I hit a plateau in my cutting journey. What to do.

Hi, i started off weighing in @ 210lbs and i am now 189.2. I’ve been doing so great and now i feel the progress getting slower and slower and im getting unmotivated. I dont know what to do, i have 10 more pounds to go i really want this bad and soon. Any tips??

Replies

• nasfloran
    nasfloran Posts: 8 Member
    I’m in a deficit, i go to the gym 6/7 a week, i do cardio and i eat healthy. Just been slow
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    If you only have 10 lbs to lose that's going to be really slow. Healthy weight loss is .5 lbs a week. You have to be counting everything carefully. Are you using a food scale?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2020
    How long since you have been stalled at the current weight?

How many calories per day do you eat? And how accurate is your logging? How often do you use a food scale?

Ps-opening your food diary could generate more targeted suggested.
  • apdurden
    apdurden Posts: 6 Member
    You probably also need to lower your daily calorie intake. Your total daily energy expenditure at 189 is going to be lower than when you were at 210.
  • nasfloran
    harper16 wrote: »
    If you only have 10 lbs to lose that's going to be really slow. Healthy weight loss is .5 lbs a week. You have to be counting everything carefully. Are you using a food scale?
    Yes i count my food with a scale and usually eat the same general stuff so my diet hasnt changed

• nasfloran
    How long since you have been stalled at the current weight?
    Since August 25th ive been at 189-190
    How many calories per day do you eat? I eat 2,100 And how accurate is your logging? How often do you use a food scale? Logging is very accurate and i use a scale with everything. I generally eat the same meals just switch it up everyday.

Ps-opening your food diary could generate more targeted suggested.

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    nasfloran wrote: »
    harper16 wrote: »
    Yes i count my food with a scale and usually eat the same general stuff so my diet hasnt changed

Have you re entered your new weight into mfp to get an updated calorie count? You may no longer be eating at as much of a deficit as you thought. With only 10 lbs to go, are you paying attention to your macros? You probably need to be really on point with so little left to lose. Also, as already stated expecting more than a .5 loss per week at this point is not realistic.