Water flavor?

I like water, but trying to get a gallon in, I get a little bored, what’s your favorite water flavoring?

Replies

• Slices of lemon, lime,cucumber, mint leaves
    Various flavour tea bags
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Plain iced tea.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    I like the Mio flavor enhancers, a squirt is all you need.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I am very fond of Ultima Electrolyte Replenisher!! :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Real lemon raspberry lemonade. I only use 1/2 tube in my 20 oz Yeti mug though, cuz it’s really sweet.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    I am very fond of Ultima Electrolyte Replenisher!! :)

There is a water electrolyte powder by Biosteel that is excellent. Vitamin Shoppe has a water electrolyte enhancer by True Athlete that is fantastic
    I also use Sweetleaf water drops with a bit of liquid stevia. Love it!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Why are you trying to get a gallon in? That may be the better question!

There’s been a lot of hype about drinking water over the years but most people don’t need to drink anywhere near as much as the so-called ‘experts’ claim.

Drink if you’re thirsty, be guided by thirst and urine colour throughout the day. Dark urine signals dehydration, pale straw-coloured urine - you’re sufficiently hydrated.

Remember that a vast portion of your actual daily fluid needs comes inherently in your food. Fruits and vegetables have a high water content, coffee, tea, herbal/fruit teas and any other beverages also count, soups, sauces, milk/plant milks and countless other things add to healthy hydration.

Forcing yourself to drink water is unlikely to be necessary unless you live in a very hot, dry climate and work a physically demanding job or do a lot of physical activity outside.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    What @BarbaraHelen2013 said is right on the money. The idea that drinking lots of water or the common advice to drink 8 glasses a day is not based on science and is an outmoded idea. Drink what you need to keep yourself well-hydrated and judge that by the color of your urine, which should be light yellow or straw colored. I wish MFP would update their system to delete the 8 glasses per day recommendation. It has no science behind it.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I see nothing wrong with adding flavor.

But I've also found: changing the container can help. I mostly was drinking out of plastic bottles/cups. Recently picked up a metal refillable container that also keeps contents cold for a long time. I can chug plain water out of that. Many people prefer soda in one form over another - like cans over bottles. So also try different containers?
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I see nothing wrong with adding flavor.

But I've also found: changing the container can help. I mostly was drinking out of plastic bottles/cups. Recently picked up a metal refillable container that also keeps contents cold for a long time. I can chug plain water out of that. Many people prefer soda in one form over another - like cans over bottles. So also try different containers?

Me too. My beverage of choice, ice ware in my 20 oz Yeti. Occasionally, I mix-in 1/2 of a a tube of Real Lemon Raspberry Lemonade
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    edited September 2020
    KindaKaty wrote: »
    I like water, but trying to get a gallon in, I get a little bored, what’s your favorite water flavoring?

Unless you are laboring under the hot sun or something of that ilk, a gallon is overkill.

Twinning Earl Grey (old formula.)
    11ef40f2d10e68a11d90259e5b1634a6.jpg
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    I carry a stainless steel water bottle everywhere I go, and use Stur water enhancers. They seem to be as natural as I can find, and help me drink more water, but still I know that plain water is best. I agree it is very boring though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2020
    Pink starburst, Hawaiian punch grape, Hawaiian punch orange (tastes like sunnyd) and crystal light pink lemonade are my favorites.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    I buy G Fuel. It's a powder mix that has caffeine as well and usually 25 or less calories per serving. I usually do 3-4 servings per week. It mixes best in a blender bottle.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I have an infuser that I put in a carafe or pitcher of water. My go to are cucumber slices or strawberries. Also a few sprigs of mint or sweet herbs of choice. Nice flavor! Also - any citrus wedges are great. Lime, grapefruit, orange, lemon ...
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Granny smith apple infused water is amazing!