High protein meals no meat

mawmishdave
mawmishdave Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2020 in Recipes
I have been changing out beans for meat in my dinner on the weekdays. It's just cheap, healthy, and tasty.
Would anyone have any ideas of other things I could use besides beans to add a lot of protein for the dinner?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Seitan, tofu, tempeh, dairy products, eggs. Also, as an adjunct, consider that some grains or grain-equivalents (like quinoa) have more protein than others, that high-protein pasta is now quite widely available (various types, with pros/cons), that some veggies have more protein than others, etc. If you get a little lower protein from your main dish, but a little more in your sides, you can end up at roughly the same total. There are also ingredients like nutritional yeast or real miso that bring a bit of protein to a dish (soup, casserole, sauce, etc.). (Yeah, miso is beans, mostly . . . .).
  • tushitatravellogue
    tushitatravellogue Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2020
    Have you considered lentils .. they are a great source of protein too ... Alos chia or basil seeds ..
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Greek yogurt, eggs, canned tuna all reasonably priced per serving.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Chickpeas are great as well.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    If you are looking for complementary grains, amaranth (a pseudocereal) has a different protein mix than the cereal grains. I believe it has more lysine than wheat. You can eat it as a whole grain as porridge or puff it and put it in a salad. I always feel like I'm playing with my food when I eat amaranth. :-)

Also if you are trying to get your protein from plant sources I don't think you have to make sure you get a full complement of proteins all in one sitting. You can get different types of proteins across the day and still meet your needs.

• 6zdlvd60z7wi.jpg

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Hi. I'm a vegetarian, lifter, and on and off again eating the right proteins person. When I'm eating right, here's things I do regularly:
    -eggs for breakfast
    -dinner is usually grilled burgers (boca), no bun, side of veggies *OR* Gardein "pork" bites or mandarin "chicken" with vegetables (these are like stir fries)
    -PROTEIN SHAKES (currently using vega sport, plus vegan BCAA's)
    -also, use quinoa instead of rice- higher protein content.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    This and it’s so yummy. I am eating it now. It’s beans but you dont really taste them.

https://asimplepalate.com/blog/creamy-cauliflower-soup-vegan/