I can't believe I got kicked off an app!

Options

Replies

• CowboyLife
    CowboyLife Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I definitely don't think I was a good fit (being sorta sociable wise).

Oh and that *kitten* chick also said I was a bully and that I've always said strange stuff and she didn't understand my pig latin. Not that I spoke pig latin. Just she...maybe didn't get my humor?

Example! :)

There was a thread about a woman coming home and finding a couple guys in the driveway...uh...going to the bathroom...and she was scared and (of course) suspicious. She took a pic of their car and them and everyone is "call the police" and "drive away" and I'm like, "It's not like they can hurt you. They have their hands full! Hopefully! :))

Thats funny
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Oh and that *kitten* chick also said I was a bully and that I've always said strange stuff and she didn't understand my pig latin. Not that I spoke pig latin. Just she...maybe didn't get my humor?

There was a thread about a woman coming home and finding a couple guys in the driveway...uh...going to the bathroom...and she was scared and (of course) suspicious. She took a pic of their car and them and everyone is "call the police" and "drive away" and I'm like, "It's not like they can hurt you. They have their hands full! Hopefully! :))

should've told her she a was dirty communist for good measure

chicks dig that.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

chicks dig that.

Hell yes we do
  • CowboyLife
    Options

I should have told her a lot of things but I restrained myself. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (ok, I think I'm almost done) she accused me of damning her and damned me right back when, in fact, I was swearing and addressing her because she was making me spell out something I didn't really want to put words to because it's so horrible to me (blm and ice stuff). Commas are your friend.

BTW, thank you ALL. I'm definitely feeling better about not being on there anymore :) I do sorta wanna go back on just to *kitten* with her tho. :)

Nooooooo.... lol, or, I could see how that could be fun... if only they didn’t know your name!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Hey, what you posted about the guys having their hands full was funny; someone just didn't have a sense of humor!!
    Did you write to the people running the place? Did they reply? Geez, some people just can't take a joke. :/
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what this was because I had never heard of it. Sounds like the HOA in disguise. No thank you.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Nextdoor is where Karens go to train for the real world.
    hrichts wrote: »
    Nextdoor is where Karens go to train for the real world.

So it’s like a trader joes?

Trader Joe's is for pro Karens.

:grimace: No wonder I don't use either. I ain't got enough patience to deal with that.
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I got banned from next door, too! Cheers! I chose the moniker Johnny Utah and some Karen just couldn’t take it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,610 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Hey, what you posted about the guys having their hands full was funny; someone just didn't have a sense of humor!!
    Did you write to the people running the place? Did they reply? Geez, some people just can't take a joke. :/

Thank you! :) And, yes, here's my strongly worded email: No response yet.

First, I'm pretty sure I know who reported me and you might want to check out how unhinged she was before kicking off a person who was trying to help her. Or is hurling abuse at people not against the TOS?

Second, I get the TOS about real names but, uh, identity theft is a real thing and using your real name on social media is downright stupid. And makes it easy to get people's info. Do you REALLY want that to happen to someone? Do you want to be liable for that?
  • glassyo
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    I got banned from next door, too! Cheers! I chose the moniker Johnny Utah and some Karen just couldn’t take it

Hah! Shyeah Right here. :) <---complete with scoff
  • CowboyLife
    Options
    steph6556 wrote: »
    Hey, you stole my name!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    All this sort of prompted me to go on there and see what kind of seditious *kitten* was taking place on my Next Door. So apparently only 7% of the people in my neighbourhood are signed up. It's not a happening place.
  • CowboyLife
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    All this sort of prompted me to go on there and see what kind of seditious *kitten* was taking place on my Next Door. So apparently only 7% of the people in my neighbourhood are signed up. It's not a happening place.

You definitely don’t want to be affiliated with the 7% group...
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Whats-in-a-Name-Shakespeare.jpg

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Your app is good for some things but safety of the users is not one of them.

Amen.

There are opportunists and con artists and scammers (and worse) in every neighbourhood, which means they're just as likely to be found on every Next Door too, using it to their advantage.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @glassyo You go!!! Good reply. Maybe they'll at least change their requirements about real name usage. You'd think in this day and age.....
  • RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Not this one. That Nextdoor one. Because I didn't use my real name and this unhinged...uh...woman reported me because...I don't even know why. But she called me vile and disgusting.

I'm pretty insulted, actually. I've never been banned from anywhere on the internet before!

I use my first and middle name because my last name is unheard of. If you look up my last name nationally there's only Thirty total entries and I'm three of them so I get why you wouldnt use your name. What did you say to where she would report you and call you such names?
  • glassyo
    Options
    Not this one. That Nextdoor one. Because I didn't use my real name and this unhinged...uh...woman reported me because...I don't even know why. But she called me vile and disgusting.

I'm pretty insulted, actually. I've never been banned from anywhere on the internet before!

I use my first and middle name because my last name is unheard of. If you look up my last name nationally there's only Thirty total entries and I'm three of them so I get why you wouldnt use your name. What did you say to where she would report you and call you such names?

That's not a lot of you! :) I usually surprised hearing someone with my last name altho I had a math teacher in jr high with the same last name. We weren't related tho.

LOL I actually assume it's her since she was pretty aggressive about me not wanting to comment on her thread. But I tried to ignore the name calling and actually didn't have much time to do anything anyway. Someone else said to ignore her and I was going to but then made some joke about *someone* needing to defend my honor and the next thing I knew, my account was disabled.

@ReenieHJ I mean, they MUST have had lawyers all over this before releasing it but still!

@ythannah Exactly. And you can still give fake names but they also ask for an address and when I tried to use my address again (just to test it) it wouldn't let me re-sign up. I should try a fake address but I wonder if they check ip addresses too.