Facing wired problem
I am not eating much, still gaining weight
I think I am gaining weight by air
:D:D

Replies

• CerebralEcstasy
    CerebralEcstasy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My guess is you're slowing your metabolism down and eating a combination of the wrong foods. I was/am doing the same thing, high on the carbs, low on the proteins, and fats. I switched these macros around, high on the protein, middle on the fats, and the lowest in the carbs. I started losing. It's been so hot here, and lots of stress, so I'm not feeling like eating much either but was seeing the scale go up, up, and up. I was also drinking a lot of water, and working out daily (no breaks) so water retention was through the roof. I'm currently at the tail end of a four/five-day hiatus, went swimming today, and I feel like human excrement. Here's to making better choices tomorrow.
  • 26DEEP91
    26DEEP91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Can you please make your food diary public?

Diary is open for friends
    Sending friend request
  • 26DEEP91
    26DEEP91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My guess is you're slowing your metabolism down and eating a combination of the wrong foods. I was/am doing the same thing, high on the carbs, low on the proteins, and fats. I switched these macros around, high on the protein, middle on the fats, and the lowest in the carbs. I started losing. It's been so hot here, and lots of stress, so I'm not feeling like eating much either but was seeing the scale go up, up, and up. I was also drinking a lot of water, and working out daily (no breaks) so water retention was through the roof. I'm currently at the tail end of a four/five-day hiatus, went swimming today, and I feel like human excrement. Here's to making better choices tomorrow.

I am eating below 1200 cal,
    How is it possible to have high carb in too low cal
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    26DEEP91 wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »
    Can you please make your food diary public?

Diary is open for friends
    Sending friend request

I don't do friend request, but good luck.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options

My guess is that he is eating more than he thinks - unless it is just a short term thing in which case it is just understanding fluctuations

But none of us can know or help without an open diary to confirm what is happening.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    26DEEP91 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Facing wired problem
    I am not eating much, still gaining weight
    I think I am gaining weight by air
    :D:D

do you weigh every piece of food you eat in grams including cooking oil, salad dressing and condiments? do you then find accurate database listings for them, checking each against the manufacturer for portion weight and calories so to be fairly sure you're logging your calories accurately?

if not, unless you eat only pre-packaged, single serving foods, chances are you don't know how many calories you're eating.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all foods as stated already. Make sure that the entries are correct as stated already.

Are you exercising? If so, make sure you aren’t overestimating your calories burned from exercise. I deduct 20% off all exercise calories to be on the safe side
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    How often are you eating food made by other people? When you do, do you really know the nutritional value or the quantity in weight of the food consumed? I'm not saying you MUST make all your own food from scratch, but the more involved you can be in the process, you more accurate your logging can be.

Other than that, over what stretch of time have you tried to track calories? And over what stretch of time have you noticed an increase on the scale? If its been only a few days or even a few pounds up in less than a month, you're more than likely experiencing water weight fluctuation. Body fat is lost or gained over an extended period of time. Not a few days.