Novice Runner Challenge *100 Miles In September*

Options

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ran in the rain yesterday (love that!) and walked 2 miles on lunch today. The miles are adding up... but I need to increase my pace if I'm going to reach 100 by month's end!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the long weekend! Looking forward to running this week, the weather change is so awesome; went from 100 degrees last week to mid-70's this week. Here's hoping my running legs are as excited about it as I am. Best of luck getting in your miles!!!!!
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Short, quick little 4 miler today....hopefully the hot and humid days are over....how's everyone doing after the holiday weekend?
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's gotten into me to jump into something like that! LOL

100 miles is far from what I'm used to...

But I'm proud to say that I got 14 miles in so far. Yay!
  • akgary
    Options
    got 3 more today all:) hope everyone is doing well
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    5 more last night, totalling 10 this month.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    9/1-9/7: TH miles 11.62 Fri miles6.37 Sat Miles0 Sun miles0 Mon miles0 Tu miles1.85 Wed miles 7.23 Total 27.07
    9/8-9/14: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/15-9/21: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/22-9/28: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/29-9/30: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total

Monthly Total so far: 27.07 miles
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm sad I just saw this now! I will join, but I'm going to modify it to 75 miles for September! This is a great idea, thanks!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    So far: 9/1/11 -3.07 miles, 9/2/11-1.43 miles, 9/6/11-1.50 miles = 6

*sternly to self* Better step it up!:laugh:
  • 27strange
    Options
    Great job everyone! Keep up the running! I have 20 miles so far for September and looking to add 3 more this evening 9/7/11. Trying to be ambitious this first half of the month, my schedule is looking fuller later on and might find it more difficult to log the miles. If you're part of the challenge group and we aren't friends add me and we can encourage each other more!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    September Running Miles!!!
    9/1 – 3 Miles
    9/3 – 7 Miles
    9/5 – 5 Miles
    9/6 – 5 miles
    9/7 – 4 miles
    Total for September = 24 miles!

Trying to get my ticker to update... It is not working... Sadness all around.

Are we supposed to post here or in the "closed" group that was created... So far, it seems that everyone is posting here.
  • jlsmiles22
    Options
    Ran in the rain yesterday (love that!) and walked 2 miles on lunch today. The miles are adding up... but I need to increase my pace if I'm going to reach 100 by month's end!

I love to run in the rain as well, most people have thought I'm nuts lol. Usually it's not an option for me as I do most of my running with a small group of friends at the track in the evening, and I bring my kids along, they aren't so happy about the rain lol.

Trying to get my ticker updated so far I have 16 miles in. :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    12.58 so far, had to take a rest day, have 5 planned for tonight. Will get ticker going today.
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i'm up to 22.9 miles. for some reason i can't update my ticker. adding another 3.2 tonight, my dog loves long jogs
  • 27strange
    Options
    Got in 3 more this evening, up to 23 for the month! For some reason I can't update the tickerfactory ticker. Will try again tomorrow. Have a great night everyone and happy running!!!!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    9/1-9/7: TH miles 11.62 Fri miles6.37 Sat Miles0 Sun miles0 Mon miles0 Tu miles1.85 Wed miles 13.34 WeeklyTotal 33.18
    9/8-9/14: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/15-9/21: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/22-9/28: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total
    9/29-9/30: TH miles Fri miles Sat Miles Sun miles Mon miles Tu miles Wed miles Total

Monthly Total so far: 33.18miles
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Only just seen this - is it too late to join??

So far I'm up to:

19.83 miles for September :smile: Wow, didn't realise I'd done so many!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Do I get extra points for toe nail loss?? :laugh: :laugh: Lost second one today, ah the joys of running :laugh:

Didn't get mileage in last night so going big this afternoon, planned 5, hoping to get a little extra in.

Happy running all!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! There is a 5k or 10k October 1st so this will be even more motivation to get ready!

I'm doing a 5k on Oct. 1st, too!
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today was a short, slow paced 3 miler....