Do you hate yourself or are you normal?

Options

Replies

• MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Hugs

I like to think we "hate" ourselves because its an evolutionary behaviour to "be better"

Just keep "trying" you know? "Survival"

No matter where we are at in life - we can always improve, learn and grow

well said K :) you have a lot of inner knowledge
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    this thread title has been *kitten* me up all day

Hahahah it’s a slang / joke for teenagers, even tho I’m grown 21 adult but I catch myself saying all these slangs haha
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    The amount of opportunities im missing because of my body image issues and insecurities is crazyyy. God I wish someone taught me how to love myself cause I do be struggling. Lmao pls drop tips to accept myself 😭😂 I do be struggling 💀

i went through 50 years of feeling not good enough. it took several health crises for me to stop caring about my body image. the most important thing is being fit and healthy - no matter how you *look* i've seen your progress. be proud of what you've accomplished Lady! <3

Oh wow I’m so sorry that you went through that and I hope you’re at a happier place rn because you deserve that. I’m proud of my progress , just not content with myself yet sigh.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    this thread title has been *kitten* me up all day

Me too
    + that other one I cringey posted in so much I think I should kill Vikka and let her RIP

...but when I resurrect, the same *kitten* will be coming out of my mouth!

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Hugs

I like to think we "hate" ourselves because its an evolutionary behaviour to "be better"

Just keep "trying" you know? "Survival"

No matter where we are at in life - we can always improve, learn and grow

well said K :) you have a lot of inner knowledge

Thanks Lady!
    btw - glad to see you!
  • MiNinaLisa
    edited September 2020
    Options
    oops
  • MiNinaLisa
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The amount of opportunities im missing because of my body image issues and insecurities is crazyyy. God I wish someone taught me how to love myself cause I do be struggling. Lmao pls drop tips to accept myself 😭😂 I do be struggling 💀

i went through 50 years of feeling not good enough. it took several health crises for me to stop caring about my body image. the most important thing is being fit and healthy - no matter how you *look* i've seen your progress. be proud of what you've accomplished Lady! <3

Oh wow I’m so sorry that you went through that and I hope you’re at a happier place rn because you deserve that. I’m proud of my progress , just not content with myself yet sigh.

i'm still going through them on the daily - but thank you. i'm sorry that you are so hard on yourself. i hope you will get beyond the physical and realize your heart and health is more important than the physical appearance. i just hope it doesn't take you as long as it took me Uma ...you are more than that.... <3 i got tormented endlessly in gradeschool and in my family atmosphere for my terrible skin and other things. i had no support my way. MFP tho - in my experience after being here for a few years - has really been beneficial. but we all have to go through growing pains to find out who we really are *hug*
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    Darkness can not drive out darkness, only light can do that...

Hate can not drive out hate, only love can do that 💕...

Look at it this way, obviously you love yourself, or you wouldn't be so concerned with how you feel, you wouldn't get down on yourself if you didn't care...

You do love yourself... Find peace in knowing that you do already love yourself and just want more for yourself because you love yourself...

Then decide what to do from there if anything need be done at all... You're already more than enough...

<3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Mr. Healthy is Mr. Guru!! Love it!

I used to hate myself, never ever felt as good as anyone else, always had that inferior feeling. Especially when I was around your age, Uma. That is 1 nice thing about getting older, less things bother you. You find different priorities.

Find ways to help others, whether it be an animal shelter or helping a child learn how to read, whatever it is.....reaching out to help others gives you a good feeling and takes that negative self-image out of your mind for awhile. Whatever it is that you're letting define you at the moment, if you truly don't like that about yourself take small steps to change it. Confidence and acceptance will grow, self love will develop over time.
    You seem like a super nice likeable reasonable(that's hard to find these days!! :))person so think about your positive qualities, I'm sure you have many!!
    Good luck :)

• accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    There is an app that can teach you just that, it’s called Sanity and Self.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of those " I hate myself" days. Once in a while, I have those " I'm the best" days also. It's all in the mind. And I bet no one cares what we look like except ourselves.
  • MiNinaLisa
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I kinda adore myself.

you're absolutely adorable <3
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I kinda adore myself.

💕
  • PaperDoll_