Losing on 2100 calories!

Options

I thought i would write this post as I see a lot of people seem to start out on low calories and I don't feel it is necessary for everyone , I have tried 1500 calories in the past and would end up binging every week or so, if you have a substantial amount of weight to lose you can still eat a a substantial amount of food and lose!

I am a 25 yr old 5ft 8 female and was 212lbs 2 weeks ago I had put on 60lbs in a year on 2 medications despite eating healthily as usual, I havent eaten fast food or junk food in about 7 years..I must of still been eating in a surplus and my activity was not as high as it used to be. I used a macro calculator and got my TDEE and reduced that amount by 20% and got 2100, I have lost 4.5lbs in 2 weeks, I'm really happy with that rate of loss and I have room to further reduce my calories as I get lighter. I feel really good compared to when I've tried 1500 calories right off the bat and I am increasing my strength and fitness at the same time!
I do about 30 minutes of dancing a day, yoga everyday,rollerskating and walking and will start to add weight training soon!

Feel free to add me if you are on the same slow and sustainable fitness journey :D

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You should check out the Larger Losers group, great group with lots of focus on the slow and steady approach!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • burgerqueen20
    burgerqueen20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link! I'll check it out! Im just shy of needing to lose 75lbs and aiming for about 60 but close enough!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link! I'll check it out! Im just shy of needing to lose 75lbs and aiming for about 60 but close enough!

I am initially looking to lose about 60 also to get back towards the top of a healthy BMI range, they aren't overly nit-picky about the 75lbs thing. It's a nice group anyway and lots of advice/accountability.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I love the Larger Loser group and I am an active member!....down 90 lbs in 15 months!....feel free to join us!...we are an active and very motivated group!
  • jessieann1982
    jessieann1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Could you help me find the larger loser group?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You should check out the Larger Losers group, great group with lots of focus on the slow and steady approach!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

• bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I love this post. I used to be 260 lbs and also started out slow. I had reduced so much in the past that I would lose weight rapidly and then gain it back after a month or two. After numerous attempts of "lose weight quick" I took it really really slow. I added activities and better eating habits and it worked. It took me several years to drop 90 lbs.

Slow and steady wins the race. Activity helps too!

Unfortunately I have slowed down my normal day to day activity and my weight is slowly creeping up.

I'm going to send you a friend request.