Marshmallow cake 81 cals!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hmmm nom nom nom looks yummy! :bigsmile:

I've never seen this over in Ireland "1g Xantham Gum" the rest I have used LOVE SF Jelly :love: I also add some skimmed milk before setting it which is also yummy :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's possible to make this without a mixer? Could I just beat the hell out of it with a whisk ?

Also - I'd like to cut down on the artificial sweetener. How sweet is this? With the jello + splenda, it sounds like it is probably very dessert-like. Just curious!

Looks deeeelish!

Absolutely not possible without a mixer unless you can use a whisk at some sort of ridiculous speed! I ended up beating the last one for about 20mins. The longer the better as it just keeps rising :smile:

Sweetness: I would say is pretty much like a regular marshmallow. Not crazy sweet or anything. My tastebuds may have changed a bit though as I don't generally have that much sugary stuff, always sugar free basically.
  • judithtanielu
    judithtanielu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is Xanthan Gum ??? never heard of it
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's possible to make this without a mixer? Could I just beat the hell out of it with a whisk ?

Also - I'd like to cut down on the artificial sweetener. How sweet is this? With the jello + splenda, it sounds like it is probably very dessert-like. Just curious!

Looks deeeelish!

Absolutely not possible without a mixer unless you can use a whisk at some sort of ridiculous speed! I ended up beating the last one for about 20mins. The longer the better as it just keeps rising :smile:

Sweetness: I would say is pretty much like a regular marshmallow. Not crazy sweet or anything. My tastebuds may have changed a bit though as I don't generally have that much sugary stuff, always sugar free basically.
    I don't use any sweetener or sugar at all in my food - The only exception would be my protein powder, which contains some sweetener. Otherwise I take everything black and unsweetened. I am thinking that SF pudding/jelly would be very sweet for my tastebuds. Could I get away without the splenda?
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    What is Xanthan Gum ??? never heard of it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xanthum+gum

Meagalayne: definitely :smile:
  • judithtanielu
    judithtanielu Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you i will now try and attempt the recipe
  • balowry1
    Options
    Bump
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but have to tag for reference
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    all good :) Hope some more people try it out. I make these all the time.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Fascinating.
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    wow this looks great!! thanks!!