MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    waiting for the phone calllllllllllllllllllllll
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    hrichts wrote: »
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

My kid has been watching that a lot lately... He's learned so much and has told me many things I never knew...

Like how D-day actually took place on Rommels birthday... While most kids his age are playing with Japanimation toys, he's renacting the battle of Iwo Jima with little green army man...

It's awesome lol

My son woke me up late one night this week to tell me he had to give a presentation the next morning and he forgot about it. We got up at 5 the next morning to work on it. It was about Jewish ghettos, and I was absolutely enthralled. As much as I get into wwii history, I had never heard of the ghettos. I was wishing we had more time to dig into it 😅

@Hrichts

Here 'ya go....

imho - essential reading:

European Theatre:

2db615869b2fe83dce60913ae4ea2691.jpg

Pacific Theatre:

41TCSQnoXcL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

My kid has been watching that a lot lately... He's learned so much and has told me many things I never knew...

Like how D-day actually took place on Rommels birthday... While most kids his age are playing with Japanimation toys, he's renacting the battle of Iwo Jima with little green army man...

It's awesome lol

My son woke me up late one night this week to tell me he had to give a presentation the next morning and he forgot about it. We got up at 5 the next morning to work on it. It was about Jewish ghettos, and I was absolutely enthralled. As much as I get into wwii history, I had never heard of the ghettos. I was wishing we had more time to dig into it 😅

You know... As much as I encourage him learning about ww2 and the battles / military history... I've explained a little bit to him about the holocaust but usually steer him away from this aspect... Some history is just too dark...

He'll learn about that when he's a little older...

Right now his thing is the Pacific Theater... He's turning into a total history nerd like me 🤓

@Mr_Healthy_Habits

I have a first edition of this:

51WZCGRQxkL._SL500_.jpg

Mine has some very personal family notes written inside of the front cover.

Where he went, the islands, the battles, etc. etc. (Heavy, Heavy Stuff.)

In regards to this from your post: "Some history is just too dark... "

For adults, I disagree. Although you're correct, he can learn about that later. It's too much to wrap your head around when you're just a kid. People think evil hides in the shadows; I think the opposite is true, it's out there in full view. Sometimes it's just so horrible, people prefer to look away.

We visited Dachau a couple of years ago.
    It's a very dark place.
  • Baking bacon. Thawing pulled meat to make beef and noodles with. Soaking dried shiitake mushrooms for hot and sour soup later. Bringing cream cheese to room temperature so I can make quichecakes. (One ham and broccoli and swiss, one bacon and spinach and chipotle cheddar.) Soaking beans to make baked beans with tomorrow. Will very soon be putting swiss steak in the crockpot. Thawing a smoked sausage to go in a pan with fried potatoes and onions.

(Today is precooking day. I not only have to precook for us but am making food for my inlaws, because my mother in law had back surgery three weeks ago and father in law is pretty occupied helping her. He eats a lot of meat and potatoes stuff, so I'll cook him what he likes.)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    x4l9mpabfcrz.jpeg
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    084wxnarpvxq.jpeg

that dog lovessszz u ♥️
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    084wxnarpvxq.jpeg

that dog lovessszz u ♥️

He’s a goo’boi
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Making soup

oooh what kind???

Lobster bisque! The fancy kind from Sam’s Club, in a plastic tub. I like it :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

It's awesome lol

You know... As much as I encourage him learning about ww2 and the battles / military history... I've explained a little bit to him about the holocaust but usually steer him away from this aspect... Some history is just too dark...

Right now his thing is the Pacific Theater... He's turning into a total history nerd like me 🤓

@Mr_Healthy_Habits

51WZCGRQxkL._SL500_.jpg

For adults, I disagree. Although you're correct, he can learn about that later. It's too much to wrap your head around when you're just a kid. People think evil hides in the shadows; I think the opposite is true, it's out there in full view. Sometimes it's just so horrible, people prefer to look away.

It's a very dark place.

That's freaking bad *kitten* Man!

The other day he started telling me how Guadalcanal was the bloodiest war in the pacific and how disadvantaged the US was because of the low tide around the islands...

It's crazy what sticks with them...

But I agree, no part of history is too dark to study... But for an 8yr old, yeah... The holocaust might break what innocents he has left before I'm ready 😂...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

It's awesome lol

@Mr_Healthy_Habits

51WZCGRQxkL._SL500_.jpg

It's a very dark place.

That's freaking bad *kitten* Man!

The other day he started telling me how Guadalcanal was the bloodiest war in the pacific and how disadvantaged the US was because of the low tide around the islands...

It's crazy what sticks with them...

But I agree, no part of history is too dark to study... But for an 8yr old, yeah... The holocaust might break what innocents he has left before I'm ready 😂...
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    I’m about to check to see if I won the lottery so I can avoid attending a work meeting at 5 pm.
  • beagletracks
    I won $16 in the lottery. Cat tonight’s meeting.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Helping my luddite mother figure out Zoom. Pray for me.
  • beagletracks
    Just wrapping up my 5 pm (PT) work meeting.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020
    I found that protein bar. Sure did.

Just say no to spending time with uninspiring, critical, or negative people who drag you down. Time is precious -- choose a small circle of people who will energize you and challenge you to be better. Jim Collins

That's what you are. <3

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Dying of exhaustion and wondering how I will make it five more hours. Skeleton crew and people calling out has us running behind. Plus no access to the equipment needed to do the job. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    MiNinaLisa wrote: »
    Making soup

oooh what kind???

Lobster bisque! The fancy kind from Sam’s Club, in a plastic tub. I like it :)

it sounds wickedly indulgent. mmmmmm
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    a5td06mlqe6h.jpg
    WWII in Color binge sesh

It's awesome lol

There's a great movie on this. I forget the name...someone know?
  • sportygal1971
    sportygal1971 Posts: 60 Member
    Drinking bulletproof coffee and watching My Three Sons