Reinventing the Breakfast Egg White Sandwich- Add your ideas

Options
One of my go-to grab-and-go breakfasts is the egg white sandwich. I have been trying to find ways to jazz it up and create some variety and am wondering if you have some ideas and recipes to share.

I started with a whole wheat english muffin, laughing cow wedge, egg whites and turkey. Yummy but basic. Just recently I started making one with a whole wheat english muffin, goat cheese, egg whites, smoked salmon, tomato slice and arugula (very yummy!).

Do you have anymore ideas for me???!

I just discovered a new bagel thins product (only 110 calories each!) I am dying to try out!

Replies

• trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    thomas bagel thin
    egg white
    spinach
    avacado slice
    pepper jack cheese
    chicken sausage
  • janicelandrum
    Options
    One of my go-to grab-and-go breakfasts is the egg white sandwich. I have been trying to find ways to jazz it up and create some variety and am wondering if you have some ideas and recipes to share.

I started with a whole wheat english muffin, laughing cow wedge, egg whites and turkey. Yummy but basic. Just recently I started making one with a whole wheat english muffin, goat cheese, egg whites, smoked salmon, tomato slice and arugula (very yummy!).

Do you have anymore ideas for me???!

I just discovered a new bagel thins product (only 110 calories each!) I am dying to try out!
  • shtaylor
    Options
    Try some Canadian Bacon, it is only 20 calories per slice. I purchase Land of Frost brand.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I use the English muffin but only half (open top sandwich) and I add turkey, pepperjack cheese, spinach, tomato, onion, green pepper, and jalapenos. Sometimes just pour salsa on top. I like your version, I think I'll try it.

I also do Subway's 6 inch flatbread with egg whites, turkey, cheese, and ALL the veggies...then I throw the bread away and eat it like a sandwich.:smile:
  • janicelandrum
    Options
    How about sauteeing veggies in the pan before adding the egg whites? Onions, mushrooms, slivers of pepper, tomato, spinach, in olive oil or olive oil spray?

This will be lower-fat than with cheese and turkey, and will still have plenty of protein.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    Eggs ( I use the whole egg)
    1 Cup of Spinach
    1/4 cup of Feta Cheese (If your watching fat, you can use the reduced fat kind)

I eat this almost every morning it's delicious and keeps ya full!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I add in sauteed zuchini garlic and sundried tomato....and maybe some feta :)
  • ahamiter
    Options
    Thomas Sandwich thin
    egg whites
    light veggie cream cheese
    spinach, mushrooms, onions
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I usually sautee some onion and mushrooms in the skillet before I add my egg whites. Sometimes I'll also add some broccoli, squash, eggplant, or spinach. If I'm in a hurry I'll wrap it in a La Tortilla Factory low carb wrap (only 50 cals and 7g fiber). Some days I'll add some reduced fat cheese or some salsa. If I have leftover taco meat, that always goes in too. Otherwise a slice of uncured turkey bacon or uncured ham can add even more protein to the mix. I figure almost anything that you could think to put in an omlette works fine as a scramble or sandwich too.
  • sparkle1212
    sparkle1212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love egg sandwiches so this thread so I love all these ideas! This is how I make mine - open face with toasted Ezekial bread, then one cooked egg with 2 percent marbled cheese slice. Sometimes canadian bacon too.
  • sparkle1212
    sparkle1212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love egg sandwiches so this thread so I love all these ideas! This is how I make mine - open face with toasted Ezekial bread, then one cooked egg with 2 percent marbled cheese slice. Sometimes canadian bacon too.
  • shampooplanet
    shampooplanet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the bagel thins so much that I bought a mega pack of them from Costco! Not sure how they would work for a breakfast sandwich, though.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Cut some strawberries up thinly and add them. I know it sounds strange but strawberries work with lots of things :D
  • smithdnj
    Options
    The strawberry thing sounds interesting.. I'll have to check that out
  • lori8431
    Options
    strawberries are great with egg whites.
  • Emi_Pie
    Options
    Oh yummy! Thank you guys for all the tips- I can't wait to try them all out!!