need advice: overeating

2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    mtkgch08 wrote: »
    i am feeling really demotivated right now and guilty abt my binges:(

any advise on how i can eat more but get leaner???

thank you for all your responses!❤️

Ya eat in a mild deficit. Or eat in a surplus and increase muscle mass then eat in a deficit to reduce total bodyfat.

And I couldnt care less if my buddies said I was chunky. I'm comfortable in my own skin. And am aware of when I'm.letting diet slip. It's a good motivational tool to be slapped by reality. In my opinion. Different strokes for different folks
  • jessef593
    jessef593 wrote: »

Ya eat in a mild deficit. Or eat in a surplus and increase muscle mass then eat in a deficit to reduce total bodyfat.

And I couldnt care less if my buddies said I was chunky. I'm comfortable in my own skin. And am aware of when I'm.letting diet slip. It's a good motivational tool to be slapped by reality. In my opinion. Different strokes for different folks

What's wrong with what I said? I literally just pushed for people to be comfortable in their own skin and merely stated I prefer when my workout buddy says that I'm over eating in my surplus. Sometimes it's easier with an outside perspective.
  • mymtkgch
    mymtkgch Posts: 4 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The advice stands, the BMI at 5'5" is 18, the BMI at 5'3" is 18.6.

Back on track now.

@cmriverside
    I calculated it by hand and using a BMI calculator from the National Institutes of Health, using 5'4.46" [corrected from 5'5.46 in original, which was typo, not what I actually used for the calculations] and both ways I'm getting 17.7 BMI for the OP. Maybe you're still using fractions of a foot where you should be using inches (or vice versa) to calculate BMI.

I'm 5'4" myself, and I know from using BMI calculators and charts for myself that 105 lbs would definitely be underweight for me, not merely low end of BMI normal.

[edited to fix typo in the numbers and add @ ]

Also from personal experience, as a 5'5" person, the lowest normal BMI is at 111 pounds. I even checked an Asian BMI site, in case OP is Asian. 17.7 is underweight, either way.

yes! you are absolutely correct. i am Asian...
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Lose the friend. That'll be a HUGE weight gone. Seems that's the only weight you need to lose.
  • jessef593
    edited August 2020
    Lietchi wrote: »

What's wrong with what I said? I literally just pushed for people to be comfortable in their own skin and merely stated I prefer when my workout buddy says that I'm over eating in my surplus. Sometimes it's easier with an outside perspective.

Outside perspective is that OP is underweight, if you had read the rest of the thread:
    - 'outside perspective' from her friend is false
    - a deficit, even a slight one, is a bad recommendation, with a BMI below 18

Well thank you sir/ma'am. As stated though I did suggest eating in a surplus. For the deficit I was merely answering the question that the OP made. The one I quoted. So if everyone is upset that I said how to lose weight. I apologize

Though I was not instructing op to do so with such a low bodyweight. And for anyone who is upset. Here I made this for you ❄❄❄. Everyone has their preferences. I prefer tough love and reality.

However op if your weight is truly that low you need to eat food and dump that friend. My comment about tough love only applies when it's TRUE. Not to push someone to starve themselves to death