Finding your Happy Place šŸƒšŸ‚September-Decemberā„ļø

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Jill, you look AMAZING!! Congrats on the weight loss!

Elizabeth, your fur babies are so cute!

Karen, please post pics of your garden and flowers so we can all admire them!

If itā€™s not too much trouble, letā€™s keep putting our names in our posts so we can learn each othersā€™ ( or maybe Iā€™m just slow!)

Barb

Have a great weekend Everyone!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Hi, I'm Carly and the -ber months are my favorite time of the year (two of my three children have -ber birthdays and my husband and I both have -ber birthdays + add in all the holidays)!

I'm loving the positivity of this thread because I need more positivity in my life!!! Next month I turn 44. I ran my first Marathon this year (Austin Marathon). Running is my therapy; it started as a stress reliever from my job and I still use it for an attitude adjustment and anxiety reducer. My kids are 2, 13, and 17. I'm a stay at home mom since the birth of my little boy but planning to go back to work next school year. I'm learning how to garden, started in May after all this hit; I love gardening! I have tomatoes growing plus I have some jalapeno peppers and sweet potatoes and lavender and I'm going to try some new ones soon. I'm married 6 years but we've been together for almost 13. Love him but he's trying to stop smoking, not so successfully, and it's taxing on all of us. I see other Texans here. I'm not a native but I've been here for over 17 years. It's late and I'm going to bed but glad to be here and meet all of you.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,711 Member
    āœļø Weekly Check in information

Iā€™ve decided that Sundayā€™s are my check in day. You can check in on the day of your choice and use any format youā€™d like. Feel free to copy and paste!

Weekly goals:
    ~Lose 1 pound
    ~Drink lots of water
    ~Log Dailyā€”keep streak!
    ~Walk Roxie daily
    ~30 minutes of Daily movement
    ~Family time

Highest weight: 232.6 March 2019
    First/Final goal: Get under 200 pounds/Feel stronger and more energetic

šŸSundays in September šŸŽ
    6th: 212.5
    13th:
    20th:
    27th:

šŸ Sundays in OctoberšŸŽƒ
    4th:
    11th:
    18th:
    25th:

šŸŒ» Sundays in NovemberšŸŒ½
    1st:
    8th:
    15th:
    22nd:
    29th:

ā„ļøSundays in DecemberšŸŒ²
    6th:
    13th:
    20th:
    27th:

Weight lost in this challenge:
    Just kicked off!

Total weight lost so far:
    ā­ļø 20.1 pounds ā­ļø

Jillā¤ļø
  • jm216
    Hi, I'm Carly and the -ber months are my favorite time of the year (two of my three children have -ber birthdays and my husband and I both have -ber birthdays + add in all the holidays)!

I'm loving the positivity of this thread because I need more positivity in my life!!! Next month I turn 44. I ran my first Marathon this year (Austin Marathon). Running is my therapy; it started as a stress reliever from my job and I still use it for an attitude adjustment and anxiety reducer. My kids are 2, 13, and 17. I'm a stay at home mom since the birth of my little boy but planning to go back to work next school year. I'm learning how to garden, started in May after all this hit; I love gardening! I have tomatoes growing plus I have some jalapeno peppers and sweet potatoes and lavender and I'm going to try some new ones soon. I'm married 6 years but we've been together for almost 13. Love him but he's trying to stop smoking, not so successfully, and it's taxing on all of us. I see other Texans here. I'm not a native but I've been here for over 17 years. It's late and I'm going to bed but glad to be here and meet all of you.

Welcome Carly!

I love the ber months too!
    Weā€™re glad youā€™re here šŸ„°

Jill
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sunday is my weigh in day too. I actually went up 2 lbs this week. I had a huge cheat wknd last week and it spilled a bit over into this one.

What brings me joy? Well aside from eating chocolate covered raisins in my pantry... ā˜ŗļø

Seeing my daughters smile and learn new things. My youngest just started asking me the question ā€œmom, why you happy?ā€ when I smile at her and I say ā€œbecause I am looking at you!ā€ Also reading together at the end of the day is one of my favorite times. We all snuggle on my king size bed with a blanket.

Also pool weather brings me joy lately, especially since I bought my first bikini (high waisted but still) of my adult life. I seriously hadnā€™t worn a bikini probably since I was 6 years old. Thankfully we have a good friend with a backyard pool and will be spending our Labor Day relaxing poolside with burgers and hot dogs (no worries since Iā€™m bringing a chicken burger for me)

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

šŸ’–Diana
  • jm216
    Today's joy was picking up some litter. I went on a short walk today and realized how much joy and happiness I get when I pick up the trash around the neighborhood. Wishing you all a great day..Elizabeth

Below are obligatory pictures of Bug (cat) and Abby (dog).

vq0cszi3st6q.jpg
    331kobt2mfd9.jpg
    q0tywwp59asu.jpg

Elizabeth,

Bug and Abby are beautiful! My daughter and I volunteer at a local shelter- Adopt a Pet
    And we love to help socialize the cats and dogs by playing with them. ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Jill
  • jm216
    Sunday is my weigh in day too. I actually went up 2 lbs this week. I had a huge cheat wknd last week and it spilled a bit over into this one.

