Ultimate Accountability Challenge, October 2020, The Healthy Life

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
Join us now at this link
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138490-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2020

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Thanks for your invitation for others to join our UAC October Team!
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This is a great group! I joined a little more than a year ago and it was super helpful in aiding me in losing the last weight I needed to get down to maintenance. It's not a who-can-lose-the-most group but instead all about building lifelong healthy habits with the support of a positive friendly accountability group. I'd encourage anyone to join!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks, @cjane917!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
    Join us now at this link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138490-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2020
  • liberalfoodie
    liberalfoodie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Interested but also feel that it's so hard. I am not worried about numbers but losing fat. Hoping to gain some accountability partners to help me get there. Did I mention, I own a wine shop?
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I also joined the UAC a little over a year ago, reached my goal, and have been in maintenance since last November. The UAC helps me to keep from gaining the weight back. The monthly challenge is a great goal, but the UAC is also about building long term healthy habits. This supportive group is a good place to land every day and give myself solid accountability. I encourage anyone to join, whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain.

See you in October. :)
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @liberalfoodie You're right, accountability partners help us along the way! Best wishes to you with your goals :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Would love to, thank you ❤️
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Come and join us, this works! I joined to maintain a healthy lifestyle, to be fitter and happier, no weigh in, no ridiculing, a lovely diverse group of people! Come and join us!
  • montevalloroad18
    montevalloroad18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes ! I need accountability.
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this! 😄
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've been in the group for about a year and a half, and find that it's an incredible tool to keep me focused and consistent. I make concious choices due to the UAC that make a big difference in keeping weight off in the long run. Very happy to sign up again for October!!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I really appreciate this group because I know that I am going to post what I did and didn't do so, that keeps me motivated each day to do better with my diet and exercise, if that makes sense. The team is highly motivational and non competitive.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to it!!
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I’ve been with this group for a few months now. I had my share of up and downs but I really appreciate the gentle support this team has provided all thorough. highly recommend joining this group!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I really benefit from this Accountability group. I've been doing for at least 5 months now. You can participate in the "chatting" - or not. You decide what your calorie goal is, you report if you tracked every morsel/sip, did you exercise at least 20 min's and if you stayed under your calorie goal. It's definitely up to you to adhere to being accountable...but this group supports you along the way. I have never seen anyone treat another group member with anything other than respect and encouragement. You will definitely benefit if you join.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,320 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for accountability? Then this is the best group.
    I have "loss" nearly all of "lazy days"
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @liberalfoodie I have an open diary that includes wine most days :) You can definitely be part of the group if your goal is more about losing fat than weight. You can set a calorie goal to achieve that (whether it's maintenance or a slow loss while doing body recomposition) and then report out if you'd like to share your measurements or fat composition changing.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @liberalfoodie and @cjane917 I'm a red wine fan and I have a modest copa de vino tinto almost every day.
    RangerRickL