Do you hate yourself or are you normal?

Options
The amount of opportunities im missing because of my body image issues and insecurities is crazyyy. God I wish someone taught me how to love myself cause I do be struggling. Lmao pls drop tips to accept myself 😭😂 I do be struggling 💀

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Realize that how you look (or think you look) has no bearing on who you are.

If you can't love the way you look on the outside, reflect on who you are on the inside.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Perhaps talk nicely to yourself, Uma. You seem to be such a bubbly personality.

From what I've seen of your posts, you're also very resilient and non-judgmental.

All very laudable. All super cool.

Omg you’re the sweetest, thank you sooo much that means a lot to me 😭💜 . Trust me sis I’m trying my hardest to be nice to myself. Hopefully I get there sooner. Also how do you find my posts , is there a way I’m so confused hahaha but your replies excites me all the time hehe
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    Realize that how you look (or think you look) has no bearing on who you are.

If you can't love the way you look on the outside, reflect on who you are on the inside.

Wait this is deep but I feel like I have version of myself created in my head but it’s not reflecting in the mirror obvs and that’s breaking my heart everyday. I just wish I can be content with myself sometimes
  • SwolehouseBrotown
    SwolehouseBrotown Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I learned nobody really cares what i look like but me. But I care a lot.

Go get it.

LIFT. HEAVY.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

From what I've seen of your posts, you're also very resilient and non-judgmental.

Omg you’re the sweetest, thank you sooo much that means a lot to me 😭💜 . Trust me sis I’m trying my hardest to be nice to myself. Hopefully I get there sooner. Also how do you find my posts , is there a way I’m so confused hahaha but your replies excites me all the time hehe

lol I just be sure to click when I see your posts on the "Recent Discussions" page...which I visit too often

Your posts are also very memorable for a young person so I can only imagine what a positive impression you must make in real life!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    if you do be struggling, try a doobie and relax
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Wait— I hate myself and think it’s totally normal... oops?

This is kinda where I was, I thought that *was* normal
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options

lol I just be sure to click when I see your posts on the "Recent Discussions" page...which I visit too often

Your posts are also very memorable for a young person so I can only imagine what a positive impression you must make in real life!

Omg you’re too nice 🥺 once again thank you.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    if you do be struggling, try a doobie and relax

What’s a doobie 😂💀
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Uma. I've been looking for you for weeks.

Turn all of this pain into ACTION. Don't let life or weight grind you down. You share your pain because you're real. You don't hide behind anything. People remember extremes. It's so much easier to remember the negative comments than the praise we receive. Criticism over praise.

How you speak to yourself matters. Our brain remembers the extremes. Flip the Switch.

Our body is the very best friend we will ever have in this life. It sticks with us through wild swings UP and down and back and forth and everything we throw at it You don't hide. That puts you in a better position than all those who are hiding. You lay your soul bare and you own it. I respect you for that.

Show me the money. Show me the way.

You always do.

Wait omg I needed this thank you , I do be taking every silly criticism harshly. It ruins my dayyy and makes me never wanna step out of the house yk but now I’m working on it . Also when you said you’ve been looking for me is that a form of expression or did you actually look for me hehe I’m so lost. THANK YOU SM FOR THIS BTW 💜
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Hugs

I like to think we "hate" ourselves because its an evolutionary behaviour to "be better"

Just keep "trying" you know? "Survival"

No matter where we are at in life - we can always improve, learn and grow
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    Wait— I hate myself and think it’s totally normal... oops?

Felt that in my bones.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i think im a pretty regular type dude
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    Sometimes on a seemingly "normal" day, I'll fall into a deep sense of despair for no obvious reason. There will be dozens of different thoughts floating around my head but I can't pinpoint or even justify the hopelessness these thoughts provoke... and then I keep myself there... On purpose. Recalling all of my mistakes and highlighting all of my failures. I even try to find ways to justify the horrible things that others have done to me and look for ways that it was my fault. I don't have many deep and meaningful friendships out of fear of not being understood or looked down upon or ridiculed for having what some would consider extreme highs and lows... a dark side and a rebellious nature. I just feel things so deeply and overthink the world around me perhaps to a fault. I wonder sometimes if I spiral like this because deep down I hate myself... even though hate is a strong word and there are many ways in which I practice self love. I also see the ways in which I berate and abuse myself. Forever a work in progress.

I got chills reading this because this is exactly what I feel..I have friends but I never trust them fully or I’ll always have a facade on so that I don’t get looked down upon. Even when I’m extremely sad , I try to be bubbly and positive so that they won’t think “oh no here we go she’s depressed again” funnily enough someone actually said those words to me. I can’t even be sad in peace imagine that 😂😂. Now I rarely go out because I don’t have the energy to carry facade around. I only hang out when I’m feeling happy and stable. It’s twisted but it is what it is . Always working on it