Anxiety and panic attacks

Options
2»

Replies

• Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood sugar tested while fasting? It could be reactive hypoglycemia, which is common with people who have prediabetes. I was suffering from it too. About 3 hours after a meal, if I didn't eat, I would get heart palpitations, start shaking and sweating, and feeling like I was going to pass out. It took a long time to figure out I was having low blood sugar attacks, not panic attacks. The thing that helped me was cutting out sugar and white flour, and eating a small meal containing low gi carbs and protein/fats every couple hours vs 3 big meals a day.
  • bumblebeecone
    bumblebeecone Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! In 2015 I was doing great losing weight until early 2016...I started getting anxiety attacks and since then my weight loss has suffered a lot every time I get hungry I get very anxious and I eat a lot when this happens because I get very desperate. (I also have pre-diabetes) I have gained weight again...I don't know what to do to get back on track Every time I try to go back at my diet I mess it up because of this. What should I do? Anyone going through this?

Some of the best advice I ever got was. You don't gotta be the best just be better than you were yesterday
  • bumblebeecone
    bumblebeecone Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I go through fighting this once a month if you catch what i mean
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So much good advice here! Hyperglycemia is definitely one to check. I recently read something really helpful: resorting to food when anxious is a lear t behavior, a habit. Rather than just denying yourself the relief of food, replace eating with a different habit that also brings relief. The obvious one is exercise (lifting furniture sounds fun - just be careful of your back! ;-), but I also find chewing sugar free gum really helpful. Chewing relieves tension and it's a lot more discreet in an open plan office ... Good luck!
  • ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi. I know this is a really old thread, but I am just wondering if any of you also happen to have been diagnosed with PVCs or Ventricular Tachycardia? If so, do you think the physical symptoms may create the panic attacks? I have pvcs and VT and my doctor has given me the option of getting a cardiac ablation, but the procedure just seems to scary for me.