In search of

Options

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea , sure you can borrow him! But fair warning, while he has decent knowledge on Bourbon he is a loud phone/video conference call talker. So if you’re sharing the same WFH space be warned that you’ll be distracted. So I guess...

ISO some kind of invisible sound proofing bubble I can put up on my section of the dinning room table which has served as a joint WFH space. 🙂🙃
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    ISO: a top tier (ideally Canadian) whiskey/bourbon

I didn't realize there was such a thing as "Canadian Bourbon". Where is our MFP bourbon expert?

Do not listen to anything I say about alcohol. I really only started getting into it since the pandemic started (let's not dwell on this, moving on).

I know zilch about any of it and apparently still have MUCH to learn about bourbon and whiskey...which is also...rye?! Speaking of which...
    fstrickl wrote: »
    @MaltedTea , sure you can borrow him! But fair warning, while he has decent knowledge on Bourbon he is a loud phone/video conference call talker. So if you’re sharing the same WFH space be warned that you’ll be distracted. So I guess...

ISO some kind of invisible sound proofing bubble I can put up on my section of the dinning room table which has served as a joint WFH space. 🙂🙃

Hard pass but no thanks 🤣 I'm distracted by imaginary dust 🤷🏿‍♀️ Any other tutors out there for me?

(... proceeds to provide her WhatsApp and KiK handles...)

Or is that solely for other conversation?
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Technically you cannot get a Canadian bourbon because in order to be bourbon is HAS to be made in Kentucky. Kinda like how really champagne is only real champagne if it’s from the Champagne region in France. Canadian whiskey is rye.

But I’m just going off the info from my Bourbon snob SO. His go to is Knobb Creek or Bullet, his fancy is Single Barrel Four Roses or Blantons. We live in Canada and can get all here...or at least could. I’m sure others will know WAY more than I.

I beg to differ on the champagne argument. Dom Perignon is produce in Hautville in Northern France, although technically in the champagne region it is a grey area; and is the absolute dom of champagne. Yes I said dom and not don because it makes me its *kitten*. Sigh. Lightweight here.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Technically you cannot get a Canadian bourbon because in order to be bourbon is HAS to be made in Kentucky. Kinda like how really champagne is only real champagne if it’s from the Champagne region in France. Canadian whiskey is rye.

But I’m just going off the info from my Bourbon snob SO. His go to is Knobb Creek or Bullet, his fancy is Single Barrel Four Roses or Blantons. We live in Canada and can get all here...or at least could. I’m sure others will know WAY more than I.

I beg to differ on the champagne argument. Dom Perignon is produce in Hautville in Northern France, although technically in the champagne region it is a grey area; and is the absolute dom of champagne. Yes I said dom and not don because it makes me its *kitten*. Sigh. Lightweight here.

I thought it was only champagne if it came from France period? Everything else is sparkling wine?
  • ghudson92
    Options

I thought it was only champagne if it came from France period? Everything else is sparkling wine?

Yes you are correct - if produced in France it is Champagne. The OP suggested it was narrowed down further to just the Champagne region (no disrespect towards OP intended here), which could potentially discount Dom Perignon and that just won't do.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    This has all gotten too fancy for me, I'll just be in the corner drinkin gasoline with the rest of the plebs

*toasts your glass with a can of paint thinner*
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    iso a nice place up north on 10 or so acres with a nice set back, water/mineral rights, 3 bed 2 ba, room for tornado/bugout shelter. pond and treed lot preferred.
  • ghudson92
    Options
    This has all gotten too fancy for me, I'll just be in the corner drinkin gasoline with the rest of the plebs

My humblest apology for derailing the thread with pedantry.
  • fstrickl
    Options

Yes you are correct - if produced in France it is Champagne. The OP suggested it was narrowed down further to just the Champagne region (no disrespect towards OP intended here), which could potentially discount Dom Perignon and that just won't do.

I didn’t know that, perhaps Dom has been fighting for recognition as true Champagne and thus has influenced the world in where champagne comes from. I’m really not that posh, but once before I knew better I made a mimosa with Don 😬. If it’s from Italy it’s called Prosecco, right?.

You can add any type of bubble to gasoline and paint thinner for a little extra pep @Reckoner69_lmao and @sweet_ermengarde 😜
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

I didn’t know that, perhaps Dom has been fighting for recognition as true Champagne and thus has influenced the world in where champagne comes from. I’m really not that posh, but once before I knew better I made a mimosa with Don 😬. If it’s from Italy it’s called Prosecco, right?.

You can add any type of bubble to gasoline and paint thinner for a little extra pep @Reckoner69_lmao and @sweet_ermengarde 😜

Prosecco is Italian sparkling wine, true. LOL @ Dom fighting for recognition as a true champagne. Honestly you have me giggling so hard at my desk my coworkers think I'm already drinking.

Eh... drink what you like whether is Dom or Don... it doesn't matter if champagne or prosecco or sparkling wine.... If you like it in your mimosa, cheers.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

Prosecco is Italian sparkling wine, true. LOL @ Dom fighting for recognition as a true champagne. Honestly you have me giggling so hard at my desk my coworkers think I'm already drinking.

Eh... drink what you like whether is Dom or Don... it doesn't matter if champagne or prosecco or sparkling wine.... If you like it in your mimosa, cheers.

i got a bottle of 190 proof alcohol the other day can i use that in a mimosa
  • ghudson92
    Options

I'm with @GymGoddessGoals in that if it goes in a mimosa it's all good. I was being pedantic because I spent £35 on a glass of Dom once and I'll be dammed if it isn't Champagne at that price 😑
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Um.. yes. You might like it better if you cork a melon and pour it in though.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

Um.. yes. You might like it better if you cork a melon and pour it in though.

oh lawd when that high-test melon hits
    VTT3np1.gif
  • fstrickl
    Options

I'm with @GymGoddessGoals in that if it goes in a mimosa it's all good. I was being pedantic because I spent £35 on a glass of Dom once and I'll be dammed if it isn't Champagne at that price 😑

I hope you did this when you paid for it
    0a5ulomujc7o.gif

cause that’s BA 😉🥂

(Now I want an Aperol Spritz)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    iso a nice place up north on 10 or so acres with a nice set back, water/mineral rights, 3 bed 2 ba, room for tornado/bugout shelter. pond and treed lot preferred.

Same here, plus a rich man who'll buy it for me, maintain it with me, cook for me, fix my computer and do renovations for me, and then leave me completely alone when I want my alone time. He can sleep in a tent on the other side of our property or up in our romantic getaway tree house. It's gotta have blueberries, blackberries and apple trees too. Space for a garden.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Same here, plus a rich man who'll buy it for me, maintain it with me, cook for me, fix my computer and do renovations for me, and then leave me completely alone when I want my alone time. He can sleep in a tent on the other side of our property or up in our romantic getaway tree house. It's gotta have blueberries, blackberries and apple trees too. Space for a garden.

Sooooo close. I’m on 22 or so acres.
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ISO a hair dye remover that actually works.