Foods you’ve recently found that help you diet?

Here are some recent foods that I found (new to me) that help with dieting and of course some that everyone know:

- All of the riced cauliflower bags from Green giant.

- Cauliflower fried rice from Trader Joe’s.

- Healthy Choice “simply” Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Stirfry, both low cal and filling for me

- Trader Joe’s Tzatziki sauce
- Trader Joe’s low cal guacamole (made with greek yogurt)

- all of the quest protein bars and quest chips with guac above

- tru grill chicken bags from target. Just super easy and quick portion controlled titles chicken.

Some other staples that have been helping:

Sugar free yogurt and puddings
Blueberries
Salsa

Have any recent finds? They don’t have to be new just new to you that you find helpful for an ongoing deficit?

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Leafy greens, cauliflower and broccoli, decaf coffee with nutpod non dairy creamer, herbal teas, sugar free jello, protein powder, glucomannan powder
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Birchbenders

I'm making everything with it. Add it to my omelettes to make them light and fluffy. Crepes, pancakes, bread, mini cakes/cookies. You can throw it up against the wall and it sticks. It is one versatile product.

https://birchbenders.com/collections/pancake-waffle-mix
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Popcorn seeds, oil, and Kernel Seasons topping. I use a microwave popper. 1 teaspoon of oil is all that's needed for the toppings to stick.

Individual ice cream cups have been great this summer. Unfortunately they don't come in Breyer's pumpkin spice.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    lemon juice in water, ginger for digestion, flavored water, broccoli, mushrooms, steak, fish, avocado oil, coconut oil, a multivitamin, fish oil that has been molecularly distilled, chia seeds, ground flaxseed
  • Goldrusher
    Goldrusher Posts: 12 Member
    Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dogs only 45 calories each. Put them on a warmed Mission Flour Carb Balance tortilla. Only 70 calories and like 14 grams of fiber . Put on2 tablespoons GREAT VALUE HOT DOG SAUCE at only 10 calories a tablespoon onions and mustard, roll up and they are only 135 each!!!!! and soooo good!!
  • Goldrusher
    Or use 12 tablespoons of Great Value Egg substitute or Egg Beaters. Only 100 calories and then put 2-4tablesppoon of GREAT VALUE Hot DOG Sauce on it with onions adnda bit of shredded cheese if you like. 120-140 calories for a huge Chili omelet!!
  • Goldrusher
    Raymundo's gelatin cups with fruit. 20 calories per cup!!
  • thefatcycler
    thefatcycler Posts: 2 Member
    Sushi, burrito supremes, big Mac meals, and plenty of starbucks. Lost 17lbs in a month on mostly this. I only cook at home about twice a month.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I finally tried spaghetti squash. I’m in love. I made some homemade meatballs to go with it and sprinkle with 1/2 a serving of mozzarella cheese and a serving of sauce. Yum!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Dark leafy greens, Broccoli, Tofu and Plant based protein powders
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Cottage cheese really saves me when I'm running low on calories and I still need to eat dinner later in the day. Usually I'll bring a 100 calorie raspberry or pineapple Good Culture pack with me to work and it keeps me from gnawing my hand off lol.

I also love diet soda (I know, I know) or flavored sparkling water to tide any cravings as well. It's a temporary fix but it works.
  • gallantria
    gallantria Posts: 54 Member
    I am in love with Good Thins crackers. I especially love the Jalapeno and Lime flavor!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Cauliflower Crust Pizza - but not for the reason you’re thinking!

I’ve been trying to find this item for some time in the supermarkets near me in the UK for a while, finally spotted one this weekend.

Made by a company called ‘No dough co’ - Vegan Margarita Pizza.

Decided to eat it last night, quite curious about how it would be! Followed instructions on the box - heat oven, remove packaging, place directly on oven shelf, set timer.

Looked pretty good when I opened the oven but there the problem started! It was stuck firmly to the shelf...I tried everything, but it wasn’t going to come off neatly! Resorted to just getting it off any way I could...most of it ended up on the oven door handle, dripping through the handle mechanism (Neff Slide’n’Hide) inside the oven, on the floor, with less than a third on a plate! (My oven is always sparkling clean btw, so wasn’t worried).

So not only did I eat a tiny portion of pizza, but I had all the extra NEAT this morning thoroughly cleaning the oven, the shelves, the side rails, the floor...and let me tell you vegan cheese is about a thousand times harder to remove than even the most baked on dairy cheese! Do they make it out of superglue!? 😂

The bit I did eat was quite tasty though! So there is that! 😊 I just need to figure out how to cook it another time I decide to risk it! Definitely not following the instructions, that’s for sure!
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    I was doing the meat, veggie and carb thing or meat and starchy veggie thing. It became boring really fast. I am cooking more interesting foods. I am on a roll with soups and stir fries right now. Chili for tonight. I am focusing on Whole Foods plus a few other items.
  • scarlett624kh
    scarlett624kh Posts: 14 Member
    Coffee,tea, body armor lyte, protein one 90 calorie bars, low calorie hot chocolate (35 calories), lots of romaine lettuce with a little lite ceaser dressing or lite olive garden dressing, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, eggs without cheese or any extra other than salt and pepper, boneless skinless chicken breasts with Hughes sugar free bbq sauce and emeril's essence, zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, Turkey pepperoni, halo top,artic zero
  • Most greens , particularly spinach and collard greens. Turkey burgers, and potatoes, they help a lot. i eat loaded potatoes almost everyday.