60 yrs and up

Replies

• kroywrn2
    kroywrn2 Posts: 4 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    kroywrn2 wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m new to this group. Gained the COVID 15 while quarantined. That was on top of the winter weight I put on. Decided to go back to Dukan. Finished the 6 day attack down 7 pounds. Now I’m on Cruise until I lose the rest. Anyone else following this plan?

I never heard of Dukan. Can you explain the program. Good luck on your journey and welcome🙌👋

Hi Trekkie
    It’s a diet program developed by the French doctor Pierre Dukan. I first learned of it when Kate was marrying William & both she & her mother used it to get in shape for the wedding.
    It’s mostly high protein, low carb & fat, & Very Strict until you lose the weight you want. No limits on the amount on food you can eat or counting anything. Just limits what you can eat. He’s written books outlining it. Lmk if you want more info
    Kroywen2@netzero.com
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m new to this group. Gained the COVID 15 while quarantined. That was on top of the winter weight I put on. Decided to go back to Dukan. Finished the 6 day attack down 7 pounds. Now I’m on Cruise until I lose the rest. Anyone else following this plan?

I never heard of Dukan. Can you explain the program. Good luck on your journey and welcome🙌👋

Hi Trekkie
    It’s a diet program developed by the French doctor Pierre Dukan. I first learned of it when Kate was marrying William & both she & her mother used it to get in shape for the wedding.
    It’s mostly high protein, low carb & fat, & Very Strict until you lose the weight you want. No limits on the amount on food you can eat or counting anything. Just limits what you can eat. He’s written books outlining it. Lmk if you want more info
    Kroywen2@netzero.com

Thank you! Sounds like Keto which I am familiar with. I do try to be low carb but since the quarantine I haven’t been diligent. Good luck with it!
  • BobWillers
    BobWillers Posts: 33 Member
    tnh2o wrote: »
    @BobWillers Swimming will strengthen your core without learning an alien language. But you do need good swimming technique. and find somewhere to swim.

Thanks last time I swam was with the Navy in 1980 for the "duck test", the language then was ripe I can tell you :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Greetings, y'all! Planning a long walk with the dog today. Have an awesome weekend!
  • alteredsteve175
    Hey hey hey! Just checking in. Where is everybody? ❓🙋‍♂️
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    I have had a lot of distractions lately including Drs appointments, celebrating my daughter's graduation from University, jobsearch after being laid off last month etc.. It has slowed my progress with weight loss and exercise some. However yesterday I got my strength training routine in. I have been able to do that once a week down from twice a week before. I talked everyone into a walk Saturday after dinner. My safety vest is too big for me now. We expanded our social bubble to include my daughters boyfriend early this summer and he was over for dinner. Saturday morning we had take out Dim Sum to celebrate. Yesterday I did some cooking with her. She made Char siu bao (steamed Chinese buns with bbq pork filling) and I made gnocchi. Next week she will be starting her job search and I expect things will start to return to normal.
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Hi, everyone...I turned 64 this month, and realizing that "Medicare age" is coming up quickly, I need to make a better effort with weight loss and fitness before I turn 65. It's been THE hottest summer on record for us, and I don't do well in heat, so my attempts at weight loss the last two or three months have been half-hearted at best.

With fall on the way, I want to do better, and would like to reach my next mini-goal (that's 12 pounds away) within the next few months, if possible.

Hope your week has started off well so far. :)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) My routine is so predictable that I don't think to share it with all of you. We are staying home except for walking the dogs for about two hours in the morning. I did venture to the grocery store this morning because the bag of cat food was almost empty. I shopped for a lot of other stuff as long as I was there. I go early and my grocery store has excellent safety protocols in place so I feel safe and comfortable.

:) My zucchini plant continues to produce so my supper always has a serving of zucchini.

:) I am in touch with others via zoom and have my wonderful husband to keep me company so life is good.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    @Steve-Hi! I've been here in spirit, just feeling a little blase I guess..is it the dog days of summer?
    @Barbie-Your routine may be predictable but you're always up to something!
    Speaking of Medicare, just got my husband all wrapped up as he turns 65 in October. Glad to get that over with, but once we got started, it wasn't really that bad.
    Everyone have a great rest of their week, looking forward to the Labor Day weekend!
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Hi. Good to see all the posts here. The humidity was a little lower today, enough so that I felt confident taking a walk along the trails at Great Falls National Park again. When I walk with my mask and the dew point is high my glasses get so fogged up that I'm afraid of stumbling. I enjoyed the park watching the kayaks, birds and seeing people safely distanced was great. The Potomac river is running a little high since it's been a wet month. Been doing well with tracking, moving and keeping safe.
    Friend hugs, Om...do972s83lrc9.jpg
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    One more picturefvhcq9xtcsk1.jpg
  • KeriA
    beautiful blanket @barbieca. I have been crocheting mask cords.
  • KeriA
    @j29t what a wonderful place for a walk. Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures. Most of the park parking in Seattle is closed. Which means that instead of taking a walk in the park you have to take a walk to the park instead.
  • alteredsteve175
    @Teresa - it is the dog days, no doubt. The funny part - my dog doesn't care - she wants to go for a walk, every day, regardless of the heat. We have been starting late in the evening and finishing in the dark. I'm lucky to live in an area where it is safe to walk after dark. It should start to cool off next week. YAY!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Back with MFP. After attaining goal, a major home remodel (no kitchen for 8 weeks) followed almost immediately by coronavirus isolation and I am now 20 pounds up😠. Obviously, very unhappy with myself!!

I am 75 and live alone (nobody tempting me with no-nos, but also minimal support). I am very much missing my fitness center which not only shut down during the early days of covid but is now closed permanently. Am trying to do some strength building exercises at home, but much more difficult without the gym equipment (and the motivation of others around me). I have a new puppy who assures that I get out and walk and also a horse that I ride 5 days a week. I just need to get back to fixing healthy food and keeping the sweets and snacks out if the house!

I know what works for me ... just have to do It! Looking forward to getting to know people in this group and, hopefully, sharing support and successes.