How to lose 4 pounds per week for 6 weeks?

Options
ximenavictoriaxo
ximenavictoriaxo Posts: 113 Member
edited September 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys!

First off, I'm sorry I know this is totally unhealthy but I'm already extremely overweight for my height (5'0"), starting weight 191 lbs (yesterday), currently 189 lbs. I'm starting a 6-week challenge which would require me to lose 25 pounds or 6% body fat. I wonder what has helped people lose weight in this short amount of time?

I am putting myself on a 1200 calorie diet, which I think it's fine considering I should probably get used to eating smaller portions and increase my protein intake.

I'm planning on doing 3 intense workouts (45 min kickboxing), and 2 regular workouts (30 min weights and cardio) per week. So I get 2 days of rest, I wonder if I should be working out everyday, but prob not otherwise I won't be able to workout next week.

Also, I had blindly accepted this challenge. So oops, this happened to be one of my impulse buys where I placed $500 deposit for this challenge, so if i reach this goal I'll be able to get a refund for this.

I'll be drinking 2 protein shakes a day (25g protein, 1g sugar). I only know the methods that have worked for me in the past, but I have never attempted to lose weight in such a short amount of time. I am inclined to believe that I just might be able to reach it since I have a lot of weight to lose, so it might be easier to lose the first 20 pounds. Looking for any advise~ Thank you!!

Replies

• zackpeters
    zackpeters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would make sure your protein is 100-120g. Fat anywhere between 20-25% of calories, then fill in remaining cal with carbs. 1200cal is a bit low but with protein controlled, you should be ok. One refeed day a week should also be utilized. An extra 50g of carbs should be sufficient.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    It sounds like one of the weight loss betting sites like dietbet.com or healthywage.com

It certainly isn't a dietbet game, they are fairly generic 4% in four weeks or 10% over six months, there are no prescribed diets or exercise plans, players set their own weight loss and/or exercise program. I have participated in a few, won a few and loss a few (through my own doing). Currently doing two six month games, doing good so far, four months in on one and two months in on another.