What are your reasons for losing weight?

Replies

• krina1x
    krina1x Posts: 4 Member
    Id like to loose weight to feel better run around with the kids be able to fit in clothes how i used to
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    I want to lose weight to feel better and look better
    I lost 90 lbs before and unfortunately got off track for over 2 years
    This time I am going to stick to it and go further with a goal of losing well over 100 lbs
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I will be 50 next year so I feel like it's now or never, as far as losing weight. I need to lose 50 pounds and I've been kind of losing and gaining the same 20 pounds for the past few years. But I recently learned that I have high blood pressure, so now I really need to lose it if I want to be healthy and not be on medication. (Although the hbp might be genetic.) So now i'm really motivated to lose 40-50 pounds for good.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Trying to compete in the 75 kg weight class in a powerlifting meet next year. I have ten pounds to go. I'm down 30 pounds from 11/2018 when I competed in the 90kg class.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    I lose it so that I can gain it back and be better than before. Followed by rinse and repeat
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    While health impacts my decision to a certain degree, to be honest most of my motivation is centered purely around aesthetics. I want to look better physically. I don't like the muffin top around my stomach. I want arms legs and a chest with some definition to them.
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    1) my young kids deserve a Mom who isn’t too tired and fat to do things with them
    2) I deserve to feel better (physically and mentally) and be more comfortable in my skin
    3) I want to feel attractive to my husband (he never says a word about my weight, but my weight affects my self esteem which puts a damper on our sex life...)
    4) Sheer vanity. I don’t like how I look when my weight is hovering around 200.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Health reasons at first. I tried it once before but I got hurt and gave up. Different mindset this time around. I was 310 at my heaviest down to 240 and I'm aiming for 195. There's no cheat days and there's no secret. Just eat eat within your caloric range and walk 30 minutes per day. I had terrible eating habits that were corrected once I started viewing food as information for the body and not for the mouth.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    You all have such motivational stories. :)

Mine is basically I had a doctor's appt for one reason or another, weighed in at 225, and my doctor said he wanted to see me at 160 lbs. I researched a few different diets, ended up with Weight Watchers, and got down to 160 and beyond.

So my reason was I do (did) what I'm told? :)
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    So I can go to my closet, pick anything I have to wear and not worry about having something being too tight, too short, or just not fitting right due to my weight.
  • texnolan
    texnolan Posts: 20 Member
    This may be inappropriate, but I am more about truth than what is appropriate.
    I asked Doc how I can add a little length below, she said lose weight.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I was on the typical diet roller coaster for years getting thinner then fatter but always on an upward trend. Yeah, I knew all the health issues, and I cared about how I looked but it was never enough and I lived with being obese. Discovering fitness and an activity I liked (quite by chance) kick started some weight loss without my particularly trying. This led me to become serious about losing the weight so I could do more things in the gym. Now, I love how I feel. I'm very happy with how I look, too, but it was feeling strong, energetic and confident that made it click for me.