What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I need an extreme version of MFP, with an accountability structure that allowed for literal punches to the face if goals weren't met.

Not actually for fitness though (though I guess it works for that, too) but for other things.

Like a terrible SAW movie but for developing good habits

This could actually work for fitness goals though

‘Lose 25 lbs or you’ll lose a leg’ i mean either way you’re losing some weight
  • CacoEther
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    hrichts wrote: »
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Thinking about dropping some cash and fitting out a van to live in it. The ultimate gypsy move but it makes sense in a recession. I will park by the beach and hopefully not get arrested.

i LOVE this idea like its a dream of mine to do this

Yeah, but would get kinda lonely and would need to find a van commune or something, would miss housemates. Still have work and uni tho...It’s really hard here now with everything closed. Like, I have the library for internet/and computer, uni+gym for showers but not at the moment. It’s illegal to be homeless but I can just lie to the government and say I live at a friend’s house. But think of all that money I’m burning by renting and it would totally be worth it. Even just for like 12-18 months!

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

(Also it’s illegal to be homeless where you are?!?! This seems a cruel and a strange way to end homelessness).

most places in US its illegal to be homeless they just dont say it outright

like its illegal to “camp” in park or illegal to “loiter” or whatever

i was homeless for a bit like when 17/18 years old and they’d give us camping tickets if we slept somewhere like a park or bus station and THEN u got to figure out a way to pay the ticket or go to court or u end up with bench warrant for “failure to appear” which is a misdemeanor and THEN get a few of those in a place where they do “three strikes” u are facing felony charges and jail time

Oh wow, that is quite honestly one of the stupidest things I’ve heard. It makes zero sense to fine someone who obviously doesn’t have means to adequate housing and therefore likely no means to disposable income for petty fines. Le sigh. What a broken system. My city had a similar experience with ticketing fare evaders on transit - like they don’t have the cash for transit so you’re going to write them a ticket that’s like 200% the cost of the bus ticket? 🤦🏻‍♀️ This kind of stuff makes me so angry when there’s folks who have excessive vehicles they’re not driving or driving infrequently and some folks can’t pay $2.50 for a bus ride.

I’m sorry you experienced homelessness! Must have been quite the time. 💛

i mean tbf a lot of the homeless population are addicts or mentally ill so being like “go ahead and do what u want bc u cant pay tickets” not real good option either

idk how to solve it tbh

We should try criminalizing drug use so that addicts get caught up in a hopeless cycle of being unable to help themselves but are too afraid to ask for the help they need for fear of punishment. Then if all goes as planned they will spiral which causes them to eventually lose their job, the one thing that might’ve enabled them to actually afford the ridiculously expensive and largely unattainable in-patient treatment that they can’t simply get from the healthcare system. This will get them out on the streets where jailtime will be an inevitability. THEN they’ll finally have what they need: a roof over their heads, enough to eat, social integration, maybe even an honest day’s work.

What could go wrong??

Or, y’know, maybe we could modify the existing healthcare system to make addiction treatment and recovery as attainable as well child checkups. Instead of putting our taxes toward the care and incarceration of de facto criminals, we could support them BEFORE they spiral to unchecked drug abuse and the extreme social isolation and life-threatening practices that go along with it

There is so many crack addicts I see every day living on the streets on West Oakland on my way to work, every morning...

It's sad but the unfortunate truth is, most of them will end up right back on the streets...

Although this homeless issue wasn't as bad back when mental health services were more available...

Yeah we need more robust mental health care too

https://youtu.be/vBUbJhFmTPc

I think you underestimate my laziness when it comes to watching videos here
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Thinking about dropping some cash and fitting out a van to live in it. The ultimate gypsy move but it makes sense in a recession. I will park by the beach and hopefully not get arrested.

Yeah, but would get kinda lonely and would need to find a van commune or something, would miss housemates. Still have work and uni tho...It’s really hard here now with everything closed. Like, I have the library for internet/and computer, uni+gym for showers but not at the moment. It’s illegal to be homeless but I can just lie to the government and say I live at a friend’s house. But think of all that money I’m burning by renting and it would totally be worth it. Even just for like 12-18 months!

