Not seeing any results?

I know this is probably heard a lot, but I’ve been really focussed on being healthier and fitter since the start of September and all I’ve seen is the scales go up.

I eat usually between 5000 and 6000kj a day (so roughly 1400cal), which is under my general goal amount of approximately 6900kj a day (which I’ve never gone over, even considering that I don’t input my cals/kjs exerted during exercise). I track every single thing I put into my body.

I also run 5km everyday (done usually in 28-30 mins) and walk another 5km to make sure I reach my step count everyday. I also do 20 mins of yoga and 20/30 mins of a core work every morning.

I stay hydrated, usually having about 1.5 to 2L a day.

But why am I seeing the scales go up? It’s so deflating to see 3 weeks of effort and absolutely nothing for it. I also have this annoying fat right under my belly button that just won’t budge.

Any tips and suggestions? What should I change? Also I know spot treatment for fat isn’t a thing but I just want my stomach to go, it’s the only thing making me look fat.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Can you please make your food diary public?
  • loumendes1999
    loumendes1999 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m not sure exactly how to do that, but my eating generally looks like this

Breakfast
    Protein Oats (between 800-1100kj depending on the type of oats I have)

Lunch
    A chicken wrap with veggies (again about 1100kj)
    Or a small portion of left overs from previous nights dinner

Dinner
    Always changes, but I make sure to keep my portions small, the max I would have at dinner is about 2000kj.

Snacks (x 2 a day inbetween breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner)
    Fresh fruit with chia seeds and yoghurt
    Veggies and dip with a stick of cheese
    Also generally a treat (4 squares of dark choc or 50grams of ice cream, so usually about 500kj worth of junk).
    Usually, my snacks would equal between 1000 to 2000kj

As for my macros, my carbs are usually less than 40% of what I consume. I aim to have protein high but can only obtain about 20% some days, so my fat macros are high. Could this be the issue?
  • loumendes1999
    Hi yes I am a female and my TOM is coming up, but I usually don’t gain much weight prior.

Everything I consume is weighed and measured, and usually I scan barcodes to register the appropriate nutritional information.

I really am hoping it’s the change in exercise that’s made the weight gain. I was considering continuing until end of next month on this plan and hope I see results
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi yes I am a female and my TOM is coming up, but I usually don’t gain much weight prior.

Everything I consume is weighed and measured, and usually I scan barcodes to register the appropriate nutritional information.

I really am hoping it’s the change in exercise that’s made the weight gain. I was considering continuing until end of next month on this plan and hope I see results

Ah, ok. Yeah, if thats the case, you could just have the perfect storm of TOM coming up and new exercise working together to cause your body to retain water and possibly mask weight loss. When you said your weight is going up, is it a couple of pounds? Several pounds?
    A couple of other random ideas I had...
    Do you use a digital scale when you weigh yourself? Wondering because sometimes when the batteries are going bad it can cause weird readings..you might need to replace them if you haven't for awhile. I tend to forget this one.
    Also, the point above is good about checking to make sure that what you're scanning is accurate, since MFP database is user maintained and calorie amounts are often frequently wrong (makes me wonder now if the 1,000 calorie garlic clove one is still out there, for instance. That person must have had one damn tasty garlic clove 😂)
    Also, do you weigh yourself at different times throughout the day, or is it the same time every day under the same conditions (i.e....6 AM each morning, clothed or unclothed, eaten/drank coffee or fasted). Body weight fluctuates throughout the day, so weighing at different times each day could be skewing your results.
    Barring that, there is always the small possibility of a medical condition.
    I think the usual advice on MFP is stick it out for 4 to 6 weeks. If there are no drops on the scale, you may need to adjust your calorie intake.
  • loumendes1999
    I think I’ve gained about 1.5kg all up. Maybe the scales could be an issue? I do usually weight myself In the AM unclothed, before I consume anything :)

I’ll stick it out and hope something positive comes from it!
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    You haven't been doing it that long, I'd say stay the course. Other than that, our weight tends to fluctuate through the week, I'd recommend weighing yourself first thing in the AM on the same day of the week. Friday is probably a good choice as you might go up a little on the weekend.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I don’t see any fat for you to lose.

Also, drinking water has nothing to do with weight loss.

I would keep up your plan and be patient.