Microwave chicken breast in plastic wrap

Options
2»

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about boneless chicken. It's pretty much fool proff to cook on the stove. Buy a cheap grill pan ($12ish at Target). Use a medium heat. When it gets hot, drizzle some oil on it (or PAM, whatever) and place the chicken in the center of the pan. Cook one side for five minutes (depending on thickness) turn over and cook the other side for same amount of time. Allow it to rest for a couple minutes before cutting into it. 15 minutes tops, including seasoning and clean up =)
  • marliazevedo123
    Options
    Any plastic that is not clearly especified as "microwave safe" should not be used as so. When you microwave plastics that are not "microwave safe" substances used in manufacturing the plastic (plasticizers) may leak into the food.
  • jatcat310
    Options
    I love my showtime roaster, I have had it forever and you can put all the pieces in the dishwasher...it is fairly easy to clean.
  • janp114
    Options
    you shouldn't use plastic wrap in the microwave. I use a wet paper towel to cover my food in the microwave. It heats it up good and keeps it moist!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the giggles I got out of this.
  • seaangel082
    seaangel082 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would be scared to microwave....
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would avoid using any plastic wrap in the microwave like I would the plague!!!
    Some very bad chemicals leach out of plastic wrap when it is microwaved.

That being said, my wife & I microwave chicken all the time. Usually in a glass / Corningware type dish with a loose lid and with water. The cooking is basically poaching the meat. Not certain about any meat with bone? My experience with chicken in the micro is with boneless & skinless breast meat only.
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good for you, for starting now, the more you practice the better you will get. I once burned boiled eggs and destroyed the pan, but you better believe I knew next time to stay in the kitchen so I would not get distracted. lol