My "petty" reason I hate corona

Replies

• jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    jelleigh wrote: »
    Can i just say that i love this thread? A bit of a lighthearted acknowledgement of the irritations that, in the big picture are not that huge, but on the daily just kinda drive us nutso. lol

My husband and I are travelers. Like - we move to a new country every few years and live from there. Spending 6 months in my home country makes me get the 'travel itch' . Now we can't travel, and we can't really even plan our next destination so life feels on hold. The upside is we've taken this 'down time' to get serious about our health. My husband gifted me a llama pinata full of gold coins last week on our anniversary. For each week we follow our fitness/diet plan, we earn coins, and when we collect them all, we get to plan our trip to Machu Pichu/South America. (hoping by then travel plans will be feasible)

Y'all sound like some very cool people 😎 and what husband buys a llama pinata and then fills it with gold coins!?! I really hope your plans work out! In the meantime...enjoy getting healthy so you can better navigate Machu Pichu!
    Thanks!!
    Lol ya he's a creative guy lol. Although I should probably clarify that they weren't REAL gold coins! lol Just tokens to represent success. (not even the chocolate type! ;) )
    We've always wanted to hike the Inca trail but quite honestly are probably way too out of shape to do it. So this gives us a year or so to get in shape and that will be our big reward!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    My petty reason is that I can't ever get a gym slot I want. Which is ultra petty because I am a member of two gyms and I can always get a gym slot I want in one of them. But the other has a trap bar and I want to use it. Waah, waah, waah.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Can't go wine tasting w/o making a reservation anymore.

Ruins the sponeneity of winery hoping in Napa, Sonoma, Livermore and the Central Valley of CA near where I live.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    My petty reason is that I used to love grocery shopping, and now I hate it and I hate all my fellow shoppers 😂. Someone is always standing in my way or fondling the produce or drifting down the middle of the aisle in a daze or going through the checkout line with their mask pulled down, hoping the poor checkout girl calls them on it so they can go off on how their rights are being violated.

I made these masks and that made me feel better 😂

[Image clipped for quote]

(But for real I’m a lil worried that these feelings of disgust, fear and rage toward other humans are going to stick around long after the virus has left)

You cannot have explained my feeling on grocery shopping better. This is EXACTLY how I feel. I used to love vaguely wandering around the shop, looking at all the food, planning what I might use it for. I really enjoyed that alone time while also being productive.

Now I just want to be in and out a quick as possible.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    E-learning isn't working well at all for my kids (20 minutes of class and then all day Fortnite), all my clothes are way too big and I'm not buying anything I can't try on (not making 20 trips back and forth to find the right sizes), and why in the world can I never find any diet Dr Pepper?? That's my caffeine source since I hate coffee.

Shortage of cans. They are concentrating on packaging best sellers
  • Ionanut
    Ionanut Posts: 1 Member
    I miss hugs.... My state is pretty open so I get to do most of the same stuff. So I am very blessed that way. But it's hard to see my mom and not hug.
  • Theoldguy1
    edited September 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    My petty reason is that I used to love grocery shopping, and now I hate it and I hate all my fellow shoppers 😂. Someone is always standing in my way or fondling the produce or drifting down the middle of the aisle in a daze or going through the checkout line with their mask pulled down, hoping the poor checkout girl calls them on it so they can go off on how their rights are being violated.

272rqsj3s63c.jpeg

(But for real I’m a lil worried that these feelings of disgust, fear and rage toward other humans are going to stick around long after the virus has left)

Not cool when young kids at the store have to see that.

tbh if they have Internet access, go to school with peers, or otherwise have at least near average vision, they've come across worse...just today alone. Trust me, the kids'll be alright as long as their parents/guardians are parenting.

They will, but sure don't need this type of "help". Just because they can access it doesn't mean a "mature" adult should be forcing them to see it in a public place.

If you have kids would you want the neighbor to be yelling eff this, eff that MF'er, when he/she was out in their yard and your kids were out playing?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

272rqsj3s63c.jpeg

Not cool when young kids at the store have to see that.

P.S. if you didn’t like that mask, you’re gonna REALLY hate this one 😂

ecv4ig8yqjfv.jpeg

You're right, stupid people feel they have to wear that kind of stuff in public.