Brides to be! Sept-Oct. (closed group)

Options

Replies

• poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I forgot about it Monday, so I checked in today. Weight only went down a pound, but I did lose 4 inches from my waist and bust! No change in my "good child bearing" hips though hahaha
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hm, what should our first mini challenge be? Dietary or exercise?

I vote exercise!
  • cshapiro926
    Options
    I know this is a closed group and I guess I am taking a chance ...

I am getting married in Nov. (11/11/11) and looking for a group for support :)
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'll be clearing out the non-participants this weekend and then you can take a spot.
  • cshapiro926
    Options
    great! thanks!! let me know!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    Alright, I figured out the mini challenge. 15 squats a day until the next weigh in.

Random thought: sometimes I think I could be a life coach if I were in better shape. I'm a bit too lazy for it though.
  • tiggerfan
    Options
    cool, done my 15 squats for the day, and also done the ones in 30 DS
  • uncurvymotivation
    Options
    I'll be clearing out the non-participants this weekend and then you can take a spot.

if i can take one too, my engagement party is in febuary i need help! lol
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just did my 15 squats! I'm going to try to up it by 5 squats per day until the weigh-in!

Just a tip: I have a piece of string that I use to take my measurements. I guess you could use measuring tape but I don't have that, so I use a tape measure to measure the string after I put it around whatever I want to measure. I have the string tied around the refrigerator handle, so every time I go to the kitchen, I am reminded to make good choices. It's been helpful so far!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    There are a bunch of places hiring close to my house. I need to apply so I can get Operation: Decent Wedding Budget underway. More than a wedding budget, I really just want to get rid of my student loans so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck.

I at least will get a seasonal job if the restaurants that I'm about to apply to don't work out. Something is better than nothing!
  • poisongirl1
    Options
    There are a bunch of places hiring close to my house. I need to apply so I can get Operation: Decent Wedding Budget underway. More than a wedding budget, I really just want to get rid of my student loans so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck.

I at least will get a seasonal job if the restaurants that I'm about to apply to don't work out. Something is better than nothing!

Good luck with the job hunt! I can't believe how expensive wedding things can be! After finding out prices for reception venues and churches in the city I'm getting married in, I realized I've got to up my budget a few thousand, boo. I'm glad I don't have to worry about student loans on top of that! I just sealed and addressed envelopes with my church and officiant deposits, and it's going to make me so sad to see that money go. Now I've just got to get off my *kitten* and find a mailbox though haha

In challenge news I've just done my 15 squats for the day. I forgot to do them yesterday so I'm going to do a round two in a minute to make up for it!
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    My thighs are sore today! Woo hoo! I think I may have forgotten to do my squats on Friday so I too am going to try to do a 2nd round today. I did 20 yesterday so that means I need to do 25 then 30! Gonna be intense, we'll see if I can get there. I like these easy to reach mini challenges.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow!
  • uncurvymotivation
    Options
    measurements are in for week two :) thanks for letting me join~ :)
  • jesstiger81
    Options
    Down another pound and a couple more inches! I am happy with the results so far, I just hope it sticks. I am confident about trying on my dress this weekend. Also, since I am going to visit my fiance, I know I will probably have a 1lb loss for next Monday too LOL. Seems I always lose no matter what when I visit him. I just don't get it. Must be the humidity in Pensacola LOL!

I would be more thrilled with 2lbs per week, but right now I am happy with 1 because while gradual, I feel like it will stick. It's slower progress but I really feel like I have this figured out. I haven't seen 178 on the scale in probably 6 years.

I am going to focus more on doing strength exercises than cardio right now. I want to get a steady loss with only changing my eating habits a little bit, then I will add cardio back when I need a boost. I think part of my plateau problem was I was eating a little, burning calories doing Zumba, and either:

1) Not eating enough calories back to get a net of at least 1200/day because I underestimated the amount of calories I ate
    2) Eating too many calories back to get my net because I overestimated

I got really frustrated with counting calories for a while, but I think I finally got it!

I really liked the squats challenge! Are we going to start a new challenge today?

That's my long post for the week. Good luck everyone with your weigh ins!!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I want to formally apologize to my fellow challenge members for wasting this week and gaining weight. I feel bad. I'm at 132 as of this morning, and my starting goal was to get down to 125 by the end of the challenge. I'm going to have to work hard to do it!
  • poisongirl1
    Options
    Entered my new measurements! Only down 1lb and a whole 0.5 inch. I think it's time to bust my *kitten* and exercise some more...
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Sorry I am unable to post my measurements and weight today, but I promise I will do it first thing tomorrow morning!
    (I forgot it was today and ate and drank and exercised and etc, so they wouldn't be accurate...)
    I hope everyone is doing great on their wedding endeavors thus far! And I can't wait to see everyone's improvements this week!
  • nicothepotato
    Options
    I woke up late and didn't get a chance to weigh in and measure before sprinting to work on my bike. I slept for a total of 30 minutes last night and didn't fall asleep until my alarm went off to wake me up in the morning. I have problems with insomnia so I'll take some of my pills tonight. I think I'm just stress about car stuff and money stuff.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I measured yesterday and entered them onto the spreadsheet but I haven't weighed myself yet, since I don't have a scale at home and I didn't go to the gym on either Sunday or yesterday. I'll weigh in tonight, even though I'm not looking forward to it since I think I ate my body weight in sushi yesterday at lunch.:noway:

It was a special lunch though, I took my bestie out for sushi and asked her to be my maid of honor! I also took my sister out for a light dinner and asked her to be my bridesmaid. I wish I could ask the 3rd in person, but she lives 5 hours away.

Wedding plans are coming along though! My FI and I are going to tour our preffered venue tomorrow night, so I am very excited that we can hopefully secure our date for real and then I can go dress shopping!

@Princessmikayla--it could just be water weight. Don't beat yourself up!!! I forgive you.

@Jesstiger--slow progress is good I think! My progress has been very slow--but it's working. Keep it up!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful week!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    just a question: do you think it is ok to not send out save the dates and just mail out the invites 3 or 4 months prior to the wedding? or do I go ahead and make save the dates and send them out then mail out my invites a couple months later? I wanted to get save the dates out a couple of months ago but didnt have the money. and now I am wondering if I should even spend my money on them or get nicer invites with the money and send them out... all thoughts would be helpful! tia