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

(Also it’s illegal to be homeless where you are?!?! This seems a cruel and a strange way to end homelessness).

i was homeless for a bit like when 17/18 years old and they’d give us camping tickets if we slept somewhere like a park or bus station and THEN u got to figure out a way to pay the ticket or go to court or u end up with bench warrant for “failure to appear” which is a misdemeanor and THEN get a few of those in a place where they do “three strikes” u are facing felony charges and jail time

Oh wow, that is quite honestly one of the stupidest things I’ve heard. It makes zero sense to fine someone who obviously doesn’t have means to adequate housing and therefore likely no means to disposable income for petty fines. Le sigh. What a broken system. My city had a similar experience with ticketing fare evaders on transit - like they don’t have the cash for transit so you’re going to write them a ticket that’s like 200% the cost of the bus ticket? 🤦🏻‍♀️ This kind of stuff makes me so angry when there’s folks who have excessive vehicles they’re not driving or driving infrequently and some folks can’t pay $2.50 for a bus ride.

i mean tbf a lot of the homeless population are addicts or mentally ill so being like “go ahead and do what u want bc u cant pay tickets” not real good option either

idk how to solve it tbh

We should try criminalizing drug use so that addicts get caught up in a hopeless cycle of being unable to help themselves but are too afraid to ask for the help they need for fear of punishment. Then if all goes as planned they will spiral which causes them to eventually lose their job, the one thing that might’ve enabled them to actually afford the ridiculously expensive and largely unattainable in-patient treatment that they can’t simply get from the healthcare system. This will get them out on the streets where jailtime will be an inevitability. THEN they’ll finally have what they need: a roof over their heads, enough to eat, social integration, maybe even an honest day’s work.

What could go wrong??

Or, y’know, maybe we could modify the existing healthcare system to make addiction treatment and recovery as attainable as well child checkups. Instead of putting our taxes toward the care and incarceration of de facto criminals, we could support them BEFORE they spiral to unchecked drug abuse and the extreme social isolation and life-threatening practices that go along with it

There is so many crack addicts I see every day living on the streets on West Oakland on my way to work, every morning...

It's sad but the unfortunate truth is, most of them will end up right back on the streets...

Although this homeless issue wasn't as bad back when mental health services were more available...

no. i didn't post it for you to laugh at. it's for everyone else.
  • CacoEther
    Options

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

idk how to solve it tbh

What could go wrong??

no. i didn't post it for you to laugh at. it's for everyone else.

*kitten* now i HAVE to watch it
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

idk how to solve it tbh

What could go wrong??

One more time for the people in the back!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

idk how to solve it tbh

What could go wrong??

nope im still for bringing back Bumfights

2et6mfdks4cd.gif

Lol, NVM this!
  • CacoEther
    Options

mxyyqooh28cz.gif
    I’m here for it!

idk how to solve it tbh

What could go wrong??

addictions not easy problem to solve like an illness

i wanna say more but i’m not having great day today like not very talkative

It isnt easy at all, i know. But i have three siblings that are addicts and the only onewho has had any success getting sober is the one who could afford in-patient treatment. I wish the other two could have the same opportunity

I am sorry you’re having a bad day though
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are going away this weekend for the 1st time in months. I can't wait to disconnect and spend some quality time together 🥰

<3<3
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I wish i had a british accent sometimes. They can say basically anything and it sounds posh. “I left the rubbish until after I did the hooverin and now I have to hoover the carpet all over again. Litchrally a proper knob, aren’t I.”

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg
  • CacoEther
    Options
    I wish i had a british accent sometimes. They can say basically anything and it sounds posh. “I left the rubbish until after I did the hooverin and now I have to hoover the carpet all over again. Litchrally a proper knob, aren’t I.”

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

I love it and could listen to it all day
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I like American accents, a bunch of quirky and nice ones going on in that mish-mash down south of the border.

If I was gonna get some really bad news, please find me someone with a soft southern accent to tell it to me..."I'm sorry ma'am, the world will be imploding in 5 minutes" vs someone from Jersey tho.

On the British accents - have you ever seen an episode of Geordie Shore? I speak "English" but I need subtitles for that accent!
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

not a fan of british accents tbh but idk why
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

Heck, we kicked'em out over two hundred years ago, just so we didn't have to listen to it.

"Pip, pip... jolly good show, spot of tea, off you pop!"

..... what are y'all talking about ??

I will not rise to the bait.

I will not....
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    More British accents for me then 😁😍
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

Heck, we kicked'em out over two hundred years ago, just so we didn't have to listen to it.

I will not....

c'mon.... I was hoping for your very best Princess Margaret voice. <3

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

I will not....

c'mon.... I was hoping for your very best Princess Margaret voice. <3

I posted in the voice thread yesterday - unfortunately my accent would reinforce your stereotype 😅