Tried carnivore?

Options
Has anybody tried the carnivore diet and what were your results?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    What's the carnivore diet? Meat/animal products only with nothing else? Sounds very.... unhealthy.

My understanding is that some of them will supplement the meat with things like butter, salt, or coffee (but I get the impression maybe the coffee isn't very approved), but yeah . . . it's pretty much all meat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,955 Member
    Options
    I have two online acquaintances who are on carnivore plans, not for weight management but for mental health reasons and they both think it is the *thing* they need...

Good luck if you do try it, let us know how it goes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,447 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a boring, limited, pointless diet that would still require you to count the calories in order to lose weight.

If I'm going to count calories I might as well just eat everything.

I kind of like the new “Take No Prisoners” @KrissDotCom I hope you are doing well!
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Paging @T1DCarnivoreRunner

He uses diet to manage his diabetes.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a boring, limited, pointless diet that would still require you to count the calories in order to lose weight.

If I'm going to count calories I might as well just eat everything.

I kind of like the new “Take No Prisoners” @KrissDotCom I hope you are doing well!

Lol. I dunno how new it is, I think I'm like the moon and have phases where I'm a bit more direct haha..

Call me a bluntwolf? Instead of a werewolf? Lol

Im doing good tho! Thank you. Hope you are as well
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Joe Rogan Reports Back After a Month on Carnivore Diet

Around 5 minutes in he starts talking about the "explosive diarrhea" he had for the first two weeks. He says that phrase is not strong enough to convey what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivMoNhjnhqw

This is the type of thing I've experienced when trying to eat plants again (which I did briefly a couple years ago). A lot of people don't realize that our gut biome takes time to adapt. Dietary changes are uncomfortable, in part, because our bodies haven't figured out how to optimize digestion with such big changes in materials. Try to put diesel in a car made for gasoline and you have problems. Unlike a car, we can adapt... but it takes time and will be uncomfortable in the interim.