Podcasts for walking

Options
2»

Replies

• Epaulr000
    Epaulr000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Armchair expert is excellent, thanks to all for suggesting, i've upped my walking so needed more podcasts. If i may add The Infinite Monkey Cage, excellent podcast from the BBC with Brian Cox, science made easy.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    When do long runs I listen to History on Fire and if my pace is starting to drop ones about killers and myths and legends. Really up the pace when you run at night. History on Fire is usually really long and if you enjoy an Italian accent you're In luck.
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fresh Air is my go to.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Crime Junkie
    Casefile
    Dateline NBC (cloyingly overdramatic at times)
    The Von Haessler Doctrine (lampoons current events and politicians of all stripes, one of the few things I actually LOL at)
    Stuff You Should Know
    (Random fascinating things)
    Stuff You Missed in History Class (ditto, with historical slant)
    99% Invisible
    If you are into interior design: Ballard Designs : How to Decorate has been a welcome surprise. A trio interviews well known designers and its informal, informative and funny

Now, what is like is an app that would let me bookmark favorite podcasts without downloading them, show me which episodes I’ve already listened to, let me immediately go to the next one in line, and suggest similar podcasts. The native apple podcast app is really a PITA, imho.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Hidden Brain, Radiolab, This American Life, The Moth.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'll give you a couple that I like because they are long and keep my mind occupied if I'm having a bad day -- it's hard without knowing what you're into.

Good Job Brain - a trivia podcast with 4 friends. Unfortunately there are not new episodes now, but there is a LARGE backlog if you want to listen.

Oh No Ross and Carrie -- a podcast with 2 friends who do spiritual/religious/pseudo-sciencey stuff so you don't have to! I love them, because they are both very scientific minded/educated and funny. I just listened to a LONG series where they went to Costa Rica to do an ayahuasca ceremony...which was fascinating. But they do all kinds of stuff.

Astonishing Legends --- Also can be long, but very well researched. Mostly paranormal stories (ghosts, cryptid, generally weird/wacky folklore type stuff). Two guys, who are pretty educated and like I said --- don't skimp on the research.
  • whitej1234
    whitej1234 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Freakanomics radio and it's recent spinoffs - "people that I admire", and "no stupid questions". Always a good 50min-1hwalk with them if you like economics, and general popular science stuff.