How do I save a recipe?

letscoexist1
letscoexist1 Posts: 4 Member
I just entered the ingredients for a soup I made and want to save the recipe but don't see where I can save it. Help please? Thanks.

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Did you enter it in the Recipe builder part of the app or just in your food diary?

In order to save it you need to create a recipe in the recipe builder, once you’ve input all the ingredients you’ll be able to save it then access it from your diary.
  • letscoexist1
    Food: Recipes: It says to enter your recipe and Recipe Nutrition Calculator on the page.
  • letscoexist1
    I don't see a "save" option or button. Does it do that automatically?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Are you on the app or on the website? If the app, which one (iOS or Android)?
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2020
    Edit: Nevermind... the interface has changed, recipes are entered differently now.

Since this question was already asked, I won't start a new thread. I haven't tried to save a recipe in a long long while, and in trying to do so now, I see no way to save it. No save button. What the heck. I'm using the website on my laptop. Anyone else having this issue?
  • kembo9087
    kembo9087 Posts: 1 Member
    On an android select the three bars upper left, scroll down to recipes, meals, and foods. Select that then select create a recipe. Follow the directions and you are allowed to save the recipe at the end.
  • M3lma3
    M3lma3 Posts: 23 Member
    Edit: Nevermind... the interface has changed, recipes are entered differently now.

Since this question was already asked, I won't start a new thread. I haven't tried to save a recipe in a long long while, and in trying to do so now, I see no way to save it. No save button. What the heck. I'm using the website on my laptop. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm using my desktop trying to make a recipe and I don't save a save button anywhere either
  • annette9501
    annette9501 Posts: 7 Member
    I have this question too...was it ever answered? I can add recipes on my phone, but the website doesn't seem to have a 'save' button or option
  • hofbauerlaw
    hofbauerlaw Posts: 3 Member
    What worked for me was to save the recipe after each ingredient was added
  • pwittr
    pwittr Posts: 2 Member
    On iOS still have the issue…
    Go to the trouble of entering all the ingredients, but no option to save.
    Pretty discouraging software… and this is not some new thing.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’m on iOS and wondering if you’re looking in the wrong place for the save button?

Once you’ve entered your ingredients go to the arrow at top right, that will take you to the page where you can edit serving size if desired and also the ‘Save’ buttons.
  • TouchAsMarshmellows
    TouchAsMarshmellows Posts: 25 Member
    Maybe there is a next button or arrow on the desktop too? I’ve only done it with iOS and other than a 24 hr glitch, it always works just hitting next and then the save or save and add to diary option.