123 pounds down now

hey all i haven't posted in a while so as the title states I've now lost 123 pounds in a little over a year. Im not done yet but I'm in a great groove at this point so I know i will succeed. I probably have 50 pounds or so left but as I go I reevaluate my goals. I started over 350 pounds a day currently sit at 228 I'm 5'7 so still a bit heavy for my height but overall feeling great and looking forward to seeing what year two brings.

Replies

• That’s encouraging! Congratulations!
  • Gilligan67
    Gilligan67 Posts: 8 Member
    Awesome Job! Keep up the hard work...
  • Walkingwithdogs
    Walkingwithdogs Posts: 69 Member
    Wowza.....that's brilliant well done...
  • Most excellent! Keep up all the hard work you look fantastic!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    You are a rock star my man, congrats brother.
  • dvmmcw8020
    dvmmcw8020 Posts: 242 Member
    Incredible accomplishment!!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Beautiful. I'm always blown away when someone comes forward to center stage after doing all of the hard work.
    Seeing is believing. Show me the way. <3
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 329 Member
    Looking strong! Also, your shirt from the first pic is really funny.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    wtg, alot of hard work, what a difference.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    That's an amazing achievement!
  • michellenoel1
    michellenoel1 Posts: 12 Member
    Wow! Look at those guns. You are very inspiring.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Somehow, you look decades younger! Nice work!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Your consistent hard work and dedication is showing. Congratulations and wishing you continued success on your future goals.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Congratulations! The hard work is really paying off!
  • angiemain99
    angiemain99 Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations! I am just starting my journey and have about 100-110 pounds to lose. It's overwhelming. What plans are you all following? There is so much information out there...my head is spinning...keto, calorie counting, ww, low carb? Appreciate any suggestions about what is working for those of you who have lost a significant amount :)
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Congratulations! I am just starting my journey and have about 100-110 pounds to lose. It's overwhelming. What plans are you all following? There is so much information out there...my head is spinning...keto, calorie counting, ww, low carb? Appreciate any suggestions about what is working for those of you who have lost a significant amount :)

This is some of the most solid fitness advice there is - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And also, all of this - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • CurleGirl
    CurleGirl Posts: 1 Member
    Good for you!!! Looks like you have a young child - your endeavors will allow you to do so many more activities and sports with him; and, watch him graduate, get married and maybe one day bless you with Grandchildren. Keep focused and working on your goals. You've got this!
  • Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member

When i started i was prediabetic with stage 2 hypertension so I began keto and used that for about 5 months. After that point everything was in check and since I started hitting the weights I started to add back in carbs. I eat pretty much everything at this point but I still avoid sugar for the most part and occasionally cut carbs and switch eating styles depending on mood. I never eat back the exercise calories the app says you can have because when i would the scale wouldn't move. Be patient and consistent even if you have a slip up brush it off and get back after it.
  • Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member
    Congratulations, you are doing very well. Love your positive mindset. I am same height as you, started out with 108lbs to lose, still have 68lbs to go. Like you I am determined!

its a good place to be compared to the starting point and the little things people can do movement wise become a big deal when you can do them lol. Keep it up and feel free to add me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!