How are you keeping cool 😎

Options
TacoMcbush
TacoMcbush Posts: 6 Member
10am and already 25 degrees it’s definitely a big hat day at work.
How do you guys keep cool in this hot weather?jtoxgc9849vl.jpeg

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Hot temps maintenance protocols for me in Southern California:
    • When indoors: Air condition is set at 55 degrees Fahrenheit/12.8 degrees Celsius because our temps can easily be in the 80s by mid-morning and around sunset, depending on location.
    • When outdoors at the height of the sun: Sun protection ensembles and accessories are my preference.
    • At all times: Staying well-hydrated is paramount.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    • When indoors: Air condition is set at 55 degrees Fahrenheit/12.8 degrees Celsius because our temps can easily be in the 80s by mid-morning and around sunset, depending on location.
    • When outdoors at the height of the sun: Sun protection ensembles and accessories are my preference.

55??? Really? I'm in a hot area and if I set it below 70 I'm wearing sweats indoors its so chilly...and it could be 99 outside.

Just curious maybe I just run cold
  • k8eekins
    edited August 2020
    Options

55??? Really? I'm in a hot area and if I set it below 70 I'm wearing sweats indoors its so chilly...and it could be 99 outside.

To "stay young."

With the norms we women wear in Summer as our wears indoors, I do too, only with the add-on I've qualified as my loungewear accessory; A cashmere wrap. To be fair, I have a high tolerance for winter climes.
  • kevin_smoove
    kevin_smoove Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    55⁰, lol.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I almost-accidentally bought a house with a pool and it’s the best in the summer heat. I hate all the costs to maintain it but it feels worthwhile when I’m in it
  • k8eekins
    Options

Don't like heated pools either, when working through my night-time swimming drills at the height of winter.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Q: "How are you keeping cool?"

A: "I'm Not."
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    mainly my hypothalamus
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    LOL the 80's being hot.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    pretty much just try to stay inside all day and out of the sun.
    neck gaiter/mask combo that you can soak with cold water and wring out and then wear around your neck.
    cold showers
    room darkening curtains- these help tremendously.
    bag of ice on the back of your neck at home.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Sadly today, in an over air-conditioned office.
    It is too hot to want to be outside right now, except somedays in the evening after the sun has gone down, but I shouldn't have to wear a sweater inside.
  • balanc41
    balanc41 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Pretty much walk back and forth from the cooler at work, so I’m good
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    LOL the 80's being hot.

Right?

We just broke a record here for the most annual days with the high temperature of at least 110 F.

Today will be day number 35.

This is just August 10, so we have several more weeks in August, and September ain't no prize either.

80 F would be a wicked cold-snap.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

68 - 70 F (around 20 C) is a good setting. A setting of 55 F will not work. It's unlikely the unit can do it, and you'll just waste electricity.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

68 - 70 F (around 20 C) is a good setting. A setting of 55 F will not work. It's unlikely the unit can do it, and you'll just waste electricity.

Likely doesn't work for your unit. Are you still in the Caribbean to care about electricity usage? Recooling system plus insulation is ALWAYS questionable technology in the islands, no matter the bed of water ( Caribbean or Pacific). Thank G-d for American upgrades.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    a430niejh506.png
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Everything about cool, I learned from my dog. Dogs are the coolest. They prefer shaded areas and like swimming in the paddling pool. Protect your paws from scalding hot surfaces and don't go barefoot on the hot pavement. It burns their pads and yours. Protect yourself and them from heat stroke. Panting, glazed eyes, rapid pulse, lack of coordination and gasp...loss of consciousness. Put damp towels down for everyone to lie on. Cold water to drink and sprinklers. Dogs, dogs, dogs. <3
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

Likely doesn't work for your unit. Are you still in the Caribbean to care about electricity usage? Recooling system plus insulation is ALWAYS questionable technology in the islands, no matter the bed of water ( Caribbean or Pacific). Thank G-d for American upgrades.

I'm in America and my bill would be ridiculously high if I set thermostat at 55 degrees ... if i kept it at 70 itd be around $200. But I guess if you're willing to pay🤷‍♀️
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like to snuggle up with a nice set of cold boobs. You know like when you squeeze them they're like a bag of sand...?...
  • k8eekins
    edited August 2020
    Options

I'm in America and my bill would be ridiculously high if I set thermostat at 55 degrees ... if i kept it at 70 itd be around $200. But I guess if you're willing to pay🤷‍♀️

Aww I'm so sorry that you're having to closely watch your use of electricity. Am cutting in on behalf of my sister since she's been crazy-busy since 9 ish our am. In our parts of Southern California, most of our new builds have installed alternative green power technology, so it is common to be owed money by the power company. The water companies however, be they private or public are price-gougers. Friends who haven't turned to green technology do have high electricity bills for heating their pools and hot spas. They can pay from anything around $600 to $1000 plus monthly.