BUFFETS! Love em or hate em?

Options
13»

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral is my diet nightmare.

We don't really do buffets anymore though. I physically cannot eat enough to even make it a good value because i'm so used to eating 400 - 500 calories at a time.
  • ErikaS321
    ErikaS321 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to love them but wouldn't go near one now..I would eat too much for sure.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think they're overpriced for the amount of food that I usually eat.... and on top of that, there are more unhealthy things than healthy ones. I put it in the dislike category.

Shannon
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Golden Corral is my diet nightmare.

We don't really do buffets anymore though. I physically cannot eat enough to even make it a good value because i'm so used to eating 400 - 500 calories at a time.

Went to Golden Corral last week. I tried my best to control what I had, but the calories were still higher than I would have liked. I still made as good of choices possible & came under my calorie goal.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love them. I'm usually over my goal on days that I go but I'm fine with that. I don't go that often and when I do I enjoy it. I love being able to either try new things or just have a couple of bites of something I've been sort of craving.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have only been to a buffet once in the past two years I believe. I don't like them anymore because I get full way too fast!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    Last time I went to a large chain buffet place it was on a Sunday. After church crowd. It was so crowded you had to wait in line to get anything. I had this sudden vision of us not being humans at a buffet, but swine at a trough. I don't think I'll go back.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I think they are so nasty. I am able to go to a buffet w/o stuffing myself silly but I avoid them as much as possible.

Bad tasting poorly made food that's been sitting for who knows how long and full of germs....barf!

My parents occasionally invite us out to dinner and its always to a buffet, I almost always decline (Other then when it was my Grandma's 80th birthday or something similar)

I know, restaurants in general can be nasty but the thought of buffets make me gag.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I love buffets because I can have tiny portions of everything I want :) Usually when you order a meal in a non-buffet place you get a ginormous portion that I never eat, even with leftovers at home... I wish things came in smaller portions and buffets are great for that :)

I'm actually not quoting you, I just wanted you to know that your ticker is epic!
  • kate8085
    Options
    Hate! But for me, it's a food safety & other people's germs issue. LOL Buffets just kind of gross me out.

Yep. Me too.