2»

Replies

• lyndseylee143
    lyndseylee143 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi😁
  • bearzzly
    bearzzly Posts: 3 Member
    I totally understand You! 👍
  • I just want some people to talk too. I don’t have that many friends. People don’t understand me that much but that’s okay!😊

Am also quite new here and my initial impression is, ppl in the community are so friendly and encouraging and am so happy to be here.. am sure you will feel the same way too ..
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    @lyndseylee143, you sound very genuine and sweet natured. You also sound like an introvert which I COMPLETELY identify with. I’m pretty awkward in social situations unless I have a few drinks before I walk in so I tend to avoid all parties!! This COVID situation has not been an adjustment for me, put it that way, so I hope you are feeling more normal with each response coming your way! 😉
  • lyndseylee143
    lyndseylee143 Posts: 25 Member
    @steph6556, thank you!😊
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    Sometimes I don't think of anything at all, and some people think that's weird. Am I not allowed to empty my mind? Thats why I go out on the bike 🚴. It's such a great stress reliever. I often feel nobody is listening, so I tend to retreat and say to myself "sod it,what's the point?"

You're not on your own
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Solitude keeps me sane. It's people that drive me crazy because I end up expecting too much. Give me nature, beautiful scenery, calm and quiet over yacking endlessly, yelling, cursing about the small stuff, invading my quiet space. :)

Ommmm
  • steph6556
    steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
    @seepersaud and @ReenieHJ, hello fellow introverts! People drive me nuts too, haha! Actually, it’s not PEOPLE so much as it’s my not being able to comfortably be around them without looking like I’ve got ants in my pants and need to bolt! I get sooooo anxious just thinking about what to say.... anyway, no need to vent more. Just saying hi and I SEE you! Thanks for outing yourselves with me. We need an entire thread for introverts!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    steph6556 wrote: »
    @seepersaud and @ReenieHJ, hello fellow introverts! People drive me nuts too, haha! Actually, it’s not PEOPLE so much as it’s my not being able to comfortably be around them without looking like I’ve got ants in my pants and need to bolt! I get sooooo anxious just thinking about what to say.... anyway, no need to vent more. Just saying hi and I SEE you! Thanks for outing yourselves with me. We need an entire thread for introverts!!

I'm shy, I damn sure am.

I reckon that I should change my screen name to 'WallFlower".

You have no idea how long it took me to build the courage just to post on this thread.
  • ReenieHJ
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I'm shy, I damn sure am.

You have no idea how long it took me to build the courage just to post on this thread.

Trying to picture you named WallFlower. I can't. Maybe 'Deer caught in the headlights'. *That* I can picture. Wondering what you were like in school?

If a poll was to be taken of how many introverts vs. extroverts participate on forums, what do you all think it would show?
  • ReenieHJ
    Speaking of introverts, I have a clear memory of when I was just barely a teenager, out for an ice cream Sundae with a friend of mine, sitting at an old-fashioned ice cream parlor type place. I must've acted uncomfortable or something because I remember her saying 'you don't like being around people much, do you?' It was obvious even then? :blush:

It's weird how, even though we're in the same family, I am so very different from my sister. She loves people and is lost without that connection, just loves to chat/gab/talk/can't get her to shut up. Then, there's me. I'm a good listener. :) And usually have very little to contribute to any conversation.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I'm shy, I damn sure am.

Trying to picture you named WallFlower. I can't. Maybe 'Deer caught in the headlights'. *That* I can picture. Wondering what you were like in school?

If a poll was to be taken of how many introverts vs. extroverts participate on forums, what do you all think it would show?

50 introvert: 40 extrovert: 10 ambivert