What brings me joy? Well aside from eating chocolate covered raisins in my pantry... ā˜ŗļø

Seeing my daughters smile and learn new things. My youngest just started asking me the question ā€œmom, why you happy?ā€ when I smile at her and I say ā€œbecause I am looking at you!ā€ Also reading together at the end of the day is one of my favorite times. We all snuggle on my king size bed with a blanket.

Also pool weather brings me joy lately, especially since I bought my first bikini (high waisted but still) of my adult life. I seriously hadnā€™t worn a bikini probably since I was 6 years old. Thankfully we have a good friend with a backyard pool and will be spending our Labor Day relaxing poolside with burgers and hot dogs (no worries since Iā€™m bringing a chicken burger for me)

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend.

šŸ’–Diana

Congrats on wearing a bikini! Thatā€™s awesome!šŸ‘ We love our pool, too. That was one of the main reasons we bought our house.

Itā€™s so nice that youā€™re close to your daughters. I, too, am so thankful for my family.
  • LoveyChar
    @sweetdianachka That's so sweet... Before you know it they are all grown up and preparing to leave off to college... So we need to make all the good memories we can now... Have fun at the pool today.

@jm216 I love that you volunteer at the animal shelter. Our dog, an only pet, is a pound puppy and she's been with us since she was 8 weeks old; She will be 9 years old in April. I'm so against breeders... don't get me started on puppy mills...
  • LoveyChar
    Yesterday evening, the lake has brought us much joy this summer. My little boy gets so excited just to know he's going swimming. He won't get in his floaty or wear his water wings, just clings to one of us and splashes. I love it!
    flcvlzf64lxq.jpg
  • silentwolf7
    silentwolf7 Posts: 4 Member
    My name is Bonny
    Iā€™m 56, have been happily married for almost 30 years. I have 28 and 25 year old sons, and a 27 year old daughter and a wonderful daughter-in-law. I have been on my fitness pal on and off for the past 5 to 7 years and Iā€™m starting over again. My starting weight is 202 and Iā€™m now at 196 after less than a month. Itā€™s been a struggle and have a lot of stress going on these past few years. Dealing with some health issues but finally found a doctor who is giving me some help, so losing weight can be a struggle but I feel I am going to do this. My mini goal weight is 160, My goal weight is 140. I live in Phoenix and of course Iā€™m sure most people have heard itā€™s been a horrible, hot year. So going outside is very tough. I feel sorry for my walking buddy Koda. It keeps us from being able to walk on the trails, I make sure that I do at least 6000 steps a day and my job in healthcare helps me do that. I look forward to talking with everyone and helping with the support needed. I have included pictures of my walking support Koda and my love support Chewey and Moo.
  • silentwolf7
    silentwolf7 Posts: 4 Member
    Hope I did this right, Iā€™m not real techie
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Love this thread. Need the positivity!
    Iā€™m just sitting on my deck, trying to get motivated for some more yard work. Iā€™m taking refuge in flowers and garden today. Here is a picture from our herb garden - chives in bloom and full of bees and butterflies.
    ~ Samand
  • jm216
    Yesterday evening, the lake has brought us much joy this summer. My little boy gets so excited just to know he's going swimming. He won't get in his floaty or wear his water wings, just clings to one of us and splashes. I love it!
    flcvlzf64lxq.jpg

He is so sweet! ā¤ļø
  • LoveyChar
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    flcvlzf64lxq.jpg

He is so sweet! ā¤ļø

Thank you ā¤ļø!
  • jm216
    My name is Bonny
    Iā€™m 56, have been happily married for almost 30 years. I have 28 and 25 year old sons, and a 27 year old daughter and a wonderful daughter-in-law. I have been on my fitness pal on and off for the past 5 to 7 years and Iā€™m starting over again. My starting weight is 202 and Iā€™m now at 196 after less than a month. Itā€™s been a struggle and have a lot of stress going on these past few years. Dealing with some health issues but finally found a doctor who is giving me some help, so losing weight can be a struggle but I feel I am going to do this. My mini goal weight is 160, My goal weight is 140. I live in Phoenix and of course Iā€™m sure most people have heard itā€™s been a horrible, hot year. So going outside is very tough. I feel sorry for my walking buddy Koda. It keeps us from being able to walk on the trails, I make sure that I do at least 6000 steps a day and my job in healthcare helps me do that. I look forward to talking with everyone and helping with the support needed. I have included pictures of my walking support Koda and my love support Chewey and Moo.

Welcome Bonny!

Your family is beautiful including your fur babies! Glad youā€™re here. ā­ļø
  • jm216
    Hi Terri!

Welcome! 54 years of marriage is incredible.šŸ‘. You are our inspiration.

Jill
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    I will try to post pictures of my garden (technology is not always my friend LOL). We had our 22 month old granddaughter all day yesterday and overnight. Talk about joy! She keeps me running but also keeps me laughing. We feel blessed that she seems just as comfortable with us as she does at home with her parents. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Karen
  • kiwatyleri
    kiwatyleri Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! Iā€™m Alice, new in the thread. I love the idea of positivity. Looking forward to the holiday season!!