Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I kinda adore myself.

Gotta be the halo.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    @Mr_Healthy And we've all been recipients of Blessings, even if we might not feel like it all the time. Thank you for sharing your perspective. And it didn't cost us a dime. :) Let's face it, therapy doesn't come cheap. :/

I used to worry about every little thing I did, what people were thinking of me. Guess it came from growing up in a very judgmental household where everything was black or white. I loved my parents, honest, but I've learned life is more about those gray areas and that nobody's perfect. And wasn't it some overly paid talk show feel good host that said something about we'd be surprised at how little time others really think about us?

I'm comfortable with my imperfections and mediocrity. I'm not here to please everybody, just to be kind to others and help when I can. And to devour peanut butter cup ice cream when it's on sale.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I think hate is too strong a word but I surely am never happy with myself on any day that ends in "y".
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Uma. Your other thread, you disappeared. I was hoping you would come back. I agree with the others about time and age making everything better.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Mr. Healthy is Mr. Guru!! Love it!

I used to hate myself, never ever felt as good as anyone else, always had that inferior feeling. Especially when I was around your age, Uma. That is 1 nice thing about getting older, less things bother you. You find different priorities.

Find ways to help others, whether it be an animal shelter or helping a child learn how to read, whatever it is.....reaching out to help others gives you a good feeling and takes that negative self-image out of your mind for awhile. Whatever it is that you're letting define you at the moment, if you truly don't like that about yourself take small steps to change it. Confidence and acceptance will grow, self love will develop over time.
    You seem like a super nice likeable reasonable(that's hard to find these days!! :))person so think about your positive qualities, I'm sure you have many!!
    Good luck :)

I’m 21 and I’m still bothered my people’s thoughts on me which what makes it harder to love myself cuz it’s all in my head yk but now I’m learning how to not care about what others think
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    I have a lot of those " I hate myself" days. Once in a while, I have those " I'm the best" days also. It's all in the mind. And I bet no one cares what we look like except ourselves.

This. My brain is my own enemy
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I kinda adore myself.

As you should love!!
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Mr_Healthy And we've all been recipients of Blessings, even if we might not feel like it all the time. Thank you for sharing your perspective. And it didn't cost us a dime. :) Let's face it, therapy doesn't come cheap. :/

I used to worry about every little thing I did, what people were thinking of me. Guess it came from growing up in a very judgmental household where everything was black or white. I loved my parents, honest, but I've learned life is more about those gray areas and that nobody's perfect. And wasn't it some overly paid talk show feel good host that said something about we'd be surprised at how little time others really think about us?

I'm comfortable with my imperfections and mediocrity. I'm not here to please everybody, just to be kind to others and help when I can. And to devour peanut butter cup ice cream when it's on sale.

This omg !!! Very cautious on what people think of me
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Uma. Your other thread, you disappeared. I was hoping you would come back. I agree with the others about time and age making everything better.

Yeah hopefully things get better and hiii nice to meet you again .
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    I used to be there. It's been a long slow journey (that's still ongoing!)

For me a couple of things have been really helpful.
    I genuinely believe that incremental progress is the key to happiness. For me it's been all sorts of things. Learnt to crochet, picked up yoga, did the couch to 5k, gradually improving my house... Etc etc. I'm always on a "project" because the self esteem boost from getting better at something and seeing yourself getting better is totally addictive.

Another thing that's been quite powerful but again quite slow is gratitude and positivity. I started off with a whole "fake it till you make it" attitude and started saying positive things about other people and then when I felt more practiced about myself. I also alongside this try to think about the things I'm grateful for. Sometimes I try to make this things I don't like. For example I have chunky thighs and so I think any how grateful I am that I have strong legs to walk with.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    I be coming through this thread...

Like I be coming through mfp...

Like I be coming through 2020...

Like come on Everybody!!! 💕

tenor.gif?itemid=1024752

😂
  • Diatonic12
    mqdefault.jpg
  • Diatonic12
    Uma, when I was a kid there was teacher who called me and another girl to the front of the class. She was blond and blue-eyed vs. me. The teacher said...girls, this is what you want to be like. See how she wears bright colors, very eye catching Blond girls have more fun. Then there's Diatonic. She's wearing brown and blah, blah, blah, more blathering at the mouth about outward appearance and looks.

I went home and told my Daddy. He did this one time and one time only. He went down to that school and straightened them out like a piece of wire. He would not tell me what he said. He dressed up in his finest suit and took the afternoon off which he never did. Then he said, kid...the rest is UP to you.

I do everything on my own terms. I don't let anyone pigeonhole me or peg me. No one can make me fit into their convenient groupings with corresponding analysis of what makes a person this way or that. I ain't no quitter that's for darned sure.

Do everything on your own terms. Do no harm but take no cr@p.