What you craved and how you caved

Do you have cravings every now and again? Daily? Or more often, perhaps?

This thread is the place for candid disclosure.

Share what your craving of the moment is and how you caved into it (or didn't)!

Remember, you're not defined by your momentary cravings (or even how you decide to respond to them, necessarily). It is simply one moment in time that you may be able to acknowledge, learn from, and then move forward...

With a giggle...

Or with the key to unlocking the universe's secrets.

It's a toss-up, really 🤷🏿‍♀️ Let's see what happens...

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Chocolate. Always chocolate.

I always cave, but I make my own low calorie desserts.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    lay's lightly salted potato chips or nuts. lately i've eaten 7 to 14 grams of nuts or about 9 grams of chips, then when it's mealtime (and i eat 6 small meals per day), i have something salty to tame the craving.

chocolate cravings are easier. i have a double chocolate chunk quest bar for the next meal. i really love their chocolaty goodness, so that takes care of things. no other flavor does it for me like those.
  • I’m been craving potato chips, but have a hard time keeping to just one serving.

So I bought Pringle chips because they are easy to count and make a nice stack. Not quite as good as normal potato chips, but it satisfies the craving, and is easy to keep to one serving.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    I've been doing Paleo for health reasons though I added potatoes back in. I don't have cravings with the same intensity but definitely was tempted by potato chips and gingersnaps at the store! I bought a gluten-free peanut butter whoopie cookie at the farmer's market and put it in the freezer for my birthday. I had fruit and am about to make air-fried potatoes for the 5th night in a row!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’m going to add why I craved because I think it can be helpful to recognise triggers.

Why I craved: Daughter offloaded some Chocolate Fudge scented wax melts as she found them too strong.

What I craved: The brownies I used to make years ago when the kids were little. (Delia Smith recipe - super gooey and packed with Brazil nuts)

How I caved: I made them yesterday. 🙄 Can’t even tell you how many I ate! 😱
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    What I craved: most everything :( Been in a craving kind of a mood lately, dangerous thing.
    How I caved: been drinking an extra cup of coffee every day, chewing more gum, and made myself a very lo-cal lo-carb crustless pumpkin pie with FF cool whip. *sigh* now I just want more.
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    potato crisps/tortilla chips are my most frequent craving - particularly savoury flavoured ones e.g. paprika/bbq. Timing most commonly late afternoon.

On a good day I substitute with something else savoury/salty like two corn thins spread with marmite (62 cals). On a medium day I weigh out a portion of 25g and log it and put the rest of the bag away. On a bad day (like Wednesday) I eat the whole large bag - I was hungry and tired, we were going to be eating late and my husband was on a work call in the kitchen so I couldn't go in to put the bag away or get an alternative...

• BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    Craved: Chicken Wings

I didn't cave. I redirected my thoughts and forgot about them 5 minutes later. Kind of a cognitive behavior technique.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Crave- homemade chocolate chip cookies
    Haven't caved, have been drinking water and doing other things to avoid making cookies. one of the things I did was to try on my coats. (I knew some were tight last winter and I even ended up buying a new one.) All I can say is I must not have worn my good winter coat in a couple of years.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Hot S'Mores Pop Tarts and I ate 4 in two days. I'm glad we don't have any more because I might eat the whole box.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    BahstenB10 wrote: »
    Craved: Chicken Wings

I didn't cave. I redirected my thoughts and forgot about them 5 minutes later. Kind of a cognitive behavior technique.

it's very cool that works for you!

it doesn't work for me. i've had cravings that lasted three days or longer - literally.
  • 1chesc
    1chesc Posts: 152 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Chocolate. Always chocolate.

I always cave, but I make my own low calorie desserts.

Me too! Chocolate is definitely my kryptonite.

When I cave (more often then I probably should) I have a portion that is 100 calories or less. Kids chocolate/snacks are generally in smaller portions and therefore fit into my 100 calories for chocolate
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    For me it's granola and cereal. Gets me every time.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member

MaltedTea wrote: »
    What I craved: A large bowl of heavily buttered popcorn after dinner

How I caved: Decided to eat three soft-boiled eggs sprinkled with smoked salt and freshly cracked pepper instead

Small movie theater popcorn. I like it w/o butter, and w/o salt. In the past, I have been known to pop in just to buy the popcorn....

Did not cave. Went online and looked up the calories, etc (Regal Theaters.) For a small (child size) serving, the calories, fat, etc were astounding. Let me say it again, astounding. Needless to say, Covid not withstanding, I haven't been to the movies in like forever. :#;)