What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    hrichts wrote: »
    I wish i had a british accent sometimes. They can say basically anything and it sounds posh. “I left the rubbish until after I did the hooverin and now I have to hoover the carpet all over again. Litchrally a proper knob, aren’t I.”

I like American accents, a bunch of quirky and nice ones going on in that mish-mash down south of the border.

If I was gonna get some really bad news, please find me someone with a soft southern accent to tell it to me..."I'm sorry ma'am, the world will be imploding in 5 minutes" vs someone from Jersey tho.

On the British accents - have you ever seen an episode of Geordie Shore? I speak "English" but I need subtitles for that accent!

Some of the northern dialects require special code breaking skills.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    I wish i had a british accent sometimes. They can say basically anything and it sounds posh. “I left the rubbish until after I did the hooverin and now I have to hoover the carpet all over again. Litchrally a proper knob, aren’t I.”

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

I love it and could listen to it all day

not a fan of british accents tbh but idk why

Heck, we kicked'em out over two hundred years ago, just so we didn't have to listen to it.

"Pip, pip... jolly good show, spot of tea, off you pop!"

..... what are y'all talking about ??

I will not rise to the bait.

I will not....

Imitate a yank accent! In the voice thread!
    Or hoser!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

Heck, we kicked'em out over two hundred years ago, just so we didn't have to listen to it.

I will not....

c'mon.... I was hoping for your very best Princess Margaret voice. <3

I posted in the voice thread yesterday - unfortunately my accent would reinforce your stereotype 😅

I just listened to it.

and.......

giphy.gif

• ghudson92
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

depends on their region
    uvdfptqae5oj.jpeg

I will not....

Imitate a yank accent! In the voice thread!
    Or hoser!

Ask and you shall receive. I'll have to do it for you later though and it will be dreadful I can assure you 😅
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this place. And the way you all banter. So many times I think 'wish *I'd* thought of that'.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I LOVE this place. And the way you all banter. So many times I think 'wish *I'd* thought of that'.

I used to think that all the time too, especially with one particular user that I thought was so uniquely funny and clever, and it used to make me feel so lame. I’ve realized though that it’s *because* we don’t come up with the same things that this place is interesting.

Lately I’ve been appreciating the people who openly laugh at things. My college roommate told me once that she felt stupid always being the one in the room laughing but never the one making anyone laugh. I was dumbfounded. She consistently made me feel like a million bucks because of her frequent laughter, and it pained me that she didn’t feel that same way around me. I grew up in a household where the one laughing was, by default, the least funny. My siblings so rarely laughed at what I said that to this day I consider a laugh one of the best compliments. For a long time I’d answer a joke back with another joke rather than a laugh because that was all I knew. It wasn’t until I was with someone who did that ALL THE TIME that I realized how much I hated it.

Now I try to make sure people know when I laugh at their stuff. It’s a great feeling, it should be shared. It’s already hard enough to know someone’s reaction on the internet where you can’t just see it.

If people had to choose to be around someone who was either very funny or who laughed freely but not both, it would be interesting to see what they’d choose. I know which one I’d choose. Luckily most everyone is some combination of both. Some people trigger me because they would NEVER admit to laughing at someone else’s joke. It’s like this weird power move. But I love people like you who openly share when they think something is clever or interesting. Maybe I have a flimsy ego that requires massaging, but I don’t think so. I think most everyone would feel similarly.

Ugh so many words, sorry

You're so cute 😊 and you often make me chuckle... btw, I was just practicing "litcherally" lol!
  • ghudson92
    Options
    I'm watching 365 Days and I cant decide if, at this stage of my life, I'd be mad about being kidnapped by a rich dom 🤔
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    really wondering how much worse things would be if it was Corvid-19 instead

I've been wonderin this since the whole thing started, I'm glad I'm not alone
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I'm watching 365 Days and I cant decide if, at this stage of my life, I'd be mad about being kidnapped by a rich dom 🤔

Don't provoke me, baby girl!
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

Brian Keene wrote a story years ago now about a zombie plague that ran wild. it eventually spread to birds too and that was that pretty much.
    so maybe? 🤞
  • ghudson92
    edited September 2020
    Options

Edited because TMI. I shouldn't post when I'm this tired.

But yes - I think after 2020 I could deal with a kidnapping.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

Edited because TMI. I shouldn't post when I'm this tired.

But yes - I think after 2020 I could deal with a kidnapping.

damn! I was too late :(
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

Brian Keene wrote a story years ago now about a zombie plague that ran wild. it eventually spread to birds too and that was that pretty much.
    so maybe? 🤞

I mighta read those, is that the one where the zombie plague was actually demons reanimating corpses? And didn't it actually start with a demon inhabiting a fish that bit someone? or am I getting that mixed up with the Australian movie "Undead" (I know the lead guy is punching zombie fish in that one)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

so maybe? 🤞

I mighta read those, is that the one where the zombie plague was actually demons reanimating corpses? And didn't it actually start with a demon inhabiting a fish that bit someone? or am I getting that mixed up with the Australian movie "Undead" (I know the lead guy is punching zombie fish in that one)

he has two different zombie "universes" basically- one is the more standard mindless zombie plague from above.

the other is the one you're thinking of, "The Rising" series.
    they're not technically zombies at all in that, but djinn that have been set free and inhabit the corpses of our world. being bitten by one does nothing to you beyond killing you if the bite is serious enough, or exposing you to natural viruses, but if you do die, your body will be inhabited by another djinn, because there's billions of them waiting basically.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Options

so maybe? 🤞

he has two different zombie "universes" basically- one is the more standard mindless zombie plague from above.

the other is the one you're thinking of, "The Rising" series.
    they're not technically zombies at all in that, but djinn that have been set free and inhabit the corpses of our world. being bitten by one does nothing to you beyond killing you if the bite is serious enough, or exposing you to natural viruses, but if you do die, your body will be inhabited by another djinn, because there's billions of them waiting basically.

Man, how many zombie universes does one man NEED tho?! I guess he needs two, sort-of, but yeah. That's definitely the series I read all those years ago