Memory Lane

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Then there was the time I lit a cherry bomb in my bedroom and set the bedspread on fire.

Mom was not impressed.

I have boys. They are just like this. Every summer I purposely read them news stories about some dumbass who blew his junk off.

To be fair, I only played with the firecrackers that wouldn't blow my fingers off if mishandled.
    Even as a 12 year old, I had a very healthy respect for anything larger than a regular sized firecracker.

Other kids would mess with M-80s, not me, not even close.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Then there was the time I lit a cherry bomb in my bedroom and set the bedspread on fire.

Mom was not impressed.

I have boys. They are just like this. Every summer I purposely read them news stories about some dumbass who blew his junk off.

To be fair, I only played with the firecrackers that wouldn't blow my fingers off if mishandled.
    Even as a 12 year old, I had a very healthy respect for anything larger than a regular sized firecracker.

yeah but that was back when quarter sticks and stuff were still actually terrifying. nowadays they're so watered down and even though you can make them yourself with stuff on amazon you'll end up on a watchlist if you try.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Mom was not impressed.

yeah but that was back when quarter sticks and stuff were still actually terrifying. nowadays they're so watered down and even though you can make them yourself with stuff on amazon you'll end up on a watchlist if you try.

word on the street that our M-80s were equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite.....

I don't know if that was true, but they sure sounded like it.
  • iMago
    Options

Mom was not impressed.

word on the street that our M-80s were equivalent to a quarter stick of dynamite.....

I don't know if that was true, but they sure sounded like it.

i think the old ones like that, the only difference was that they didn't have nitroglycerin in them, and they were smaller of course.
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That time when I was 5 and got a Lego tire stuck up my nose and had to go to the ER.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Mom was not impressed.

Speaking of fires, I was burning some letters (you know, catharsis and stuff) when I realized I had nowhere to put the burning papers before the fire reached my fingers. So I threw it in the plastic bin (full of more papers and other flammable material). By the time the fire died down, the bin was melted out of shape. My mom blamed my gran who was a smoker and I never corrected her 😳🤫
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Mom was not impressed.

Speaking of fires, I was burning some letters (you know, catharsis and stuff) when I realized I had nowhere to put the burning papers before the fire reached my fingers. So I threw it in the plastic bin (full of more papers and other flammable material). By the time the fire died down, the bin was melted out of shape. My mom blamed my gran who was a smoker and I never corrected her 😳🤫

For future reference, if you must do your cleansing burn in the house do it in the sink.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Mom was not impressed.

For future reference, if you must do your cleansing burn in the house do it in the sink.

Lesson learned! These days I think only a bonfire would suffice!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    One time I was supposed to be baby sitting my younger brothers but instead I was in my room watching tv. When I came out to check on them they had dumped a Costco size container of cinnamon on the brand new carpet and was running their toy trucks through the "hills". To top it off my brother tried to spray the kitchen sink "hose" on the mound to clean up the mess :#

I laughed so hard...was worth every bit of my dads anger and fury.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    One time I was supposed to be baby sitting my younger brothers but instead I was in my room watching tv. When I came out to check on them they had dumped a Costco size container of cinnamon on the brand new carpet and was running their toy trucks through the "hills". To top it off my brother tried to spray the kitchen sink "hose" on the mound to clean up the mess :#

I was supposed to babysitting my own children but instead I was doing laundry, cooking dinner, cleanIng the floors.

They got into my beginning prepper stash and dumped an entire five gallon bucket of brown sugar on the floor to run their dump trucks through.

I cried.
  • iMago
    Options

I was supposed to babysitting my own children but instead I was doing laundry, cooking dinner, cleanIng the floors.

They got into my beginning prepper stash and dumped an entire five gallon bucket of brown sugar on the floor to run their dump trucks through.

I cried.

i'm not even storing brown sugar my god what am i doing i'll never make it through the collapse at this rate
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options

I cried.

i'm not even storing brown sugar my god what am i doing i'll never make it through the collapse at this rate

You have chocolate chips though, right?
  • iMago
    Options

I cried.

oh no not the chocolate chips too
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options

I cried.

Fraid so.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Proper brown sugar storage is as follows:

3lt1lv8p0yz7.gif
  • Thetwitchisback
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

3lt1lv8p0yz7.gif

Nowadays i just clip the bag.

Then put it in another bag.

And put it in a glass canister.
  • iMago
    Options

I cried.

Fraid so.

i've started no longer stocking clear vodka and instead switching to Everclear, so that's something right?
    hrichts wrote: »

3lt1lv8p0yz7.gif

i do that but with bread and into the cabinet it goes. and i have a bread box.