peanut butter cups and cookie dough mixed in, I was only able to get through about 2/3 of the cup before it became sickeningly sweet. I feel like I could live without ice cream for a while after having that yesterday.
    Baking some chicken legs drizzled with a basil chimichurri tonight for dinner with some CSA veggies on the side. Looking forward to it!
    Have a good day everyone!

08/06 115.0 Had a much better night sleep last night. Went for another great walk this moring and snuck a couple miles of running mixed in. The running made me realize how much my body detests me running on pavement though. I think I’ll stick to the grass for running.
    Last night’s roasted chicken legs came out yummy! The side salad of zucchini ribbons with tomatoes on top was pretty tasty mixed with the basil chimichurri sauce. My husband doesn’t really like summer squashes but when I make them into ribbons, they are tolerable for him. So that worked out well.
    For dinner tonight I think I’ll be making a burger of some sort 😊. Looking forward to it with roasted or grilled eggplant as a side!
    Creeping into another phase of my cycle, so I have a feeling my weight will just be stable or blip up over the next 5ish days. I highly recommend people track their weight with their cycle, it’s been fascinating for me to be able to compare from each month when I blip up and then coast back down. I’m realizing so much more now about how my body reacts to the phases and even certain foods I eat during each phase (sodium mostly).

08/07 114.6 Sleepy this morning and feeling a bit fatigued from my approaching next phase. We did a slower modified soccer workout this morning because we were both feeling the events of the week as well.
    Plan on eating at maintenance today because I feel like I just need the extra calories at the moment.
    Dinner was good last night. I made burgers on the grill with our csa ground beef which is super lean. I had a bunless one because we only had one roll left and I offered it to my husband. We each had a slice of pepperjack cheese on the burgers. He had fries on the side. I grilled eggplant (he doesn’t care for eggplant) for me and had a small portion of fries. It was a solid dinner because I made the burgers about 8oz.
    For dinner tonight I want to make a peanut sauce and mix it with ground white turkey meat and put it on top of brown rice and shredded zucchini. Then I’ll make a cucumber salad with rice wine vinegar and a touch of the peanut sauce mixed in with it.
    I know this is a long-winded post, but I’m also excited that the clothes shopping I bought online arrived, and they all fit/look nice! I also dropped a dress size in my jeans! Have a good day! 😊
    08/08 115.6 Did not post today.
    08/09 118.2 Oh hey salt, hormones, and water weight. Had salty chicken pot pie for lunch yesterday and then had a spur of the moment French fries and chicken fingers for dinner. Today, I feel the puff in my face and have the desire to drink lots of water and just eat fruit, veggies, and protein today. I have some CSA veggies to eat before tomorrow, so it’ll work out perfectly.

Yesterday was fun because we started our day with a nice walk through the woods, then I made a new batch of granola and granola bars for us when we go hiking/camping Tuesday to Thursday this week. The granola bars are a concoction of peanut butter, chocolate chips, honey, inulin, plain egg white protein powder, vanilla extract, rolled oats, puffed millet, puffed buckwheat, and a touch of salt. I didn’t follow a recipe and just went for it. They didn’t set up as much as I hoped, so I think I’m going to cook them further today at a low temp to see if that helps. If it doesn’t, they’ll just be a touch gooey but delicious.

Today I think we are going to explore a couple of trails my husband was reading about last night. Then, I’ll be packing for our adventure and going through some of my baggier clothes to donate. Plus, it’ll give me the incentive to not gain the weight back if I don’t have those clothes anymore.

Try freezing the bars! I make chickpea blondies which are very gooey, but after freezing they are just the right consistency !!!

I definitely would have taken your advice if I knew I wasn’t going to take them overnight camping. I ended up popping them in the oven for about 15ish minutes and it allowed them to set up better. I think the heat caused the egg white protein powder to get a touch cakey, so now it’s not gooey anymore :)
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    @musicsax Also, chickpea blondies sound wonderful! I love blondies! ( I tried to edit my first post response to you but the mobile app wouldn’t let me) I hope things are still looking up for you grandson too!